Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Tea Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=119)
-   -   Iced Tea (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=75837)

Snook 05-20-2020 09:57 PM

Iced Tea

As much as I love coffee, summertime calls for some good ol' iced tea for relief from the outdoor heat. And it pairs just as well with cigars, IMHO. My go-to is usually a batch of Luzianne sweetened with some agave nectar. I also enjoy iced green tea using Tiesta tea varieties. Anyone else drink iced tea? What are your favorites?

The Poet 05-21-2020 05:11 AM

Re: Iced Tea

As your typical Southern boy, I have consumed a tanker truck of "sweet tea" in my life. Yet I cannot recall ever pairing this with a cigar. Maybe I should give it a shot.

hammondc 05-21-2020 07:11 AM

It's great with a cigar. Usually whatever is on sale. 4 bags brew a gallon. 1 cup of cane sugar.

I do not drink it much anymore though. Typically only if I make it for other folks.

jledou 05-21-2020 08:00 AM

I like a good glass of iced tea on a hot day. I addition to a traditional tea I also like Celestial Seasoning peach and raspberry teas. Throw a bad under ice in a 30oz tumbler and refill all day long.

Snook 05-21-2020 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jledou (Post 2199475)
Throw a bad under ice in a 30oz tumbler and refill all day long.

Genius. I have to try this on days when I’m on the road for work.

icehog3 05-21-2020 09:25 AM

I pair cigars with iced tea when I hit the local B&M, as they no longer allow alcohol in. (Ok, they haven't allowed US in since mid March, but that's another story). Unfortunately, it's usually just commercial crap like Arizona or Pure Leaf.

Havanaaddict 05-21-2020 11:31 AM

I have been drinking Iced Tea with my cigars for many years:) During the day I drink Chick Fil a unsweet tea (diabetic):( but I use the pink stuff! At night I drink good old Lipton decaf tea, I make a pitcher every few days with a ice tea maker!!!

Wharf Rat 05-21-2020 01:25 PM

I drink iced tea (unsweet tea, for Southerners) all day. I use good loose leaf Ceylon tea. Depending on the weather, I may heat some water in the microwave or put it in the sun. And, I add lemon or, even better, Meyer lemon.

AdamJoshua 05-21-2020 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Havanaaddict (Post 2199496)
I have been drinking Iced Tea with my cigars for many years:) During the day I drink Chick Fil a unsweet tea (diabetic):( but I use the pink stuff! At night I drink good old Lipton decaf tea, I make a pitcher every few days with a ice tea maker!!!

Tell that to the 30 waffles you seem to eat a week :sl

I drink water or ice tea, that's it since I've started keto and I've always had water at herfs and at the S.H.I.T. herfs I would either bring a couple bottles of unsweet tea with me or the host would have some waiting for me.

NCRadioMan 05-21-2020 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Poet (Post 2199464)
As your typical Southern boy, I have consumed a tanker truck of "sweet tea" in my life.

Same. I'm a fan with cigars, however, I prefer the bitterness of unsweet tea, :dr

Ashcan Bill 05-21-2020 04:22 PM

Oh yeah, coffee in the morning and iced tea in the afternoon has been my SOP for a long time. Personally I like Tejava unsweetened black tea. I pick it up at Costco by the case. I find either coffee or tea pairs well for me with a cigar.

Havanaaddict 05-21-2020 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamJoshua (Post 2199505)
Tell that to the 30 waffles you seem to eat a week :sl

:r I do use SF syrup (incase you want to know the best SF Syrup it's Mrs. Butterworth Sugar Free Syrup) I have tried just about every brand and most are thin and have a bad after taste. O by the way I lost a pound this week on my waffles, scones and Chick Fil a diet! :r

CigarNut 05-22-2020 08:09 AM

I found your pound. and maybe more. Let me know if you want it back i will gladly return it :rolleyes:

Havanaaddict 05-22-2020 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CigarNut (Post 2199536)
I found your pound. and maybe more. Let me know if you want it back i will gladly return it :rolleyes:

I am good but thank you, I know you are a giver:tu

4WheelVFR 05-22-2020 06:47 PM

Barry's Irish Tea is my favorite. It can be hard to find locally, but it's really easy to order from their website, and inexpensive too. My other favorite bagged tea is Lipton Red Label....it's got some foreign writing on the box and can be hard to find.

Snook 06-20-2020 10:20 AM

I made a pitcher of lean green machine from Tiesta. We used the French press for the loose leaf. Looking forward to a refreshing drink and light smoke this afternoon.

Brian D. 06-20-2020 10:52 AM

I like the Arizona Arnold Palmer Zero calorie or Lite, partly because I'm cheap and it's on sale a lot. My non alcohol go to at Shack. I bring extra to share, since that is the way of herfs, and people help me drink it. :)

Okay, I mean other folks must enjoy the stuff, not that at any point I become incapable of lifting the cans to my mouth.

DominicChaffin 09-02-2020 07:53 AM

Pentru a juca kissmysister, trebuie doar să vă conectați de pe orice dispozitiv și să vă înregistrați. Înregistrarea vă va dura mai puțin de un minut, iar plăcerea va dura mult mai mult după meci

RevSmoke 09-02-2020 07:58 PM

We do all sorts of bulk teas, hot and cold. But iced tea is usually unsweetened or only lightly sweetened with local honey from one of my members. Green, white, black, or any of the three with fruit flavoring of some sort.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

jledou 09-03-2020 05:56 AM

I did take up Ray's suggestion and try the Barry's Irish Tea. Didn't disappoint at all. I have been drinking it regularly all summer.