Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Oliva Cigars (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=66917)

badbriar 06-09-2014 03:40 PM

Oliva Cigars

OK - which is the preferred cigar... :confused:
Oliva V or Oliva Master Blend 3?
Trying to decide - never tried the Master Blends, but love the V series.

RR

CRIMPS 06-09-2014 03:48 PM

Re: Oliva Cigars

Pretty sure most, here, prefer the "V"

:r

icehog3 06-09-2014 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRIMPS (Post 1967804)

Over the "C", maybe, but not over the Master Blends for this guy. ;)

Porch Dweller 06-09-2014 03:55 PM

I love 'em both but give the edge to the 'V'. You can't go wrong with either one, though. Hell, you can't go wrong with just about any Oliva IMNSHO.

Sweet_Leaf_PDX 06-09-2014 03:57 PM

I prefer the Master Blend 3 in Robusto, and I prefer the Serie V in the No. 4 and Lancero sizes.

If I had to pick one I would go with the Serie V, but you should try the Master Blends 3 too. No reason why they both can't coexist in your humidor. I enjoy both.

pnoon 06-09-2014 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badbriar (Post 1967802)
OK - which is the preferred cigar... :confused:
Oliva V or Oliva Master Blend 3?
Trying to decide - never tried the Master Blends, but love the V series.

RR

Preferred by whom?
Quote:

Originally Posted by CRIMPS (Post 1967804)

Sorry Zach. I would disagree.
Like Tom, I prefer the MB3.
My :2 and worth as much.

T.G 06-09-2014 06:19 PM

When they came out, I liked the MB1. I really liked the MB2 when it was released. I thought the MB3 was just ok, although in fairness, I'm probably comparing it to the other two, on it's own it might be different. I thought the V was meh.

Haven't smoked any of them in a long time, so take it all with a grain of salt.

kelmac07 06-09-2014 06:23 PM

Agree with Adam...the MB1 was awesome, the MB2 exceptional and the MB3 was very nice as well.

Now the Series V Maduro. :dr :dr :dr

longknocker 06-09-2014 06:23 PM

Never Liked The Regular "V", Either. Oliva V Melanio Is Good, Though, IMO.:tu

RevSmoke 06-11-2014 03:45 PM

Well, here is someone who enjoys both blends. And, I enjoy them because they are different and go better with different situations. Both are great smokes and I like having both around.

the MacDonald 06-11-2014 04:08 PM

http://gph.is/XMhPUl

Chimneyfish 06-24-2014 08:47 PM

Original V bad. Melanio fantastic.

Also, i've been calling them Olivia until a mate of mine dug through my humidor, took out the double robusto, and said: Hmmmm, Oliva. That's interesting.
I said "it's Olivia!"
And he showed me the ring and what do you know it!? It was Oliva! :p

NCRadioMan 06-24-2014 11:58 PM

MB 1's were epic, the 2's and 3's never did it for me. Melanio's are nice but I do love the V lancero. The whole line was based on that one cigar. Oliva made them for another company and they pulled out late in the project so Oliva called it the Serie V, put it on the market and it's been the best selling cigar Oliva has ever made.

I've always wondered who that company was that decided to not take them. :r

Brian D. 06-25-2014 05:47 AM

Those hypothetical 'If you could only smoke one make and model of cigar the rest of your life...' questions are silly to me and I cannot ever reply.

However if the question allowed me just one brand of cigars I could answer, and it would likely be Oliva. From the seldom encountered (by me) MB's through the V and Melanio, through the O and G series, all the way down the ladder to their bundles, Flor de Oliva, that would give me enough variety to never get bored.

2GuysSmokeShop 06-25-2014 07:13 AM

The V is the choice here, for sure.

BUC WHITE 06-25-2014 07:49 AM

The MB3 over here. Both are great smokes but I prefer the 3.

kansashat 06-26-2014 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimneyfish (Post 1970614)
Original V bad. Melanio fantastic.

Also, i've been calling them Olivia until a mate of mine dug through my humidor, took out the double robusto, and said: Hmmmm, Oliva. That's interesting.
I said "it's Olivia!"
And he showed me the ring and what do you know it!? It was Oliva! :p

At least you don't call them Owleever like Skeeter.

I've only smoked a cpl MB3, but am a big fan of the V.

czerbe 06-26-2014 01:19 PM

I can't think of another cigar company out there where I have smoked nearly all of their products and really enjoyed each one. For me and my money you can't beat the Serie V hands down one of the best sticks on the market. I really enjoy the MB3 but the V takes it all the way for me. Its a little to strong for a mid day smoke for me so its 99% of the time an after dinner smoke with a nice Scotch. Love the Company, sales team, and their products.

shilala 06-26-2014 01:35 PM

The V's are excellent. So are the V maduros.
That said, I don't think I've ever seen anyone turn their nose up at a Master Blend.
Oliva is solid all the way around. Great people and a fabulous cigar company that makes excellent cigars at a fair price.
I love em. :tu

brigey57 07-10-2014 08:38 PM

I totally agree. There are so many varieties and I enjoy them all so very much. That's in my opinion what a master blender does with their tobaccos. :tu

Quote:

Originally Posted by czerbe (Post 1970982)
I can't think of another cigar company out there where I have smoked nearly all of their products and really enjoyed each one. For me and my money you can't beat the Serie V hands down one of the best sticks on the market. I really enjoy the MB3 but the V takes it all the way for me. Its a little to strong for a mid day smoke for me so its 99% of the time an after dinner smoke with a nice Scotch. Love the Company, sales team, and their products.