Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Island (The other ones) Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   My Uzi Weighs a Ton (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=58599)

backyardcigar 10-12-2012 01:58 PM

My Uzi Weighs a Ton

http://backyardcigar.com/wp-content/...ox-290x160.jpg

I saw this robusto stck while browsing for new cigars at my local brick and mortar and the name drew me in with curiosity…My Uzi Weighs a Ton!…

Produced by Drew Estates under the Subculture studios brand, with collaboration from Joya de Nicaragua..this is a very well crafted cigar, with a nice Maduro wrapper with a Connecticut binder and a mix of fillers including Brazilian Mata Fina Oscuro, Nicaraguan Seco Jalapa, Nicaraguan Viso Condega and Nicaraguan Esteli Ligero.

compared to other 5×60 robustos, this cigar is a bit heavier, so it kinda lives up to the name, the maduro wrapper features little to know no visible veins and light oil coating. the wrapper feels a bit rough, but it is very easy to light. toasting the foot of this cigar releases a sweet smell, that’s kind of earthy in tone and within the 20 minutes i could sense a very medium flavor that is subtle and spicy.

towards the middle half of the cigar is a slight hint of chocolate that to me is a nice nod to the drew estates java lines, i was very impressed with how the hint of chocolate was not enough to over power the spicy/earthy taste, but only enough to provide added flavor. near the end the taste becomes a bit bolder and more full bodied with a the spcy flavor turning to a more rich cinnamon texture with still subtle hints of chocolate.

overall i loved this cigar and recommend you look for it at your nearest Brick and Mortar store or wherever you buy online. retail price for the 5X60 for me was $9.50 plus tax.

icehog3 10-12-2012 03:34 PM

Re: My Uzi Weighs a Ton

Smoked one of these this Spring...bought as an obligatory "I'm smoking in your B&M so I will buy some cigars" purchase, but was pleasantly suprised. Not something I would smoke often at the price point, but a better smoke than the name suggested.

xFreebirdx 10-12-2012 04:20 PM

I love the 7x60's. :)

Just have to make sure to set aside enough time to smoke one. ;)

Remo 10-12-2012 04:27 PM

I really like the MUWAT :tu

poriggity 10-12-2012 04:31 PM

Nice review.. I guess I'm one of the only ones that thought it was pretty bland and boring, but that's the beauty of cigars :D

68TriShield 10-12-2012 05:11 PM

The couple I tried were good,not loved though.If they had a smaller cigar I might buy them occasionally.

Thanks for your thoughts.

N2 GOLD 10-12-2012 05:48 PM

Thanks for the review. I have been wanting to try ony but have yet to find a single stick at the shops.... :ss

Remo 10-12-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N2 GOLD (Post 1732221)
Thanks for the review. I have been wanting to try ony but have yet to find a single stick at the shops.... :ss

Oh really?

EricF 10-12-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N2 GOLD (Post 1732221)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remo_5_0 (Post 1732224)
Oh really?

Behave Mike!!!!! :D

Brlesq 10-12-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68TriShield (Post 1732209)
The couple I tried were good,not loved though.If they had a smaller cigar I might buy them occasionally.

Thanks for your thoughts.

They do make a smaller one. The MUWAT Bait Fish. 4"x44. Even better than the 60 ring size, IMHO.

kelmac07 10-12-2012 06:09 PM

And CI has an exclusive 52RG one as well Dave.

backyardcigar 10-12-2012 06:38 PM

5x50 is the smallest of the uzi's , the bait fish is more or less a different product from the main uzi line.

pnoon 10-12-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by backyardcigar (Post 1732249)
5x50 is the smallest of the uzi's , the bait fish is more or less a different product from the main uzi line.

Just a matter of semantics.
The way I look at it, MUWAT Bait Fish is part of the MUWAT line.

DaBear 10-12-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pnoon (Post 1732258)
Just a matter of semantics.
The way I look at it, MUWAT Bait Fish is part of the MUWAT line.

Same here. Just like the La Sirena A's are still a La Sirena despite a tweaked blend and different wrapper.

From my talks with those in the business(which are few and far between, so take my word with a grain of salt) most blends are tweaked slightly from size to size, and this is the same sort of deal. Where it is different is with the new +11s(the 5x52 MUWATs), where the blend had a fairly large overhaul.

:2

lenguamor 10-12-2012 08:50 PM

The Baitfish are different, although still MUWAT. Tasty.

the jiggler 10-12-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by backyardcigar (Post 1732249)

+11

:banger

markem 10-12-2012 10:02 PM

From http://blog.drewestate.com/index.php...n-spec-sheets/
Quote:

Below are spec sheets for a few of our new brands, My UZI Weighs A Ton, Liga Privada L40 & Undercrown. If you need any more information, please send us a message using the contact form provided.
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...98800077_n.jpg
(the spec sheet image is one I made tonight from their web page since linking directly to the pic wasn't feasible).

I'm guessing that since it is the spec sheet on the Drew Estate blog that the Bait Fish is not separate from the MUWAT line, but a planned portion thereof. Y'all can say what you want, but I'm going with the manufacturer on this one.

T.G 10-12-2012 11:14 PM

The Bait Fish was tweaked a bit fuller bodied than the rest of the line, but it's the same tobaccos. Saying it's part of a different line is like saying the Opus X Power Ranger is part of a different line because of it's stronger blend of the same tobaccos as the rest of the line.

Big Maduro 10-12-2012 11:15 PM

I love this cigar. It's in my top 5 for sure. Thanks for the review.

backyardcigar 10-12-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.G (Post 1732389)
The Bait Fish was tweaked a bit fuller bodied than the rest of the line, but it's the same tobaccos. Saying it's part of a different line is like saying the Opus X Power Ranger is part of a different line because of it's stronger blend of the same tobaccos as the rest of the line.

I'm not sure how old the spec sheet is, but i would assume the "bait fish" would just be labeled and displayed the same as the current 3 sizes.