Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Coffee Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Instant Coffee (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=52669)

Tredegar 01-16-2012 12:32 PM

Instant Coffee

I don't drink enough coffee to have a percolator/pot so I usually make instant coffee. I currently drink Nescafe' instant coffee and find it to be okay. I am also on the look out for better stuff. Any suggestions?

Blak Smyth 01-16-2012 12:34 PM

Re: Instant Coffee

You can snag a nice french press at Walmart for $20.00, thats all I can recommend because I don't drink instant coffee. A french press is about as good of a brew as you can make and very affordable. :2 They also make a small one cup press, I have seen it at Bed, Bath and Beyond.

CigarNut 01-16-2012 01:17 PM

I'm not much of an instant coffee drinker but my friend is and she really likes the Starbucks instant -- comes in several flavors and is "reasonably" priced.

Blak Smyth 01-16-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CigarNut (Post 1532246)
I'm not much of an instant coffee drinker but my friend is and she really likes the Starbucks instant -- comes in several flavors and is "reasonably" priced.

Oh yah I forgot about that, I did try that. It wasn't bad for instant.

waffle 01-17-2012 07:31 AM

Honestly, Ive been using the Aeropress for my coffee... it takes like no time however, i have started using this method for brewing as it takes me about 2 mins (including heating the water) time to make... I simply buy fresh grounds when I swing by my local coffee shop and store them in a vacuum sealed container until I need them. I think its WAAAAYYYYYY better than instant and just about as fast...

longknocker 01-17-2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

That's What I Drink When I Only Want One Cup! :tu

ApexAZ 01-17-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

:tpd:

I also love my aeropress, but maybe not worth it if you let the coffee sit for weeks and weeks. Although you could buy the bulk coffee and grind just small amounts.

Subvet642 01-17-2012 09:26 AM

I love instant 'cause no other method can make it as strong as I like it, as fast as I need it.

mosesbotbol 01-17-2012 09:28 AM

Foldgers isn't bad instant coffee.

Buckeye Jack 01-17-2012 09:30 AM

My grandfather drank Yuban instant coffee. When he passed away he had about 12-15 large jars of the stuff. I took a couple because I was going to experiment with it. Never made it even a 1/4 way thru one jar.

Just not for me.

ade06 01-17-2012 10:18 AM

If you like Starbucks' coffee, then VIA is a good alternative.