Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Coffee Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Slippety, slip... (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=51132)

Chainsaw13 11-18-2011 11:36 PM

Slippety, slip...

Just what i need, another hobby. :D

Just placed an order with Amazon for a Bodum Grinder and Bialetti Mukka Express pot. I just couldn't pull the trigger on a Rocky. I need to make sure I'll stick with this before committing that much money.

Should arrive next week, which is good since I'm out of town for a few more days. There's a couple local roasters I'm going to give a try, plus looking at a few of the online sources listed in this forum.

And down the slide we go. Weeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

MarkinAZ 11-20-2011 06:29 PM

Re: Slippety, slip...

Congratulations Bob! After reading Moo's thread for the third time regarding Moka Pots, I've decided to purchase either the 1 cup or 3 cup Bialetti Moka Express in December. Looking forward to a new adventure in coffee:tu

Chainsaw13 11-20-2011 07:36 PM

I was debating which pot to get, leaning towards the 3 cup. But then I saw the Mukka which can also make cappuccino/latte without having to buy a separate device for the milk. That was what sold me.
Posted via Mobile Device

MarkinAZ 11-20-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 (Post 1480429)
I was debating which pot to get, leaning towards the 3 cup. But then I saw the Mukka which can also make cappuccino/latte without having to buy a separate device for the milk. That was what sold me. Posted via Mobile Device

...:tu

Chainsaw13 11-29-2011 05:31 PM

Enjoying my first cup from the Mukka. Got to use my new Bodum grinder to grind up some Great lakes Coffee Triple Threat. Excellent cappuccino. I'm completely sold. Next time though I won't grind up so much. Used as much as I'd use for a two cup French press, which was about twice as much as I needed.

Mister Moo, the half & half worked great. Frothed up nicely.

Taki 11-29-2011 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 (Post 1479163)
Just what i need, another hobby. :D

Just placed an order with Amazon for a Bodum Grinder and Bialetti Mukka Express pot. I just couldn't pull the trigger on a Rocky. I need to make sure I'll stick with this before committing that much money.

Should arrive next week, which is good since I'm out of town for a few more days. There's a couple local roasters I'm going to give a try, plus looking at a few of the online sources listed in this forum.

And down the slide we go. Weeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

:r:r:r. Haven't got into this yet but I've been thinking about it....

Chainsaw13 11-29-2011 06:12 PM

Definitely look at a Moka pot Taki. Cheap way to get into it and still get excellent results. Just using fresh ground, good beans makes a world of difference.

HollywoodQue 11-30-2011 04:06 AM

Ok Bob, I'll bite....another new hobbie...wtf....still waiting for you to come by and herf....and bring some more Mac's Apple Pie Shine...everyone is asking for more since last year...