Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Documentary project! (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=69142)

ambientboy 03-05-2015 11:13 AM

Documentary project!

B(&S)OTLs!

I wanted to share this here on CA, partly because it's why I've been a bit absent of late!

I'm working on a documentary short and a photo gallery exhibition highlighting the modern society of Israel and Jordan. Often we associate this region with either conflict or Bible stories and the fact that these ancient sites have modern cities involved is usually ignored. I'm shooting April 7-22!

www.modernholyland.com

Check out the demo vid and the info. Help me back it if you can, and forward it along to others as well, please!

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/...psy8dnnp5y.jpg

Simple1 03-05-2015 11:19 AM

Re: Documentary project!

Dan, I love your work. I'll be sure to share.

ambientboy 03-05-2015 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simple1 (Post 2021747)
Dan, I love your work. I'll be sure to share.

thanks!!

shilala 03-05-2015 12:42 PM

Outstanding video, Dan. I mean, seriously, outstanding.
I watch so many movies because I LOVE cinematography. Few people can express themselves in film. I sit through hours of crappy movies just to enjoy and experience the craft.
Strip away the sounds and there's exceptional beauty left in your work. That's a true gift.

ambientboy 03-05-2015 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shilala (Post 2021773)
Outstanding video, Dan. I mean, seriously, outstanding.
I watch so many movies because I LOVE cinematography. Few people can express themselves in film. I sit through hours of crappy movies just to enjoy and experience the craft.
Strip away the sounds and there's exceptional beauty left in your work. That's a true gift.

That means a lot! Thank you so much for your support. As artists, it can be difficult when we launch our own projects. Just because it means something to us, doesn't mean we can get our feeling across...it's like being out on a limb sometimes.

Dave128 03-05-2015 12:56 PM

Very nice work, Dan.

icehog3 03-05-2015 01:36 PM

Very cool, Dan! From someone who is not very creative, it is awesome to see things like this created by friends. :D

ambientboy 03-06-2015 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 2021785)
Very cool, Dan! From someone who is not very creative, it is awesome to see things like this created by friends. :D

Thanks! Sometimes it's a long tiring road, but I believe we should all give back what we can!

G G 03-06-2015 09:07 AM

I can only echo what others have said Dan, awesome.

jjirons69 03-06-2015 07:24 PM

Wow! Very well done, Dan!

MarkinAZ 03-06-2015 08:13 PM

Thoroughly enjoyed the teaser video and looking forwards to viewing your final product Dan. Excellent quality images.

What do you see as a total running time for the final production?

jonumberone 03-07-2015 06:11 AM

Very cool, Dan.

If I pledge enough for a producers credit, will you allow it to read: Produced by Jerkoff number one? :D

Good luck!

ambientboy 03-09-2015 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkinCA (Post 2022037)
Thoroughly enjoyed the teaser video and looking forwards to viewing your final product Dan. Excellent quality images.

What do you see as a total running time for the final production?

Right now, I'm expecting the runtime to push about 45minutes, but it won't exceed 75minutes.

The still gallery that will go with it is set to be 50 images total.

ambientboy 03-09-2015 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonumberone (Post 2022069)
Very cool, Dan.

If I pledge enough for a producers credit, will you allow it to read: Produced by Jerkoff number one? :D

Good luck!

I don't know...why don't you find out? :D

ambientboy 03-15-2015 04:39 PM

ONE WEEK LEFT of fundraising!!

I've got some backers lined up for mid week, but I still need about $2000 to reach the goal.

If anyone out there can help me out in any way, pledging, sharing the page, whatever possible it'll be a huge help. Thanks!!