Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Undercrown by Drew Estates (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=46932)

Blak Smyth 06-28-2011 06:07 AM

Undercrown by Drew Estates

Has anybody heard anything about the new Undercrown by Drew Estates?
Drew Estates will deput at the IPCPR tradeshow in July.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6027/...4a45614044.jpg

They say it will be available in the following sizes:
Corona Double 178mm x 54
Belicoso 152mm x 52
Gran Toro 152mm x 52
Gordito 152mm x 60
Robusto 127mm x 54

T.G 06-28-2011 06:57 AM

Re: Undercrown by Drew Estates

It is basically what Saka says - a slightly lighter body, creamier, Liga Privada.

Quite nice really.

BigAsh 06-28-2011 06:59 AM

I'll give it a shot when I see it....his "traditional" i.e. non-flavored sticks are usually quite nice....

maninblack 06-28-2011 07:04 AM

Never heard of it. Very intrigued.

T.G 06-28-2011 07:06 AM

From Saka:
Quote:

Originally Posted by ssaka
- Undercrown to be debuted at the IPCPR - initial delivery to retailer in Sept 2011.

- Undercrown is a blend that was developed by the Liga rollers for their own smoking pleasure because we had to ask them to cut back on smoking the LPs they were making - they were crushing us. The name represents this - if LP was made exclusively for the king/boss initially, this cigar was made initially for themselves, the princes, ie. Undercrown.

- Imo, it is just a touch stronger than Medium bodied with a great natural tobacco sweetness and earthy flavor. Very creamy core and sexy smooth - like all LP's** it is very balanced - this cigar probably won't satisfy some of the pepper junkies.

[Disclaimer: this of course is my personal opinion of the smoke - you will have to decide for yourself... some folks will say it is too strong, others will say it is mild, one guy will say it tastes like bing cherries and pencil lead, and on and on and on - lol]

- Made with many of the same tobaccos as other LPs, but utilizes different primings, crops from different sections of the same fields, different ages etc... or change-ups - for example the binder is our exclusive T52 stalk cut habano.

- Prices are NOT set on the brand yet, because we price all of our cigars based one what they cost to produce and it takes us a few months of true production to know for sure what the indexes and run rates will be - I am going to Nica next week to do a final review - we expect the prices to range between $7 - $9...

BUT I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO BE COMPLETELY WRONG ABOUT THIS!!!

- LP-grade pairs are rolling these.

- Initial launch will be in the same 4 sizes as LP + the 6 x 60 parejo Gordito. Complain to JD about it, he wanted it, he is on a 60RG rampage... <snicker> Look when I first wanted to do Dirty Rat JD was not really on board because he always preferred larger cigars, but he let us run with it and fell in love with it. I in turn, am not a 60rg guy, but I gotta admit I am impressed with the MUWAT he did over at JDN. I do not think you have to choose between doing all big or all small.

- If the brand proves to be popular with smokers of course we will add sizes... I already have been smoking a 5 5/8 x 46 version. But launching with the most popular sizes is what makes sense... tell you what I will make up some more of the Corona Gorda UC to share cause you ain't gettiing mine. Lets plan a BOTL herf somewhere this Fall an I will show up with these to share...

- It will not be limited to LP accounts only - this is a more sustainable blend so in the long run is will have better availability - hoorah!

<...snip...>

BR,

Steve Saka
Prez, Drew Estate

[Added to my original post: ** I meant stock LPs, I don't consider the Unico Dirty Rat to be "very balanced", it is exceptional imo, but not very balanced... same is true of the MF-13 and the Feral Flying Pig blends - they are too strong imo to be labelled as "very balanced." Of course, this is again, as always IMO...]

Blak Smyth 06-28-2011 07:14 AM

Thanks for the info T.G!

T.G 06-28-2011 07:21 AM

Welcome. If you like the Liga Privada line, you'll probably like this cigar. It's like a creamy, slightly lighter bodied T52.

AFSFK 06-28-2011 07:24 AM

i want this cigar now. Time for patience to kick in

hscmit 06-28-2011 07:58 AM

sounds good

thanks for the info adam

neoflex 06-28-2011 08:10 AM

I believe a couple were sent to bloggers for review but it turned out they were actually sent the wrong stick. I love whats been coming out of the DE factory (Non-Flavored of course) with the T-52 being one of my favorites wight now. I'm looking forward to the MF13 too.

Sherlockholms 06-28-2011 08:12 AM

Thanks for the heads up, it sounds tasty!

T.G 06-28-2011 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neoflex (Post 1315057)
I believe a couple were sent to bloggers for review but it turned out they were actually sent the wrong stick. I love whats been coming out of the DE factory (Non-Flavored of course) with the T-52 being one of my favorites wight now. I'm looking forward to the MF13 too.

There have been some communications mixups, but if it was an Undercrown F they smoked, it was in fact, the final, release blend.

N2 GOLD 06-28-2011 10:36 AM

Looks & sounds real nice... -(P

BTcigars 06-28-2011 12:39 PM

Thanks for the info Adam. I wonder what they are going to do with the JD4, kind of went off the radar.

Remo 06-28-2011 12:44 PM

Looks awesome!!! :dr

neoflex 06-28-2011 01:00 PM

I'm real excited to see some of the stuff to come out of the DE factory this year.

Bill86 06-28-2011 01:20 PM

ARG I want to try one of these but Robusto 54 RG REALLY? Come on......Gordito 60 RG....:confused:

I guess I'll have to go Belicoso with this one, and how much I hate not punching cigars :bh

emopunker2004 06-28-2011 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill86 (Post 1315422)
ARG I want to try one of these but Robusto 54 RG REALLY? Come on......Gordito 60 RG....:confused:

I guess I'll have to go Belicoso with this one, and how much I hate not punching cigars :bh

y not Gran Toro?

Bill86 06-28-2011 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emopunker2004 (Post 1315430)
y not Gran Toro?

Eh 52 RG is a bit much, I'll cut the Belicoso around 46-48 RG

big a 06-28-2011 04:27 PM

I'm in that stick sounds great. I'm loving the LP line right now.