Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Strongest cigar you've ever smoked? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=64526)

Dude Here 12-11-2013 09:34 PM

Strongest cigar you've ever smoked?

Let me preface this thread by saying yes, I know "strength" in a cigar is a subjective thing. A cigar that one person finds unbearable may have little to no effect on another. For example, I smoke LFD double Ligero maddies and don't even bat an eye. A buddy of mine, who was a seasoned cigar smoker, had one and lost his dinner half-way through. So, with that said, what's the most potent stogie you've ever had?

Mine was actually a Camacho Machito. Yes, the little cigarillo in a tin. A few years ago an old B&M that I used to frequent was giving them out with purchases over X amount of dollars. I got a tin and let it sit for a bit. Finally lit one up while mowing the lawn and good Lord, it kicked my ass! I'm talking to the point where I had to sit down for a bit. Originally I thought that maybe I had just been overdoing it that day. I remember it was pretty hot that day and I had a good sweat going pushing my POS mower around. Surely that had to be it, right?

Well, a few weeks later I lit up another while walking the dog around the block and it was the same result. Head was spinning, throat was super dry and I had to toss it around the half-way mark. Haven't touched one since, though they are still in my humi.......mocking me.

So fellow inmates, what has been your most potent cigar?

Whipper Snapper 12-11-2013 09:38 PM

Re: Strongest cigar you've ever smoked?

LFD double ligero natural oscuro wrapped in terms of nicotine strength.

Concentrated flavor strength (I don't mean scrape your tongue with an ashtray type thing).
-Dunhill selection monte number 2 from the late 70's I believe. YOWZA!

Adriftpanda 12-11-2013 09:49 PM

Pepin blue for me, or maybe opus x petite lancero. Both cigars knocked me on my ass, literally.

big pete 12-11-2013 09:51 PM

My Father Le Bijou toro. I'll never forget that smoke because it kicked my ass when I started to get into cigars. Felt sick for half a day...

Dude Here 12-11-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adriftpanda (Post 1908596)
Pepin blue for me, or maybe opus x petite lancero. Both cigars knocked me on my ass, literally.

I remember my first Pepin Blue caught me off guard with the amount of pepper it unleashed right off the bat. Still a tasty smoke though.

The Poet 12-11-2013 10:11 PM

A Joya de Nicaraqua. Somebody gave me one about 10-15 years ago, and I've been afraid to try one since. :r

Remo 12-11-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Poet (Post 1908601)
A Joya de Nicaraqua. Somebody gave me one about 10-15 years ago, and I've been afraid to try one since. :r

This!!!

JdN Antano, @ss kicker!!

Weelok 12-11-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remo (Post 1908603)
This!!!

JdN Antano, @ss kicker!!

Ditto. This cigar is nuts but also tasty. Nicotine sneaks up on you and suddenly your green.

T.G 12-11-2013 10:38 PM

I lunged a Macanudo once.

ONCE.

Remo 12-11-2013 10:49 PM

Camacho Coyolar is pretty potent also

yourchoice 12-11-2013 10:51 PM

Litto Gomez Diez. A couple years ago I lit one while watching the lead up to the Kentucky Derby. I remember the cigar, but the race?... Not so much.

icehog3 12-12-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Poet (Post 1908601)

Quote:

This!!!

JdN Antano, @ss kicker!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weelok (Post 1908607)
Ditto. This cigar is nuts but also tasty. Nicotine sneaks up on you and suddenly your green.

Yup....The Celebracion kicked my azz too. :r

CamoFlogged 12-12-2013 12:16 AM

Quote:

This!!!

JdN Antano, @ss kicker!!

Yep, was eating sugar, cheese, orange juice, etc as I tapped this on an empty stomach. It wasn't kind to me. Was young in cigar smoking years but still remember.

Or maybe it was the Jack Daniels. In either case, one of them messed with my world.

Robulous78 12-12-2013 02:35 AM

IDK if this will get me made fun of or not but here it goes...

Personally, to date, I think one of the stronger if not the strongest cigars in terms of flavor I have had would be a Cain F Lancero... I retrohale my gars more than most and every time I spark one up the first few draws that escape my nostrils send a tingle through my nasal cavity that will certainly wake you up... I enjoy them quite a bit, I just know not to have one without being prepared... :lr

stearns 12-12-2013 07:11 AM

A few that stick out in my mind as times where I was struggling after amoking include T110, god of fire, and greycliff double espresso (that last one was mid day without eating yet, but it really put a hurt on me :r)

CigarSquid 12-12-2013 07:21 AM

Only 1 has got me to turn green and spew. I am still deathly afraid of it to this day. The 601 La Bomba Napalm. I think I have one left in the cooler.. That just may turn out to be the oldest cigar in my cooler...

drjammer 12-12-2013 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 1908625)
Yup....The Celebracion kicked my azz too. :r

Don't forget the dark corojo either :banger :gary

CoffeeWaterBeer 12-12-2013 07:38 AM

I got blindsided by an Illusione (epernay I think it was). Wasn't expecting the strength it packed. I remember it as having the most plume I'd ever seen on a stick in person. I saw the smallish size and light wrapper and completely underestimated it.

TJarv 12-12-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.G (Post 1908609)
I lunged a Macanudo once.

ONCE.

I did the same thing with a My Father ONCE

Dude Here 12-12-2013 08:20 AM

I inhaled the first cigar I ever smoked, an Opus X.

Don't recommend doing that.