Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   I Pulled The Trigger on an iPhone 6 (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=67794)

pnoon 09-18-2014 07:50 AM

I Pulled The Trigger on an iPhone 6

Actually three of them. Me, my wife, and my son.
Verizon offering $200 trade in value for each of our 4S phones sure helped.

Normally, I am not on the leading edge of technology. I prefer to be one generation behind at a fraction of the cost. I was planning on getting 5S phones but my wife convinced me otherwise. Aside from the sticker shock for the entire order, I think I will be happy with getting the 6.

Anyone else here have/getting an iPhone 6?

Chainsaw13 09-18-2014 08:03 AM

Re: I Pulled The Trigger on an iPhone 6

Not yet. My 5 is getting a little long in the tooth, so I've been thinking of upgrading. Did you go with the 4.7" screen, or opt to order the 5.5"?

Dude Here 09-18-2014 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pnoon (Post 1987388)
Actually three of them. Me, my wife, and my son.
Verizon offering $200 trade in value for each of our 4S phones sure helped.

Normally, I am not on the leading edge of technology. I prefer to be one generation behind at a fraction of the cost. I was planning on getting 5S phones but my wife convinced me otherwise. Aside from the sticker shock for the entire order, I think I will be happy with getting the 6.

Anyone else here have/getting an iPhone 6?

I'm gonna wait a while. My 4S is still going strong but the wife's is on it's last legs. We'll probably upgrade to the 5S during the Holidays. Congrats on becoming so modern and hip!

pnoon 09-18-2014 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 (Post 1987393)
Not yet. My 5 is getting a little long in the tooth, so I've been thinking of upgrading. Did you go with the 4.7" screen, or opt to order the 5.5"?

4.7" for us, Bob.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dude Here (Post 1987394)
I'm gonna wait a while. My 4S is still going strong but the wife's is on it's last legs. We'll probably upgrade to the 5S during the Holidays. Congrats on becoming so modern and hip!

I was planning to wait, too. But the $200 trade-in offer was too good to pass up. The 16G phone ends up being free. The 64G cost $100 more. Verizon also added an additional 3G/mo data to our shared data plan for no extra cost.

jonumberone 09-18-2014 08:16 AM

$200 trade in? This might sway me towards the new 6 or 6 plus!
Thanks, Peter!

pnoon 09-18-2014 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonumberone (Post 1987396)
$200 trade in? This might sway me towards the new 6 or 6 plus!
Thanks, Peter!

I believe you have to make the iPhone 6 purchase by September 30.

AdamJoshua 09-18-2014 08:28 AM

If you aren't trading your phone into your carrier as some people do you can check out https://www.gazelle.com for what their offer is, you can also lock offers in so that you don't have to send off your phone (free shipping) until you have your new phone. I have used them twice and it's a breeze.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pnoon (Post 1987397)
I believe you have to make the iPhone 6 purchase by September 30.

My gazelle offer is good until 10/15, they just pushed them out when apple pushed out delivery dates.

I'll be getting my 6 soon enough. On a side note loving some of the new features of iOS 8

pnoon 09-18-2014 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamJoshua (Post 1987399)
you can also lock offers in so that you don't have to send off your phone (free shipping) until you have your new phone. I have used them twice and it's a breeze.

I don't have to return the 4S phones until the new ones are delivered.

The new features of iOS 8 are cool. Even when used to torture your friends. ;)

icehog3 09-18-2014 08:58 AM

Congrats, Peter. I just moved into 2006 with a 4S a few months ago, but I am curious to learn more about the 6 and IOS 8.

Chainsaw13 09-18-2014 10:21 AM

Peter, did Verizon hit you up with a $30 upgrade fee? I see that on their website when I log into my account and go through the upgrade process. I might be better off just preordering, and then selling mine on CL.

CigarNut 09-18-2014 10:37 AM

I preordered the 6+ on the 12th and was told that it will be available mid-to-late November :(. AT&T is also offering the $200 trade-in value for my iPhone 5, which is a pretty good deal. I checked with Gazelle and they only offered me $165.

I upgraded to iOS 8 last night and am very happy with it so far -- it seems to be quite a bit faster for me. Still going through and learning about all the new features.

themoneycollector 09-18-2014 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pnoon (Post 1987388)
Normally, I am not on the leading edge of technology. I prefer to be one generation behind at a fraction of the cost.

Android users will say you are at least one generation behind with the iphone 6, just not at a fraction of the cost. :sl :noon :r

pnoon 09-18-2014 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 (Post 1987424)
Peter, did Verizon hit you up with a $30 upgrade fee? I see that on their website when I log into my account and go through the upgrade process. I might be better off just preordering, and then selling mine on CL.

Yep.
I don't do FleaBay or CraigsList.
Quote:

Originally Posted by themoneycollector (Post 1987427)
Android users will say you are at least one generation behind with the iphone 6, just not at a fraction of the cost. :sl :noon :r

No need to drag the Android/iPhone debate into an otherwise amicable thread.
:2

CigarNut 09-18-2014 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themoneycollector (Post 1987427)

Religious discussions are not allowed on CA :)

shilala 09-18-2014 12:55 PM

I've been waffling on the 6+.
I was perfectly happy with my 4 when Weeze got me the 5. I wish it was a 32gb, 16gb just isn't enough space for all the crap I like to keep on my phone.
I'm installing ios 8 right now. Looking forward to seeing what's new.
AT&T says they'll give me $235 for my iphone 5. I'd far rather sell it on ebay or craigslist.
AT&T doesn't want to buy phones anymore, they want to lease them or have folks make payments. I can only get an upgrade on one line, and that's mine. I think the 6+ with 64gb is around $399.
I'd like to at least see one before I leap. The biggerscreen will certainly help with my failing eyeballs. :)

JPH 09-18-2014 02:16 PM

I plan to get it !

Dave128 09-18-2014 02:42 PM

Very soon.

Chainsaw13 09-18-2014 05:55 PM

Another question. The trade in value, was this online or at a store? I just did their online appraisal. $36. WTF?!?!

AdamJoshua 09-18-2014 06:01 PM

I like the new camera features, especially being able to adjust contrast by just sliding your finger up and down on the screen. My favorite feature so far is the job they did with predictive text, they did a slick job of it, much better than the old way.

CigarNut 09-18-2014 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 (Post 1987545)
Another question. The trade in value, was this online or at a store? I just did their online appraisal. $36. WTF?!?!

I got the quote from AT&T in one of their stores.