Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Pipe Allowance? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=9096)

BigFrank 01-28-2009 06:09 PM

Pipe Allowance?

So as the question is, how much do you allow yourself to spend on pipes and tobacco on a monthly basis.
Or, how much do you actually spend.

Reason I ask is, like usual a few pipes online have me wanting to go into the well again.

Nick 01-28-2009 06:17 PM

Re: Pipe Allowance?

Do you like Opeth.

BigFrank 01-28-2009 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 199840)
Do you like Opeth.

They are ok. Do they all smoke pipes? lol

Nick 01-28-2009 06:23 PM

Don't you mean they are amazing. In flames has gone down hill the last couple albums imo. Sorry to thread jack

BigFrank 01-28-2009 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 199865)
Don't you mean they are amazing. In flames has gone down hill the last couple albums imo. Sorry to thread jack

Coulda just pmed me. Mirror's Truth is a good album.

Nick 01-28-2009 07:16 PM

As for your question

Whatever kind of extra cash i scrape up I spend on P&T

Big D KC 01-28-2009 08:21 PM

Too much!! lol!

I try not to keep count. As an average over a year, I'd say I spend atleast $50-$75 on tobacco hobby stuff each month. Either pipes, pipe tobacco, or cigars on my weekly evening at the local B&M.

That does not take into account the about once a quarter stock ups I usually do of another $150+ in cigars. For the first time since i've been smokin pipes, (hasn't been but since sept), I will be doing my big stock up run this time on mostly all pipe baccy and a couple of bundles of smokes. Gettin ready for that one on Friday I think!

uncballzer 01-28-2009 08:25 PM

Just dropped 90 bucks on some tins and bulk; but typically when I do buy, either online or at a B&M, I typically spend 100+.

WWhermit 01-29-2009 01:43 PM

Thankfully the only B&M in my area isn't worth a crap. They have about 40 pipes, and carry about 15 types of tins.

I'd say that 80% of my buying is done online. When I do, however, I try to stock up for a few months. Then I forget to include some small tobacco in my order, and have ended up ordering about once a month.

I'm planning on going to the Pipe show in Las Vegas this November, so I'm trying to save up as much as possible, to see if I can snag a pipe I would normally not even consider buying due to the price tag. Something like a Jess Chonowitsch or a noce Tonni Nielson. Dunno, we'll see how the economy treats me.

As long as my wife gets enough play money while I'm at the show, I think I'll be able to sneak the pipe home without detection.

WWhermit
:pi

DrDubzz 01-29-2009 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncballzer (Post 200257)
Just dropped 90 bucks on some tins and bulk; but typically when I do buy, either online or at a B&M, I typically spend 100+.

same here, I prefer to save up and buy in chunks

dogsplayinpoker 01-29-2009 05:47 PM

$50 a month is supposed to be my limit but I save up a month or so for bigger purchases. Fitty don't go too far these days...I may have to expand my budget.