Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Junior Seau Found Dead (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=55421)

yourchoice 05-02-2012 01:31 PM

Junior Seau Found Dead

It's been reported that Junior Seau, former Charger great, was found dead in his home from an apparent suicide. My prayers go out to his family...

LINK

357 05-02-2012 01:33 PM

Re: Junior Seau Found Dead

Unreal. Very sad.

MikeyC 05-02-2012 01:48 PM

I had read this earlier. I remember he tried to kill himself another time by driving his truck off a cliff or something like that. Very sad. I always wished we could have won him a ring while he was here in New England.

Blak Smyth 05-02-2012 01:51 PM

Wow that is a shocker, hope the best for his family.

mosesbotbol 05-02-2012 01:51 PM

Yup, very sad indeed. Studies are showing that multiple concussions lead to a much higher risk of suicide. Great player and well respected in New England. RIP

Remo 05-02-2012 02:04 PM

Too bad, guy was a stud linebacker.

E.J. 05-02-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol (Post 1629779)
Yup, very sad indeed. Studies are showing that multiple concussions lead to a much higher risk of suicide. Great player and well respected in New England. RIP

Apparently the gunshot is in the chest, much like Dave Duerson. Dave "reportedly" did this so they could study his brain and the possibly effects from his years in the NFL....wonder if Mr. Seau was thinking the same thing.

Sad day, Seau was a monster on the field and I was big fan, dating back to his USC days....

OLS 05-02-2012 02:10 PM

I wonder if these kinds of deals are just the PAIN and whatever the brain might also be doing?
I know Seau played too long, he was always touted on MNF as unbelievably still going strong, etc.
Not sure if he played too long for the money, the love of the game, or what. But I know getting out
of bed is no fun after that length of time in the hitting business.

kelmac07 05-02-2012 02:15 PM

Very tragic. Prayers to his family.

cobra03 05-02-2012 02:23 PM

Very sad. He was one of my favorite players when i was grwoing up .

Pseudosacred 05-02-2012 02:26 PM

I have a Seau jersey in my closet from when I was 10. Great guy, it seemed. Tragic loss...

saigon68 05-02-2012 02:27 PM

Apparently he shot himself in the chest so that an autopsy could be performed, perhaps identifying the underlying cause of his suicide. God help him and his family. The ones left behind are saddled with the guilt, pain and helplessness.

massphatness 05-02-2012 02:30 PM

Prayers for the family -- I cannot even begin to imagine how much pain it would take for me to consider suicide. It's a sad, sad situation.

shilala 05-02-2012 02:46 PM

What an awful story. Take time to read the link, guys.
Normally I consider suicide a hugely selfish act. Depression is part of the CTE that he likely suffered from. Add all the other symptoms and he probably didn't have a clue what he was doing or why. If only his doctors and family could have helped him. In this case, he chose suicide but did it in a fashion so the post-mortem would help others.
I truly feel sad for him. He was a good man, and his Seau foundation helped so many kids. I hope his legacy will live on.

icehog3 05-02-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E.J. (Post 1629786)
Apparently the gunshot is in the chest, much like Dave Duerson. Dave "reportedly" did this so they could study his brain and the possibly effects from his years in the NFL....wonder if Mr. Seau was thinking the same thing.

My first thoughts exactly.

R.I.P., Mr. Seau.

Bruzee 05-02-2012 07:55 PM

So sad to hear this today. He was a fantastic football player and great man.

Hem 05-02-2012 08:05 PM

Very sad...I pray that something good comes from his death..hopefully it won't be in vain.

hotreds 05-02-2012 08:12 PM

Tragic.

chachee52 05-02-2012 09:03 PM

Even as a kid I always followed his career, even though I'm a Pats guy. When I heard about this today, I really had to sit down and let it sink in. I always looked at him as a great person and player. He always portrayed himself well, a great role model in my eyes. He will be missed by so many.

MurphysLaw 05-02-2012 09:45 PM

Bummed to hear this, really enjoyed watching him play for the Fins