Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Island (The other ones) Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   EO Brands Cubao No.5 (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=42889)

amsgpwarrior 02-24-2011 09:46 PM

EO Brands Cubao No.5

EO Brands Cubao No.5

Cubao No.5 Toro (6.1x50)
Wrapper: Ecuadorian Sumatra
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan
Price: $4.00

This is a Pepin Garcia produced cigar for Espinoza y Ortega brand (EO Brands). EO also owns the 601 Series and Mi Barrio line of cigars, both very good lines of cigars. They seem to be hitting homeruns lately with their cigars while partnered with the legend Don Pepin.

The cigar has a fragrant prelight smell to the cigar that is earth, rich leather, dark wood , and honeyed. Tight draw on the initial pre light draw. This stick was pulled out of the humidor a little above 70% humidity.

At first light, I am hit with loads of pepper and wood flavors. It’s a little harsh at first, but mellowed about ½ inch in. A tight dark grey ash developed. Toasted coconut and woodsy flavors were the norm though the 1st third. The 2nd third, the draw opened up a bit and creamy smoke continued to have toasty oak flavors with a touch of sweetness. Halfway through the cigar went out due to a soft spot. Last third had some pepper in the background and a touch of charred wood.
The power throughout the cigar lets me know that this cigar needs to age a little bit. I’ve heard they become much better after about a year in the humidor. I got several more of these and will let them rest for awhile and return to them at another time.

Score: 91

HollywoodQue 02-25-2011 03:52 AM

Re: EO Brands Cubao No.5

I have a few of these, I must try one soon, thanks again.

thecatch83 02-25-2011 06:00 AM

You've been smoking some nice sticks lately. Any chances of you including pics with your reivews? It really helps to show the construction, burn qualities etc. for us crazies! Thanks in advance.

kelmac07 02-25-2011 06:16 AM

These are good...the maduro verion is even better!! :dr :dr

Christiel49 02-25-2011 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelmac07 (Post 1184498)
These are good...the maduro verion is even better!! :dr :dr

:tpd:

Hippi3Slay3r 02-25-2011 07:28 AM

A great smoke! One of the best burning cigars ive ever had, Truly razor sharp!

STEVE S 02-25-2011 08:43 AM

Thank you for the review, the #5 is one of my favorites. :tu

Lucky_Hippo 02-25-2011 08:51 AM

I've smoked several boxes of the #4 naturals. Love these sticks.

Thanks for the review!

dannysguitar 02-25-2011 01:07 PM

The Lancero is the best in the line IMHO. Thanks for the review!

amsgpwarrior 02-25-2011 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecatch83 (Post 1184490)
You've been smoking some nice sticks lately. Any chances of you including pics with your reivews? It really helps to show the construction, burn qualities etc. for us crazies! Thanks in advance.

I can't upload pics to this forum due to formatting problems. If you want to check out pics, click the link to my blog where my signature is and you will be able to see them. Some of these are older reviews so you may have to go back in the archives.

thecatch83 02-26-2011 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amsgpwarrior (Post 1185355)
I can't upload pics to this forum due to formatting problems. If you want to check out pics, click the link to my blog where my signature is and you will be able to see them. Some of these are older reviews so you may have to go back in the archives.

Good times, thanks! -(P

borndead1 02-26-2011 11:21 AM

I like the Sumatra wraps quite a bit. They do need humi time though. I give them a few months.

Don't like the maduros at all. I think they taste funny.