Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Island (The other ones) Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   My Father #4 (Lancero) (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31243)

tomc3084 04-22-2010 06:07 AM

My Father #4 (Lancero)

This review is going to be short and sweet, with no pics...This cigar I got two days ago along with 7 more, at half price...This cigar opened up with saltiness and woodsiness. A little under an inch the saltiness subsided and some white pepper came through. The only change throughout was the increase in spice and pepper, but just barely. A very one-dimensional cigar, sad to say. For me it was worth the price though, being half off. Definately not worth MSRP, though, for those of you wondering...Sorry I just did not have much to report on this cigar, so did not feel it deserved pics...Thanks for reading, and thanks CA for letting others read my experience..

md4958 04-22-2010 06:25 AM

Re: My Father #4 (Lancero)

I have to say that I have had entirely different experiences with the MF Lancero... its actually my favorite My Father, and one of my favorite NC lancero.

Perhaps you grabbed a dud.

elderboy02 04-22-2010 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by md4958 (Post 835421)
I have to say that I have had entirely different experiences with the MF Lancero... its actually my favorite My Father, and one of my favorite NC lancero.

:tpd: 100%

roughrider 04-22-2010 07:17 PM

I really liked the one I smoked.

Smokin Gator 04-22-2010 07:21 PM

I have had several of these and have had mixed results. A few have been really good, albeit a bit one dimensional, and a few have been fair at best. YMMV!

joetownhound 04-22-2010 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokin Gator (Post 836458)
I have had several of these and have had mixed results. A few have been really good, albeit a bit one dimensional, and a few have been fair at best. YMMV!

Say it ain't so Brent. blasphemy! :r:r:r

Goldie 04-22-2010 11:16 PM

Nice quick review, just how I like 'em.

I've only had one my father, but I was really impressed with it. Come to think of it, I don't think I have ever had a Pepin stick that I haven't enjoyed.

rizzle 04-23-2010 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by md4958 (Post 835421)

Quote:

Originally Posted by elderboy02 (Post 835425)
:tpd: 100%

Quote:

Originally Posted by joetownhound (Post 836478)
Say it ain't so Brent. blasphemy! :r:r:r

I gotta go with you guys. And watch out, a bad review on this stick might make Dennis's head spin around a green stuff to come out of his mouth. Exorcist style.
:xxx

duckmanco 04-23-2010 03:07 PM

I had the robusto a while back and loved it, but NOT at any price north of 5.00 a pop. Since you got them, I'd set them aside for a while and give them ago again later. :2