Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Anyone use CVM cigars before? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=15129)

GhostRyder 05-06-2009 04:03 PM

Anyone use CVM cigars before?

I came across this free cigar offer.

http://207.0.204.23/c-187-free-cigar-offer.aspx

I went ahead an pulled the trigger, hopefully my credit card didn't just get stolen. 6 cigars for $8 worth of shipping. Not too bad, they're mystery cigars though so it's possible that I got screwed. I guess we will find out in a couple days.

rharris 05-06-2009 05:12 PM

Re: Anyone use CVM cigars before?

I tried this deal a few years ago.The first time I tried it I absolutely loved the sticks,so i called and ordered a bundle.When the bundle arrived they were not the same cigar.I had no problems with shipping or customer service,I think the site is certainly legit,I just didn't like the bundle they sent anywhere as much as the sample.It might be a good idea to toss them in the freezer for a few days when they arrive as well.

groogs 05-06-2009 05:16 PM

I have ordered from them before and there were no problems, but they always try to push some Rocky Patels or other cigars that they are trying to unload. I have not ordered from them in a few years.

dccraft 05-07-2009 06:20 AM

I ordered a bundle from them last year and had no problems. Good service & good smokes. I keep checking their specials from time to time.

elderboy02 05-07-2009 06:27 AM

I did this last year. The cigars were all crap except for 1. Hopefully you will get some good ones.

BlackIrish 05-08-2009 06:24 AM

I didn't do this deal but had a frustrating experience with them a few weeks ago. On the website they had a five pack of Dunhill Signed Range at a good price. I placed an order for it and for a 5pk of another brand (note btw that shipping fees are higher than other sites) and got a confirmation. I later got a call telling me that they were out of the Dunhills I'd ordered and offered a substitute - but at a much higher price (like $20 higher). I checked the website, and they were still showing the very cigars I'd ordered and that were supposed to be out of stock, just at a higher price. I asked about this but got a bit of a runaround so I cancelled the order. Couldn't help but suspect that they had the cigars in stock but didn't want to honor the price shown on the website.

My experience may have been atypical and maybe I drew the wrong inferences, but I found it frustrating and I don't plan to deal with them in the future.
Posted via Mobile Device

kaelaria 05-08-2009 12:41 PM

http://cigarobsession.com/2009/05/06...g-free-cigars/

GhostRyder 05-08-2009 03:59 PM

Thanks Bryan, I actually found that deal on your blog.

kaelaria 05-08-2009 04:11 PM

I know one of the sticks is a bummer, just a little cigarillo- but even if 1/2 the others are dogs it's still a dealio :) I would expect the two Rocky's to at least be worth the shipping money. The house blends are just a bonus if they are good too. I'll give them a few weeks at least to come up to snuff.

andrewhies 06-16-2011 08:35 AM

I called to verify that they had confirmed it. Sent, unfortunately, when it was shipped, a look alike. I called them and was told that there is a difference between them and they do not think it was a matter.

Blindjimme 06-16-2011 09:36 AM

What?

H2nd2none 12-08-2013 06:50 AM

Yes and I wish I would have listened to reviews. I ordered a 5 pack of the Gurka Royal Reserves after 4 days no shipping confirmation so I called. The guy that answered seemed nervous said he would get the person to call when he gets in. I never received the call when a week past I emailed them and asked if cigars had shipped yet still no response, so the next day I sent email to cancel and ordered from Cigars International. Then that's when they responded that they would go out on Black Friday, they had a thanksgiving rush. Told them I wanted to cancel order and they still didn't respond to canceling it. 2 weeks just to ship. I ordered same cigars from CI and had them in 3 days. I would never order from them again. The communication is poor, the customer service is even worse.

pnoon 12-10-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H2nd2none (Post 1907297)
Yes and I wish I would have listened to reviews. I ordered a 5 pack of the Gurka Royal Reserves after 4 days no shipping confirmation so I called. The guy that answered seemed nervous said he would get the person to call when he gets in. I never received the call when a week past I emailed them and asked if cigars had shipped yet still no response, so the next day I sent email to cancel and ordered from Cigars International. Then that's when they responded that they would go out on Black Friday, they had a thanksgiving rush. Told them I wanted to cancel order and they still didn't respond to canceling it. 2 weeks just to ship. I ordered same cigars from CI and had them in 3 days. I would never order from them again. The communication is poor, the customer service is even worse.

Thread is 2 1/2 years old.
:bh

Whipper Snapper 12-10-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pnoon (Post 1907961)

What's old is new again Peter.
That should make you feel pretty good :r ;s

AdamJoshua 12-10-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pnoon (Post 1907961)

I thought something smelled off in here.

Hi Pete!