Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Frozen Four (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=54575)

gvarsity 03-25-2012 10:46 PM

Frozen Four

Watched my Gopher hockey team avenge their loss in the final five to UND tonight and punch their ticket to the Frozen Four. Any other NCAA Hockey fans excited for the Frozen Four in Tampa. If I was single I would be buying a ticket to Florida.

Mattso3000 03-25-2012 10:47 PM

Re: Frozen Four

Go Gophers. Huge game today.

Bruins Fan 03-26-2012 04:10 AM

Go..BC :tu

Gophernut 03-26-2012 07:23 AM

It was a great weekend for the Gophers. They skated hard the entire game, unlike the previous weekend when they blew a 3 goal lead to the Sioux. They kept the foot on the gas and skated through the end of the 3rd period in both games.

Wanger 03-26-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruins Fan (Post 1600234)
Go..BC :tu

:tu

Gophernut 03-26-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wanger (Post 1600441)
:tu

Typical...:r

Wanger 03-26-2012 01:52 PM

Like you wouldn't do the same, too. :p

And, if you were treated by the local fans like I have been...LOL

Seriously, though...my "friends" on facebook HAD to let my wife and I know how things went. Plus, there was all the profanity and FU's (to my face) after the Final Five game. I believe in winning and losing with class, and don't rub it in when my team wins, nor blame this that or the other thing when they lose. Yesterday, the better team won taht day. They took bad penalties and looked slow, IMO. I know plenty of Sioux fans don't have class, either, but I haven't seen it as often as I have the other way. Sorry for the rant...it's just been annoying me.

Gophernut 03-26-2012 03:58 PM

You're right, I would have said go BC! I understand how it can be. I was treated like that a few years ago when I took my then 13yr old to a vikings detroit game in Detroit. He was wearing his #4 jersey and I had to get into the face of grown adults who were yelling at a 13 year old kid because of his jersey. I understand what you've experienced. I am much more tolerant as I was married to a Packer fan for 17 years.

Wanger 03-27-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gophernut (Post 1600683)
You're right, I would have said go BC! I understand how it can be. I was treated like that a few years ago when I took my then 13yr old to a vikings detroit game in Detroit. He was wearing his #4 jersey and I had to get into the face of grown adults who were yelling at a 13 year old kid because of his jersey. I understand what you've experienced. I am much more tolerant as I was married to a Packer fan for 17 years.

When will you get your sainthood? :p

Still...Go BC! Win 10-0. :p

Bruins Fan 04-06-2012 03:58 AM

BC advances :D

Wanger 04-06-2012 08:19 AM

I didn't watch a lot of last night's game, as I was watching the Wild. What I did watch, BC was a scary team. Took advantage of any little mistake MN made, and Milner was on fire last night. The response to the MN goal was a backbreaker. Honestly, I don't think my Sioux would have fared any better after seeing the way BC was playing. Wow! That being said, I'd love to see the new kid get a piece of the cake. It'd be a great story for Ferris St. to take it home. :)

Gophernut 04-06-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wanger (Post 1609524)
I didn't watch a lot of last night's game, as I was watching the Wild. What I did watch, BC was a scary team. Took advantage of any little mistake MN made, and Milner was on fire last night. The response to the MN goal was a backbreaker. Honestly, I don't think my Sioux would have fared any better after seeing the way BC was playing. Wow! That being said, I'd love to see the new kid get a piece of the cake. It'd be a great story for Ferris St. to take it home. :)

I think that is a perfect assessment of last night's game. BC was big, athletic, and very opportunistic. It seems like every mistake created a goal for BC. Parker has really put together something special.
Having said that, I do have to pull for the under(bull)dog. Although I would frankly be shocked if BC doesn't win by 3 or more goals.

357 04-06-2012 10:10 AM

Go Ferris State! My step-sis went there for a couple years. Small school on the west side of Michigan.

taltos 04-07-2012 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gophernut (Post 1609594)
I think that is a perfect assessment of last night's game. BC was big, athletic, and very opportunistic. It seems like every mistake created a goal for BC. Parker has really put together something special.
Having said that, I do have to pull for the under(bull)dog. Although I would frankly be shocked if BC doesn't win by 3 or more goals.

Just one minor correction to this post; Jack Parker is the coach of Boston University while Jerry York is the coach of Boston College. They have both installed and run amazing programs for a long time. It can get confusing when we have 2 schools with very similar names. Hope that Jerry gets another one tonight.:tu

Gophernut 04-07-2012 11:14 AM

Great point. I meant York. Thanks for the help!

taltos 04-07-2012 07:56 PM

Congrats to Boston College for their Hockey title tonight. One can only hope that this is the first of 2 hockey championships for Boston this year. I was very impressed with the Ferris State team. Excellent program that will only get better.:tu

BHalbrooks 04-09-2012 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 357 (Post 1609608)
Go Ferris State! My step-sis went there for a couple years. Small school on the west side of Michigan.

I feel bad for her.

The hockey players from Ferris are a bunch of douche bags. I used to live 25 minutes South of Ferris State.

DPD6030 04-09-2012 08:15 AM

Watched the final in the Frozen Four as I'm a Bulldog. Good game even though FSU lost.