Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Island (The other ones) Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Oliva Serie G Maduro (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3619)

darkninja67 12-16-2009 05:09 PM

Re: Oliva Serie G Maduro

Nice review. I have a box of the Oliva G Maduro belicosos coming soon. I cannot wait to try them as I love the Special G

longknocker 12-16-2009 05:18 PM

I've Found Out From Scott (Shilala) That These are Absolutely Fantastic After A Year Of Rest!:tu

Chris. 12-16-2009 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longknocker (Post 683419)
I've Found Out From Scott (Shilala) That These are Absolutely Fantastic After A Year Of Rest!:tu

nice!

McSmokey 12-16-2009 05:43 PM

Great Review got one of these in the humi I need to light up

Chris. 12-16-2009 05:48 PM

I can't believe this was brought back from over a year ago! I havent had one of these since this one. I was given a Special G recently. I'll probably light it up soon to revisit this cigar. By my flavor description, I definitely need to smoke more of these! My tastes have changed quite a bit since then. I had only been smoking for about two months at that point!

OHRD 12-17-2009 07:18 AM

Very, very well done!!!! The size on that G looks awesome. I've been hearing some folks complain on Twitter lately about quality control on Oliva's, especially the G's, but I haven't experienced it...

Thanks for sharing.

dccraft 12-18-2009 04:59 AM

Had another one of these last night in the garage in front of the heater....the smoke more than made up for conditions :r

Savor the Stick 12-18-2009 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris. (Post 683450)
I can't believe this was brought back from over a year ago! I havent had one of these since this one. I was given a Special G recently. I'll probably light it up soon to revisit this cigar. By my flavor description, I definitely need to smoke more of these! My tastes have changed quite a bit since then. I had only been smoking for about two months at that point!

Hey ya Chris!

I love going to B&M's But very rarely is anything dry enough to smoke right away.

I split a box of the Oliva G special G's with Gary(Cort) and I was sorry when the last one was gone---they only get better with a little age on them.

Thanks for the review!:tu

Chris. 12-18-2009 12:49 PM

how you been Kevin?

Savor the Stick 12-18-2009 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris. (Post 685530)
how you been Kevin?

Good my friend; I'm getting there. Much better then before the surgery, thanks for asking.

How is SC treating ya? You doing well? Have a great Christmas season!

ade06 12-18-2009 02:41 PM

Had one last night and I enjoyed it very much!

Chris. 12-18-2009 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savor the Stick (Post 685618)
Good my friend; I'm getting there. Much better then before the surgery, thanks for asking.

How is SC treating ya? You doing well? Have a great Christmas season!

Glad to hear it brother! SC has been great, although, this cold weather is killing me! LOL. I hope you have a great Christmas as well!:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by ade06 (Post 685631)
Had one last night and I enjoyed it very much!

Glad to hear it! I'm gonna tackle this Special G Maduro soon!

tobii3 12-18-2009 04:26 PM

These should be a requirement for ANY humidor (or coolidor)!!!!!

jechelman 12-18-2009 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67 (Post 683412)
Nice review. I have a box of the Oliva G Maduro belicosos coming soon. I cannot wait to try them as I love the Special G

I think you will really enjoy those Belicosos. I just finished one from '07 and it was outstanding, maybe somewhat one dimensional but a very enjoyable dimension. As I recall they were excellent when young and have aged well. Enjoy!

secretsquirrel 12-19-2009 08:08 AM

The shape of that smoke is cool. I almost pic one up but i didnt now im regreting not getting it. Thanks for the Review and good pics

roughrider 12-19-2009 02:13 PM

I've always found the G to be a solid cigar for the money.

Mpython24 04-08-2010 08:23 AM

Smoked a G last night. It was my last shot at giving Oliva a shot since i just have had bad experiences with the few that i smoked before. I did enjoy it for sure. Mine started off a little more sweet than spicy. A little on the medium/mild side for me but it was good. I also ran into the tunneling thing too.

Great pics on here friend!

shilala 04-08-2010 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longknocker (Post 683419)

I'm never without two boxes of Special G Maduros. I just had one yesterday, they're an excellent little smoke.
I have never had a fresh Oliva product that's fit to smoke. They're always incredibly wet and barnyard nasty. I sit them back for 8 moths to get them down to around 63% and they turn into stellar smokes.
It's always made me wonder why Oliva doesn't take care to let their smokes sit a bit. It has to be killing them.
If it had never been suggested that I set these back and let them tame down, I'd have written Oliva off a long time ago as total crap, because that's what their rott smokes are. Crap or worse, actually.
With a little care, they are fabulous.
Drying them out takes care of all the burn issues, too. :tu