Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   I've been robbed!!!!!!! (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=53535)

sevans105 02-18-2012 10:31 PM

I've been robbed!!!!!!!

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/a...-16-59_747.jpg

So, I had this cabinet humidor in a room that several of us turned into smoking lounge. Had a "recommended donation" sheet in there along with a "Scott's Only" section. Came in today to check humidity levels and have a cigar. Noticed that some things were a little off. Several boxes were messed up and most telling, one of my recirculating fans was face down. I don't know about you, but I'm kinda particular about how my humidor is.

So, I decided to look around a bit. HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!

First thing I checked was the Cuban boxes. MISSING 18 Cuban cigars...including 8 Trinidad Fundadores, 5 Monte Cristo #2, and 5 Cohiba Siglo VI's. Panic sets in. Someone went through my cabinet shelf by shelf. Left the bundles, the Gurkhas, the Padilla's and Perdomo's. Took the Diesel, the Fuentes, Punch, Fonseca, DPG Blue labels, Tatuajes, and a ton of others. Total, about 60 sticks.

Whoever it was, knew what they were doing. They took the good stuff. The expensive stuff.

I'm gonna go cry.

macsauce13 02-18-2012 10:34 PM

Re: I've been robbed!!!!!!!

Time to use that lock now. 60 sticks is a ton of loss. Sorry to hear that man

sevans105 02-18-2012 10:35 PM

Key is in my pocket. Cabinet comes home tomorrow. So upset.

jluck 02-18-2012 10:38 PM

That sucks man! you must have a hunch who it might be.....can you get homeowners ins to cover losses?

fencefixer 02-18-2012 10:41 PM

WTF... where is this room, in some shed out in the boonies? How many people have access? I'm wondering if this was more like an inside job. This SUCKS man I'm sorry.. yeah I'd be ****ing pissed too.

MrClean 02-18-2012 10:46 PM

This is WRONG!! So you supply the room, the sticks and only use a 'suggested donation' sheet and someone decided to be greedy! I'd close the room down and make it your room only. That really blows Scott, I'm sorry to hear this.

Ogre 02-18-2012 10:47 PM

Damn It Man, That really sucks!!! Hope you find the guilty party.

sevans105 02-18-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jluck (Post 1564513)
That sucks man! you must have a hunch who it might be.....can you get homeowners ins to cover losses?

Wasn't at my house. No clue on who did it, but one of the other guys might. He rents out the other parts of the building to groups. I'll talk to him tomorrow. Honestly, if I could even get part of them back, I'd do it. No questions, no issues...just give me my sticks back.

Boz 02-18-2012 10:48 PM

That sucks man. You must have some clue to who it was right? I mean it's limited access to the room correct?

Edit: you posted right before me. Hopefully you'll find something out.

maninblack 02-18-2012 10:49 PM

Damn brother that really sucks. 60 smokes is one hell of a hit. Find the guy and beat his ass.

mkarnold1 02-18-2012 10:54 PM

If you find out who it is and you're having trouble getting them back PM me. I'm less than 2 hours down 90 and don't know anyone in Fairmont so... I can drive in, smoke one with you, punch the jackass in the face and then go home.

fencefixer 02-18-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkarnold1 (Post 1564525)
If you find out who it is and you're having trouble getting them back PM me. I'm less than 2 hours down 90 and don't know anyone in Fairmont so... I can drive in, smoke one with you, punch the jackass in the face and then go home.

Ditto!! I have guns, shovels and trash bags.

Remo 02-18-2012 11:22 PM

That sucks ass Scott!!

Brutus2600 02-18-2012 11:28 PM

Unbelievable. Whoever did it is obviously a cigar smoker who knows his cigars, but not one that I would ever call a brother. That's entirely scum of the earth type stuff right there.

Good luck on getting your sticks back or at least finding out who did it.

Hem 02-18-2012 11:28 PM

Def sounds like an inside job. Somebody knew what to look for and where to find it.

icehog3 02-18-2012 11:49 PM

Just sucks every which way but loose, Scott. Sorry to hear it.

sevans105 02-18-2012 11:53 PM

The cubans hurt the worst....most everything else is fairly easily replaceable....not inexpensive but replaceable.

Remo 02-19-2012 12:25 AM

So, where is your humi? In a building, not at home?

sevans105 02-19-2012 12:48 AM

Yeah...one of my friends owns an old building downtown. We converted the back room into a private lounge and the rest into a private movie theater...liquor lockers, full kitchen, etc. It really is a cool place. Just, sadly, not a place I can leave my cigars anymore. They've been there for about a year with no problems at all. Really sucks.

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/a...-25-03_770.jpg

backwoods357 02-19-2012 01:01 AM

That is horrible, sorry to hear. I hope the POS responsible is caught.
That lounge looks awesome, is that a dog crate in the corner?