Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Island (The other ones) Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Swisher Sweets Grape Blunt (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=19757)

taltos 08-09-2009 10:33 AM

Swisher Sweets Grape Blunt

This is number two in an occasional series of drug store cigar reviews. The cigar was gifted to me by Greg Gainey (ggainey) as a joke but I decided to take the joke one step further and actually smoke one of these.

The cigar is roughly robusto sized with a slightly smaller ring gauge (about 46) than would be expected in a robusto. Overall appearance was of a smoothly rolled cigar with the wrapper being homogenized paper/tobacco combination. Just to show how thoughtful the Swisher folks are, no fighting to remove the band, it was cleverly used as a pull tab to remove the cello. Also, put away your cutter, these fine folks made the cigar with a hole already there for your smoking pleasure. Why can't the big money cigar makers incorporate such smoker friendly features in their cigars.

Now to the smoking experience. The cigar had a loose draw and a taste like a grape Pixie Stick upon lighting. The initial flavor went away after the first half inch and had a flavor of grape in some sort of solution that gave off fumes and put my tongue to sleep and later started it to burning like a harsh pipe tobacco. Burn was razor sharp but fast (thank God). The sensation that I was smoking a grape infused oil continued to the end of the cigar. I must make note that at no time during the smoke did I taste tobacco and bad news for Ben Stearns, I nubbed it so no left overs for you. As I stated in the first sentence of this review, this is drug store cigar review number two and lets leave it by saying that number two is also a fit description of this cigar.:td:td:td

ucla695 08-09-2009 10:39 AM

Re: Swisher Sweets Grape Blunt

Wow, I can't believe you smoked it. :r :r :r I've never been adventurous enough to.

alley00p 08-09-2009 11:14 AM

Nice Review, Paul! :tu

I was surprised that there was so much detail in here - I must tell you that I'm really impressed in your reviewing skills! :ss

This review is very valuable information to have for the ALL BOTLS to have. For instance, It tells me that if a package comes from Florida, especially from Greg's neck of the woods, that it should be sent back, unopened!!! :eek:

Good Stuff, Maynard!!! http://smileys.on-my-web.com/reposit...others-249.GIF

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/reposit.../party-109.GIF

kelmac07 08-09-2009 11:20 AM

Nice review Paul. No mention of the purple smoke?

Blindjimme 08-09-2009 11:27 AM

You,sir, are truly a fearless man. I salute your courage.

G G 08-09-2009 11:31 AM

Well I can't believe you actaully smoked it. You were supposed to smoke the fiver of decent smokes i sent. You didn't have an attack of senility and throw the fiver of good one's away and keep the Swisher's to smoke did you?:tu

taltos 08-09-2009 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggainey (Post 501760)
Well I can't believe you actaully smoked it. You were supposed to smoke the fiver of decent smokes i sent. You didn't have an attack of senility and throw the fiver of good one's away and keep the Swisher's to smoke did you?:tu

My experience here will help me appreciate the decent smokes more.:tu

icehog3 08-09-2009 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taltos (Post 501699)
This is number two in an occasional series of drug store cigar reviews.

Emphasis on "drug", Paul. :r ;)

Doctorossi 08-09-2009 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 501877)
Emphasis on "drug", Paul. :r ;)

Exactly. I hate to say it, Paul, but I don't think you've fully experienced this stick yet. Next time, break out the cutting tools and give us a proper review. :r

MedicCook 08-09-2009 10:09 PM

Nice review Paul. The good thing is at your age you will have forgotten you smoked it and you will try another one.

Doctorossi 08-09-2009 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MedicCook (Post 502357)
The good thing is at your age you will have forgotten you smoked it and you will try another one.

How is that a good thing? :confused:

MedicCook 08-09-2009 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doctorossi (Post 502359)
How is that a good thing? :confused:

I get enjoyment out of Paul smoking these horrible things.

ffup 08-13-2009 10:55 PM

Thanks for the review. Knowing this I will take the dozen or so out of my humidor and give them to the kids down the street or the homeless guy who plays in the street.

G G 08-13-2009 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MedicCook (Post 502360)
I get enjoyment out of Paul smoking these horrible things.

Well I can send you some, you can smoke em if you want or regift them to Paul. I don't care either way.:banger

MedicCook 08-13-2009 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggainey (Post 509060)
Well I can send you some, you can smoke em if you want or regift them to Paul. I don't care either way.:banger

I think I might have to move again. :r

G G 08-13-2009 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MedicCook (Post 509061)
I think I might have to move again. :r

Nah don't do that. I will send Paul some more and put your new return addy on there thanks to Shilala.;s

MedicCook 08-13-2009 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggainey (Post 509063)
Nah don't do that. I will send Paul some more and put your new return addy on there thanks to Shilala.;s

That works for me. :tu

taltos 08-14-2009 03:11 AM

Greg and Ryan, please show some respect to your elders.:D

TheTraveler 08-14-2009 06:22 AM

The problem is that you smoked an '09 SS Grape without letting it age!!!!! Even the noobiest noob of the noobs knows that an SS is only good with a minimum 5 years age on it! That "grape" flavor will transform and settle into a fine wine taste if you let it age. :D

:r :r :r

(I was actually called "noobiest noob of the noobs" in an online game once. :) )

taltos 08-14-2009 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTraveler (Post 509223)
The problem is that you smoked an '09 SS Grape without letting it age!!!!! Even the noobiest noob of the noobs knows that an SS is only good with a minimum 5 years age on it! That "grape" flavor will transform and settle into a fine wine taste if you let it age. :D

:r :r

(I was actually called "noobiest noob of the noobs" in an online game once. :) )

Actually I left one on the dashboard of my truck for 2 weeks and it started to decompose. Can I send the rest of them to you so that they may properly age in your humi?:fu