Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   It's happend (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7839)

DrDubzz 01-11-2009 05:04 PM

It's happend

you know... over there... at that place

dunng 01-11-2009 05:06 PM

Re: It's happening

First time I checked that site in quite a bit... :ss

DrDubzz 01-11-2009 05:07 PM

I pop in regularly for the pipe forum...

Cigargal 01-11-2009 05:08 PM

wonder how long it will take....

schnell987 01-11-2009 05:09 PM

It all begins tomorrow morning at 9:00 am. But we're safe here. :D

G G 01-11-2009 05:09 PM

Down temporarily while blah blah.

Blueface 01-11-2009 05:09 PM

It has been happening for a while now.

Lets all sing together.

Puff, the magic dragon, lived by the sea.....................

DrDubzz 01-11-2009 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schnell987 (Post 162991)
It all begins tomorrow morning at 9:00 am. But we're safe here. :D

I saw your location, and thought it was your post count.

I about shat myself

Yazzie 01-11-2009 05:10 PM

Rip :ss

cricky101 01-11-2009 05:12 PM

I'm listening to the "puffcast" with Dave right now. Weird.

elderboy02 01-11-2009 05:22 PM

I am so glad we have this place. Thanks team of 11!

BamBam 01-11-2009 05:26 PM

It's like watching the last little bit of Titanic go beneath the water line

Blueface 01-11-2009 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BamBam (Post 163018)
It's like watching the last little bit of Titanic go beneath the water line

Same sense I got.
It is like the home you grew up in being torn down to make room for a mall.

14holestogie 01-11-2009 05:29 PM

100 days, almost. A pretty good run. A moment of silence, if you please.;)

MikeyC 01-11-2009 05:30 PM

To be totally honest, I like CA better than CS even pre-Jon Caputo. I have almost as many posts here in just a few months as I did in over a year on CS.

chippewastud79 01-11-2009 05:30 PM

And so they ride off into the sunset, never to be seen again. A sad, sad day.

I am sure Jon will be making up SN's and posting "Hi, New guy from ......" Threads for quite some time. :hn

chippewastud79 01-11-2009 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeyC (Post 163026)
To be totally honest, I like CA better than CS even pre-Jon Caputo. I have almost as many posts here in just a few months as I did in over a year on CS.

Thats called post whoring. Also see: Elderboy02 :D

BamBam 01-11-2009 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueface (Post 163023)
Same sense I got.
It is like the home you grew up in being torn down to make room for a mall.

Couldn't have put it better :tu

RIP Lowland Louie.....1997 - 2009

I also would like to thank the 11 for creating a home for us Refugee'd Gorillas :salute:

G G 01-11-2009 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeyC (Post 163026)

Me too Mikey, me too.

Yazzie 01-11-2009 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chippewastud79 (Post 163030)
Thats called post whoring. :D

What is this "Post Whoring" you refer to :ss

Ace$nyper 01-11-2009 05:41 PM

Feels ironic seeing this again, stuff like this just happened with the other forum site I'm on.

It was a lot uglier and just ... real nasty all over, still not done though.

All breaks down members make a site. Not that I ever had problems on the other site, this site has a lot warmer feel, as I'm getting to know everyone more I feel more welcome and equal here :).

Yazzie 01-11-2009 05:47 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but if this is just getting off the ground, what is with this claim.... Quote from the website of puff.com

"We are the largest online cigar network on the internet with over 50,000 unique visitors per day (Google Analytics)."

G G 01-11-2009 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yazzie (Post 163047)

Yeah none of us Massholes know nothing about that, adopted, honorary or otherwise.:r

G G 01-11-2009 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yazzie (Post 163060)
Correct me if I'm wrong but if this is just getting off the ground, what is with this claim.... Quote from the website of puff.com

"We are the largest online cigar network on the internet with over 50,000 unique visitors per day (Google Analytics)."

Fluff for Puff, my man.:D

Tenor CS 01-11-2009 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chippewastud79 (Post 163027)
I am sure Jon will be making up SN's and posting "Hi, New guy from ......" Threads for quite some time. :hn

That would explain all of the "Hey, it's almost my birthday, let me post a countdown" and "Boo hoo, I'm only 18, and CI says I need to be 21 to order" posts. I was so darn sick of those! I thought cigars were for grown-ups, which in my mind, is not just a number, but also a mindset. If your post contains the phrase, "My mom won't let me [fill in the blank]" maybe you should wait a while before you pursue this great hobby.

RIP, Club Stogie. It was there that I met all of the people that I got to meet in person at the Epic Ybor Herf, as well as the Florida guys that I have herfed with in person, and the Tulip Twins, who I hope to meet in person soon.

I remember, ChasDen gave me my first bomb, and my trades with Savor the Stick, gnukfu, and Alley00p. And Bao kicked my a$$ thoroughly too!

chippewastud79 01-11-2009 06:03 PM

"Like the perfect cigar, the smoker’s lifestyle is a rich and well-blended mixture of the all the finest ingredients. At Puff Lifestyle, we discuss the finer things in life: the most luxurious hotels, the finest wines, 5-star dining, the hottest wheels, insane watches, really cool lighters, hand carved cedar humidors, and of course – the best cigars. Come, live the life of a true cigar connoisseur. Puff Lifestyle – the sky is the limit."

Sounds like an online version of Mr. Marvin Shanken

groogs 01-11-2009 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elderboy02 (Post 163014)
I am so glad we have this place. Thanks team of 11!

:tpd: Thank God the Team of 11 gave us a new home.

DrDubzz 01-11-2009 06:08 PM

Inhale Life everyone!

lightning9191 01-11-2009 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by groogs (Post 163087)

A huge thanx....after checking out the "Puff Lifestyle" ("the most luxurious hotels, the finest wines, 5-star dining, the hottest wheels, insane watches, really cool lighters, hand carved cedar humidors, and of course – the best cigars.") I don't think I'll fit in as a grad student with my sweet Tercel and Timex watch (I still think they are hot and insane).

MikeyC 01-11-2009 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yazzie (Post 163047)

I too am curious. Please tell me more . . .

elderboy02 01-11-2009 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chippewastud79 (Post 163030)
Thats called post whoring. Also see: Elderboy02 :D

:r Thats Mr. Postwhore

awsmith4 01-11-2009 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeyC (Post 163104)
I too am curious. Please tell me more . . .

A few of us had a discussion on this topic recently while herfing on Skype and determined that since 'whoring' implied getting paid, we are more accurately post sluts.

mrreindeer 01-11-2009 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RX2010 (Post 163094)
Inhale Life everyone!

Now that was funny! :r:r

Fellers, I haven't been around as long as a lot of you guys and I certainly appreciate your frustration with all that happened. But I just think it's a bit presumptuous to think that the things we appreciated at the original CS are now gone forever and maybe even a little sad that you've completely written off the place and are looking forward to its demise. I think it makes complete sense to be concerned when your 'home' is (I wouldn't say taken away from you but) 'changed' but that's just my :2 and well, what do I know. I've been anxious though, like you guys, to see the change. It'll be an interesting week! Oh, and don't get me wrong, I love CA and all that the Amazing 11 have done to create this great place.

MikeyC 01-11-2009 06:34 PM

I feel like the "Pimp Stick" is going to be the #1 cigar on Puff.com. Based on what I'm seeing so far, I have no desire to be a part of that site any longer. The spirit and feel of CS definitely faded when everyone left, but the PUff.com "feel" so far seems totally different.

Quote:

Originally Posted by awsmith4 (Post 163110)
A few of us had a discussion on this topic recently while herfing on Skype and determined that since 'whoring' implied getting paid, we are more accurately post sluts.

I prefer to think of myself as a post-stud. :cb

hotreds 01-11-2009 06:35 PM

Bottom line: CS was my first "cigar" home, and as such, I'll miss it, and am saddened by its demise. Like most here(all?!) I am very thankful that the team of 11 decided to keep the spirit of CS continuing here at CA. Thanks guys! The king is dead, long live the king!

mrreindeer 01-11-2009 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeyC (Post 163121)
I prefer to think of myself as a post-stud. :cb

:r:r I like it.

Da Klugs 01-11-2009 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by groogs (Post 163087)

We just set-up an alternative software environment. Y'all made it a/your/our home. Sad day the end of CS. For me that was 10/14 so pretty much over it now. Lots of old memories from the interaction there. New memories, old and new friends here so .... best wishes to Kpuffville.

Never really "got" the brotherly intent of buying the #'s 3,6 and 16th largest cigar sites, merging them and creating the... # 3 largest cigar site. It's either genius beyond which us community members have a view of or.... just a play into the popularity of "Social communities" that is a roll-up and flip plan for an opportunist.

Time will tell.

Regards,
Da Klugs-CS
or is that..
Da Klugs-CL ;)

Sauer Grapes 01-11-2009 06:39 PM

What sites are numbers 1-5?

G G 01-11-2009 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrreindeer (Post 163113)
Now that was funny! :r:r
But I just think it's a bit presumptuous to think that the things we appreciated at the original CS are now gone forever and maybe even a little sad that you've completely written off the place and are looking forward to its demise.

I pared this down to home in on the part I wanted to answer to. I don't think anyone is really looking forward to the demise. I feel that most of us are trying to put humor in something that is sad for most of us, or at least started out that way. Now we have CA thanks to the 11, and I agree with you that I love this place as well. It is much more homey to me than CS was, maybe that's because I was involved here from the get go. Not sure about everyone's feelings but that's my :2. And I don't think I have written it off just moved on.:)

Whee 01-11-2009 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awsmith4 (Post 163110)

:r:r

We have a winner!

Whee 01-11-2009 06:50 PM

ooohhh, database error in the forums link. Must still be putting the new paint on the ol' place.

borndead1 01-11-2009 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chippewastud79 (Post 163084)
"Like the perfect cigar, the smoker’s lifestyle is a rich and well-blended mixture of the all the finest ingredients. At Puff Lifestyle, we discuss the finer things in life: the most luxurious hotels, the finest wines, 5-star dining, the hottest wheels, insane watches, really cool lighters, hand carved cedar humidors, and of course – the best cigars. Come, live the life of a true cigar connoisseur. Puff Lifestyle – the sky is the limit."

What the f**k...

I only plan on doing 2 things at a hotel: sleeping and humping. Luxury? Why.

5 star dining to me is a steak that I grill on my balcony and enjoy while watching The Simpsons.

BAH...I could go on and on but I won't. Why bother.

And I still maintain that Caputo should have done a little more research on the term "puff lifestyle"...the Brits here at CA know what I mean! :r

Smokin Gator 01-11-2009 06:55 PM

I was only on CS for a couple of months before the announcement. I still check in over there a time or two a day. That being said... I feel for all of my friends/brothers/sisters here who had much invested in CS. I truly appreciate what we have here, but I also know that there are many of you who just cannot stomach even a visit.

can tell you though... the look of the new site is not me at all.

G G 01-11-2009 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokin Gator (Post 163151)
I was only on CS for a couple of months before the announcement. I still check in over there a time or two a day. That being said... I feel for all of my friends/brothers/sisters here who had much invested in CS. I truly appreciate what we have here, but I also know that there are many of you who just cannot stomach even a visit.

I couldn't agree with you more Brent.:tu

GTsetGO 01-11-2009 06:58 PM

i went through a "buy out" on another forum that I am an admin on (not a cigar site) and luckily the new owners left everything to the existing staff to run. Nothing has changed except for who owns the joint.

Sorry to see that some other "new" owners of a site couldn't use that philosophy

Starscream 01-11-2009 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14holestogie (Post 163025)
100 days, almost. A pretty good run. A moment of silence, if you please.;)

:salute:It's been fun.

Smokin Gator 01-11-2009 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggainey (Post 163156)
I couldn't agree with you more Brent.:tu

That is twice in one day that Greg has agreed with me... I am getting a little freaked out!!!:confused:

G G 01-11-2009 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokin Gator (Post 163163)
That is twice in one day that Greg has agreed with me... I am getting a little freaked out!!!:confused:

Kinda freaky huh? Since we will never agree on college football I guess it's nice that we can agree on other things.:r

Whee 01-11-2009 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokin Gator (Post 163151)

Seems awfully cluttered on the front page. But it's new, so maybe it'll get cleaned up. Kinda leans to the Afficionado Lite direction doesn't it?:hm

Da Klugs 01-11-2009 07:07 PM

There's like 13 ad's plus "content ads" on the homepage. :r

It's cigarlive renamed PUff with the CS post content to be rolled in.