Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Accessory Discussion / Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Zippo bought out Ronson (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=28795)

Lucky_Hippo 02-19-2010 06:13 AM

Zippo bought out Ronson

Looks like Zippo bought out Ronson. I have no idea what will/will not happen to our beloved ronson torches, but I plan on making a run this weekend to pick up a few just to play it safe.

Nothing against Zippo, but my Ronsons have been one of the most dependable cigar lighters I've ever come across and I'd hate to see them fiddled with.

GreekGodX 02-19-2010 06:27 AM

Re: Zippo bought out Ronson

I think this may actually be good. Hopefully zippo can back the Ronson's with some kind of guarantee and/or improve the quality of the Ronson a bit.

Brian D. 02-19-2010 06:50 AM

Zippo makes really nice shells to slide my Z-Plus butane inserts into! :r

Just kidding, other than the Zippo Blu torch having some quirks, they are a great company. Ronson was too, back in the day.

captain53 02-19-2010 07:29 AM

I like Ronson just like they are and will be making a run this weekend for all they have in stock at my Walmart. Nothing good ever comes from these takeover deals.:td

kelmac07 02-19-2010 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captain53 (Post 764738)
I like Ronson just like they are and will be making a run this weekend for all they have in stock at my Walmart. Nothing good ever comes from these takeover deals.:td

:tpd: Same here brother.

Kreth 02-19-2010 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captain53 (Post 764738)

:tpd: Ideally, Zippo will keep Ronson as a reliable, budget line. Rebrand, fine; but please leave the design as is.
Posted via Mobile Device

e-man67 02-19-2010 07:37 AM

Ronsons just went from $7 to $20....

Volt 02-19-2010 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian D. (Post 764679)
Zippo makes really nice shells to slide my Z-Plus butane inserts into! :r

Just kidding, other than the Zippo Blu torch having some quirks, they are a great company. Ronson was too, back in the day.

Love the zippo feel and sounds. I like the z-blaze inserts but mine seems to have issues and I need to pick up another. Maybe next payday or so.

RightAJ 02-19-2010 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kreth (Post 764747)
:tpd: Ideally, Zippo will keep Ronson as a reliable, budget line.

This is what I heard will happen.. Sure hope so becasue those Jetlines are awesome! Mine refuses to die:su

aj

Lucky_Hippo 02-19-2010 08:06 AM

I used my zippo faithfully on a daily basis back when I was a cigarette smoker, and gave the zippo blu a fair shake despite the terrible reviews, but I just never came across any great zippo cigar products.

A Ronson torch with some cool zippo Jimi Hindrix design might be an awesome product but they'd have to leave all the inside guts as is.

Bubba - NJ 02-21-2010 02:11 PM

I've been looking for one of these locally . Checked a couple CVS stores and all they seem to have in lighters is Bic . And of course the help is these stores is always so knowledgeable as far as whats in stock . Curious to see what all the rage is about . I love both of my Blazers , the z-plus insert and the PB-207 .

s15driftking 02-21-2010 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e-man67 (Post 764749)
Ronsons just went from $7 to $20....

i hope your 7 dollar reference was not for a jetlite... yikes!!!!

marge796 02-21-2010 02:38 PM

I've checked Walmart, Walgreens & CVS in my area, with no luck. I too would like to get one or two Ronsons to see what the chatter is all about. I'll keep searching.

Chris.....

ChasDen 02-21-2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marge796 (Post 767228)
I've checked Walmart, Walgreens & CVS in my area, with no luck. I too would like to get one or two Ronsons to see what the chatter is all about. I'll keep searching.

Chris.....

Chris, send me an addy, I have a few extras I will send you.

Last count I have 6 or 8 still in their package and at least a dozen laying around the house.

Never thrown one out yet :tu

I get mine at wally world and they are 3 bucks and some change.

When they have them I grab a few and throw them in the drawer.

Chas

LooseCard 02-21-2010 06:20 PM

Yup, always watch my local WallyWorld. They never have them.

Last time I was in another neighboring one, I picked up two.

Great cheapos. I keep a multitude of lighters available for use, and there are a few Ronsons in the cup.