Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   W.t.f. Ups!!! (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=15896)

md4958 05-22-2009 10:09 AM

W.t.f. Ups!!!

Why is it that EVERY time I get a package delivered by UPS the box is completely destroyed? I just got an one delivered and it looks like somebody played soccer with it and then kicked the damn thing off a 10 story building.

Seriously, WTF?!?!?! This is all this company does, deliver packages. Why they cant seem to get it down is beyond me.:confused:

Thankfully the items inside were well packaged and suffered no damage.

DPD6030 05-22-2009 10:14 AM

Re: W.t.f. Ups!!!

I have the same problems with them as well unless it's a heavy and huge package. I think they throw if from their trucks to the front door. Glad to hear the items survived the punishment.

md4958 05-22-2009 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DPD6030 (Post 393335)
I have the same problems with them as well unless it's a heavy and huge package. I think they throw if from their trucks to the front door. Glad to hear the items survived the punishment.

This was actually brought inside my shop by the driver. She says "it looks a little beat up, let us know if there was any damage"

my thoughts: EVERY package you deliver looks like this, im suprised you even noticed :mad:

rrplasencia 05-22-2009 10:23 AM

got on from famous yesterday that was soaked, luckily the sticks were okay, the catalog was a pile of mush. and it didn't even rain in Miami yesterday.

rizzle 05-22-2009 10:27 AM

They've been that way as long as I can remember. I know there has been a package delivered to my house when I hear this huge thump from the front porch. Dude just walks up to the porch and throws the box before he even gets to the top of the stairs.

They don't care, they're just waiting to get that last delivery of the day done.

Bruzee 05-22-2009 11:05 AM

UPS is the worst. My wife bought a Harley Davidson helmet from WI, and when it got to us in Cali it had some damage. There was a very large noticable ding in the paint of the helmet, and obviously from the shipping. UPS denied the claim and refused to replace the helmet. We are in negotiations with the dealer, but we shouldn't have to fight that fight. I will never use them unless I have no control, or no other choice. :mad:

DPD6030 05-22-2009 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruzee (Post 393416)
UPS is the worst. My wife bought a Harley Davidson helmet from WI, and when it got to us in Cali it had some damage. There was a very large noticable ding in the paint of the helmet, and obviously from the shipping. UPS denied the claim and refused to replace the helmet. We are in negotiations with the dealer, but we shouldn't have to fight that fight. I will never use them unless I have no control, or no other choice. :mad:

Dang, they say contact them if there is any damage and they deny the claim, WTF :c

ahc4353 05-22-2009 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by md4958 (Post 393322)
Why is it that EVERY time I get a package delivered by UPS the box is completely destroyed? I just got an one delivered and it looks like somebody played soccer with it and then kicked the damn thing off a 10 story building.

Seriously, WTF?!?!?! This is all this company does, deliver packages. Why they cant seem to get it down is beyond me.:confused:

Thankfully the items inside were well packaged and suffered no damage.

This is the biggest issue you face today?

Can I have your life? :D

Skywalker 05-22-2009 11:09 AM

Slow as %$#@ too!!!:mad:

md4958 05-22-2009 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahc4353 (Post 393425)
This is the biggest issue you face today?

D

Nope.

but is currently the grain of sand that is irritating my vagina at the moment.

goalie204 05-22-2009 11:35 AM

fed ex is merging with ups, new company is called Fed Up

^ joke

mrreindeer 05-22-2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by md4958 (Post 393444)
but is currently the grain of sand that is irritating my vagina at the moment.

uh.... :lv

:D

Dude, haven't you seen this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V64r3q4FuA

I say you shoulda known Moe!

taltos 05-22-2009 11:56 AM

Moe, little known fact but every distribution center keeps an asshat list of people who will be tortured with their package delivery. The unique thing with your distribution center is that the Massholes were polled to see who goes on the list and you and Al made the list. Al's name has been sent down to his distribution center. Sorry that the delivery sucked.:D

md4958 05-22-2009 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrreindeer (Post 393471)
uh.... :lv

:D

Dude, haven't you seen this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V64r3q4FuA

I say you shoulda known Moe!

Thats what the box looked like Dave, only in a bit worse shape!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by taltos (Post 393494)
Moe, little known fact but every distribution center keeps an asshat list of people who will be tortured with their package delivery. The unique thing with your distribution center is that the Massholes were polled to see who goes on the list and you and Al made the list. Al's name has been sent down to his distribution center. Sorry that the delivery sucked.:D

I'm honored to be considered an asshat among Massholes :r

lightning9191 05-22-2009 02:05 PM

I think this has been posted before, but it never gets old for me:

UPS Hail Mary

zmancbr 05-22-2009 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taltos (Post 393494)

Now thats funny right there... :r:r

Sorry your package got beat up Moe... they are pretty bad about stuff like that... maybe they only hire ex-soccer players! :D

Nabinger16 05-22-2009 02:19 PM

I guess I'm a lucky one because I have always had very good service from UPS. I've gotten to know both of the UPS drivers in my area. I have their personal cell numbers, and they often call me to figure out where I'm at if they have a package for me. Both of the drivers in my area have 20+ years with UPS, so I'm sure that has a bit to do with it. The fill in drivers have some issues though.

MithShrike 05-22-2009 03:36 PM

Pretty standard for UPS. A lot of times it has to do with improper packaging but yeah they must play hackie box with them or something.

For a real UPS rant check this out:

http://www.tfnn.net/forum/index.php?topic=6290.0

King James 05-22-2009 04:09 PM

I've never noticed a problem from UPS. Only thing I dislike is them coming later in the day because I'm impatient....other than that, never noticed a problem in my area

md4958 05-22-2009 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MithShrike (Post 393804)
Pretty standard for UPS. A lot of times it has to do with improper packaging but yeah they must play hackie box with them or something.

For a real UPS rant check this out:

http://www.tfnn.net/forum/index.php?topic=6290.0

:r:r:r

I love the title! And that guy uses the work Phuck in ways I never thought possible :r:r