Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Cigars & our better half... (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=60354)

TheBigAsh 01-24-2013 06:10 AM

Cigars & our better half...

I was just thinking that through all the years I've spent on the Big Ash porch with my cigars Ive had the blessing of my hobby from my wife. While I can't smoke in the house, she has never discouraged me from smoking my gars. In fact, there have been plenty of times she's suggested that I go and spend time either on the porch or at my B&M. She's never made to big a fuss at the money I spend on them. I kinda think she enjoys the idea of a man and his cigar rather than just tolerating it. So here's to the wives of BOTL.

May they allow us to fill up the humidor ever full.

jjirons69 01-24-2013 06:42 AM

Re: Cigars & our better half...

Amen! I think most of middle-agers would rather spend the evening at our homes enjoying a great, relaxing smoke than anything else. It's always nice to have a buddy or two over to help enjoy the time with, also.

iaMkcK 01-24-2013 09:32 AM

I've been lucky enough to have a lady who enjoys smoking cigars with me. She supports me in purchases, never discourages. She has helped with major purchases, even with the humidor that I had custom made by Ed of Waxing Moon Humidors. We share our cigars, and she knows the value of my HTFs so she never would smoke one without permission or without me for that matter, and the same goes for me to her sticks. There isn't an HTF or CC that I've smoked without her taking some in as well. Kinda nice now that I think of it :)

Cheers SOTLs!

Subvet642 01-24-2013 09:36 AM

My wife loves the smell of a cigar, she says it "smells like men".

Steve 01-24-2013 09:53 AM

I too am blessed with a wife who not only doesn't mind me enjoying cigars, she usually gets me better cigars than I get myself!

hotreds 01-24-2013 09:59 AM

Very lucky that mama enjoys the aroma of a good cigar and has no problem with my smoking in the house. I do, however, smoke in my "room" that has a fan at the window to expel the smoke, and I use candles in the room as well. So, unless there is a gale blowing that turns the fan blades so that the smoke is pushed further in the house, one can barely tell there is a stogie smoker therein.

Nonetheless and even so, mama approves!

gbum 01-24-2013 10:22 AM

my wife bought me a box of monte pe and a box of oliva v maduro 2012 as present,

nuff said!

Big Maduro 01-24-2013 10:38 AM

I kept it from my wife for a long time. As I eased her into the idea and educated her on cigars she is very supportive. Often on Friday after work she will ask if we can go to the local shop so I can get something.She likes the smells and will ask if I need any cigars.

Dave128 01-24-2013 10:43 AM

My wife isn't a huge fan of me smoking cigars, but on the other hand, she doesn't discourage me from enjoying them.

dubleuhb 01-24-2013 12:00 PM

Can your wives get in touch with my Gal and have a talk with her ? J/K
Love her dearly but this is one area she does not agree.

Sadden 01-24-2013 12:23 PM

She likes the smell of some and dislikes the smell of others. She doeant enjoy cigars herself but she doeant mind me smoking them. when we build a house i get a smoking lounge. qnd she encouraged me to get a larger aristocrat than i originally wanted.
(phone post)

e-man67 01-24-2013 12:41 PM

My wife HATES it with a passion...thinks I will die of lung cancer. I explained to her you don't inhale and then it's "you will die of mouth cancer then"

Subvet642 01-24-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e-man67 (Post 1786229)
My wife HATES it with a passion...thinks I will die of lung cancer. I explained to her you don't inhale and then it's "you will die of mouth cancer then"

Tell her it beats being nagged to death. :D

RevSmoke 01-24-2013 01:02 PM

My wife tolerates it. She isn't a fan of my smoking cigars, and hates the taste of it in my mouth when we kiss. However, she also realizes they are a stress management tool, and therefore tolerates, and sometimes will say, "do you need to go off and have a cigar and a beer?"

To our wives!!!

Smooth23 01-24-2013 01:18 PM

My girlfriend of 4 years doesn't mind. In fact, her father got me into smoking them. She will smoke with me, only things with a sweetened cap though.. Thats okay, leaves the real yummy stuff to me.

CigarSquid 01-24-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave128 (Post 1786160)
My wife isn't a huge fan of me smoking cigars, but on the other hand, she doesn't discourage me from enjoying them.

Exactly how my wife is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by e-man67 (Post 1786229)

Same exactly thing with me. She doesn't hate it though.. other than that.. same convo at my house.

cobra03 01-24-2013 01:30 PM

My wife doesnt mind that i smoke at all as long as its not in the car or house. Both of which i can deal with as i wouldnt smoke in the house anyway. She even approved me buying my cabinet humidor knowing full well i would be on a never ending quest to fill it. Hell when she visits family in Richmond and im not there with her she stops by my old hang out at Winstons Humidor says hi to everyone and buys me some smokes. Cant beat that.

Steve 01-24-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subvet642 (Post 1786239)
Tell her it beats being nagged to death. :D

:lr:lr:cl

Porch Dweller 01-24-2013 05:31 PM

I smoked an occasional cigar; like 1-2 a year occasional. Then my wife and I were stationed in Europe and had access to CCs. She'd be out and around and pick up a couple for me to try. That got me going down my current path. Now on the rare occasion she complains about one of my purchases I tell her it's her fault I have this hobby. :) When she has to travel on business if she sees a B&M and has some time she'll stop in, tell the guy some of the cigars I like and ask for one similar so she can bring me back something new to try.

<raises glass> Here's to you, sweetie!

mahtofire14 01-24-2013 06:17 PM

My girlfriend (soon to be fiance) tolerates it also. While she isn't a fan, she absolutely hated when I chewed so when I started smoking cigars more frequently she wasn't thrilled, but it helped me kick my chewing habit. Funny this is she secretly likes the aroma. Now that Winter is here I just go out to the lake and smoke a couple in the ice house to get my fix.