Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Good morning Post and sports update (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7301)

Stogieman 11-16-2016 03:47 AM

Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's "Hump Day". Got back from Phoenix, AZ late last night, Beth and I had a great week out there and all. It's good to be home except for the colder weather which I'll get use to real quick. Enjoy everyone and be safe out there...... :)

Stogieman 11-17-2016 03:32 AM

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0420 and it's Thursday which means we'll be at Hudson Valley Cigars / Schlesinger's Cigar Bar this evening. Enjoy everyone...... :ss

Stogieman 11-18-2016 03:55 AM

Good morning all, the coffee is on as always and it's Friday! We had a good time at Schlesinger's last night, the usual suspects were there as well as a couple of old friends that we haven't seen in a while. Sports wise, this weekend is filled with NFL and college football, NHL, and all three NASCAR racing series final races for the season in Homestead, FL. Army football takes on Morgan State at home tomorrow with a 1200 (12 o'clock) kick off. If they win, they would be bowl eligible in a couple of the earlier bowl games. Enjoy your weekend everyone and smoke a favorite or two if you get the chance........ :D

Stogieman 11-21-2016 03:54 AM

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's back to work Monday. We had a good weekend overall even with the early snow storm yesterday morning. Congrats to Jimmie Johnson for winning his 7th NASCAR Championship and joining the elite group of Richard Petty and the late Dale Earnhardt Sr. Army won big time beating Morgan State 60 - 3, one more game and that is the Army vs. Navy game on the 10th of December down in Baltimore. Enjoy your Thanksgiving week everyone and please remember those that can't be home with their loved ones during the holidays........ :tu

Stogieman 11-22-2016 03:51 AM

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0420 as always and it's Tuesday (this week's Hump Day). Nice and quiet at the office, the West Point Cadets are off starting at noon tomorrow for the remainder of the week and there's only a Turkey to cook on Thursday and watch football the rest of the day. Enjoy everyone and remember to be safe out there....... :cf1

Stogieman 11-23-2016 03:59 AM

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's Thanksgiving Eve. Going to stop at Roe's Orchards after work and get our holiday apple cider as always and then head over to Hudson Valley Cigars / Schlesinger's Cigar Bar this evening to meet up with the local S/BOTL.

https://www.facebook.com/Roe-Orchard...4470206596025/

Enjoy everyone and remember to relax during this holiday season....... :chr

Stogieman 11-25-2016 07:06 AM

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's that day after "all the food you can eat day". We had a great day with the house filled with family, tons of food and drink and all. Today, Beth and I will start to transform the house from Fall into the Christmas holiday season. We've got storage buckets to bring up to the attic and a bunch of them to take down. Hopefully I can sneak a cigar in and a couple of cold ones as well. Enjoy everyone........ :D

Stogieman 11-26-2016 06:30 AM

Good morning all, the espresso coffee is on and it's kickin'. Looking like we have some rain in the forecast for today, glad I put the Christmas lights up yesterday and did all the outside work and all. Enjoy your Saturday all, smoke a favorite or two if you get the chance...... :tu

Stogieman 11-28-2016 03:48 AM

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's back to work Monday. Beth and I had a great weekend overall. Got to spend it with friends and family and we also fitted in some relaxation time as well. This week is Army vs. Navy football week, the game is being played on Saturday down in Baltimore which should be a good one. Enjoy your week everyone and Go Army, Beat Navy....... :banger

Stogieman 11-29-2016 03:51 AM

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's looking like we're going to have a couple of days of heavy rain heading our way according to NOAA:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...2#.WD1a8JKfui4

As I stated yesterday in reference to the upcoming Army / Navy football game, I was wrong with the date. It's not for another week as the game is Saturday the 10th. Enjoy everyone and remember to be safe out there....... :pi

Stogieman 11-30-2016 03:46 AM

Good morning all, the coffee is on as always and it's already "Hump Day". Congrats to the NY Rangers as they were down 0 - 2 and came back to win 3 - 2, outstanding. Enjoy everyone...... :cf1

Stogieman 12-01-2016 03:51 AM

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0420 as always and the rain has finally stopped. Today being Thursday, we'll be at Hudson Valley Cigars / Schlesinger's Cigar Bar this evening catching up with ole' friends and smoking primo stogies. Enjoy your day everyone and remember to be safe out there...... :tu

Stogieman 12-02-2016 03:39 AM

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's Friday! We had a good time last night, Schlesinger's was packed and you can tell that Christmas is coming and all. It's gonna be a busy weekend for us starting tonight with a nieces sleepover that Beth always enjoys. Tomorrow, we are going to the West Point Holiday Show at Ike Hall: https://www.facebook.com/events/1119653498091827/ and Sunday we want to put up the Christmas Tree and go to the Cornwall Holiday festival: https://www.facebook.com/events/1269667919736798/. Enjoy everyone and smoke a favorite or two if you get the time...... :D

Stogieman 12-04-2016 06:07 AM

Good morning all, the espresso coffee is on and it's a chilly Sunday morning. Beth and I had a fun day yesterday watching the West Point Holiday Show and then afterwards going out to dinner. Today, we have some running around to do and then stop by the Cornwall Holiday festival. We are putting up the Christmas Tree Wednesday instead, no need to rush and cram everything into one day. Have a great day everyone and enjoy....... :tu

Stogieman 12-05-2016 06:20 AM

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0400 as we (West Point) had an Adverse Weather Conference Call resulting from the snow we got this morning. It's looking like we have another round of snow Tuesday evening into Wednesday, winter is upon us and I can hardly wait until the Spring time is here, LOL. Enjoy your week everyone and remember to be safe out there...... :)

Stogieman 12-06-2016 03:54 AM

Good morning all, the coffee is on as always and it's a brisk 28° outside right now. As Beth and I were talking last night, it could be worse as the folks in the Dakotas are experiencing 12° as we speak. Anyway, enjoy your day everyone and smoke a favorite or two if you get the chance....... :cf1

Stogieman 12-07-2016 03:51 AM

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's "Hump Day". I see that the NY Rangers lost to the NY Islanders 2 - 4 last night, always a tough game against the guys from Long Island. Today is Pearl Harbor Day, please take a moment to remember the 2403 US citizens that were killed in the surprise Japanese attack the morning of December 7th, 1941:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation...emembrance_Day

Have a great day everyone and remember to be safe out there....... :pi

Stogieman 12-09-2016 03:54 AM

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's Friday! We all had a great time last night at Schlesinger's as they hosted their annual Christmas Party. The place was jammed packed, food was great as always, drinks were flowing and top shelf cigars were being smoked. The first 40 guests in the door picked numbers for raffle items (great gifts for sure) which went very quick as the lounge was at it's capacity. Now onto the important stuff, tomorrow is the Army vs. Navy football game, Go Army / Beat Navy! Enjoy everyone and remember to always be safe out there....... :D

Stogieman 12-12-2016 03:46 AM

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's back to work Monday. Congrats to Army for breaking the 14 year streak and finally beating Navy. On the other hand, the Eagles lost to the Redskins and Beth's Jets came back at the end to win. The NY Rangers beat the NJ Devils 5 - 0 giving them 2 shutout games in a row. Enjoy your week everyone and smoke a favorite or two if you get the chance...... :)

Stogieman 12-13-2016 03:43 AM

Good morning all, the coffee is on as always and it's a brisk 28° outside with a wind chill of 18°. Old man winter is definitely here and staying for a while. Have a great day everyone and be safe out there...... :tu

Stogieman 12-14-2016 03:52 AM

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's already "Hump Day". The NY Rangers lost to the Blackhawks 2 - 1 last night, tough game fought on the ice for sure with no scoring in the first or third periods. I hope everyone has a great day and remember to be safe out there with the hustle and bustle of all the holiday shoppers....... :cf1

Stogieman 12-15-2016 03:51 AM

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0420 as always and it's pretty chilly outside. According to NOAA, we have a few days of cold and snow hittin' us:

Today - Isolated snow showers between 10am and 4pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 22. Wind chill values between 5 and 10. Breezy, with a west wind 15 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Tonight - Isolated snow showers between 11pm and 4am. Partly cloudy, with a low around 10. Wind chill values between -5 and 5. Breezy, with a west wind 14 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Friday - Mostly sunny, with a high near 23. Wind chill values between -5 and 5. West wind 5 to 13 mph.

Friday Night - Snow after midnight. Low around 17. Wind chill values between 10 and 15. South wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Saturday - Snow before 10am, then snow and freezing rain between 10am and noon, then rain likely after noon. High near 41. South wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...2#.WFJyYpKfui5

That being said, we'll be at Hudson Valley Cigars / Schlesinger's Cigar Bar this evening enjoying primo stogies and watching the NY Rangers taking on the Dallas Stars. Enjoy everyone and smoke a favorite or two or....... :ss

Stogieman 12-16-2016 03:54 AM

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's Friday! We had a lot of fun last night at Schlesinger's, enjoy primo cigars and a good time. Congrats to the NY Rangers as they won 2 - 0, way to keep the winning season going. I hope everyone has a relaxing weekend and enjoys a favorite or two throughout it....... :D

Stogieman 12-18-2016 06:13 AM

Good Sunday morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's winter wonderland outside. All in all, we got another 6" of white stuff yesterday. Once it was done snowing, I went out with the snow blower and cleaned up the driveway, walkway, path around the house, back patio and trail to the back shed. Knocked it out in record time and off to the cigar shop I went were they were showing ole' Charlie Chan movies all afternoon. We are planning on doing some barbecuing this afternoon while the football games are on and sip on a couple of cold ones as I replaced the keg in the kegerator with Newburgh Brewing NanoBoss Hoppy Session Ale.

http://newburghbrewing.com/year-round/

Enjoy your day all and smoke a favorite if you get the chance...... :tu

Stogieman 12-19-2016 03:59 AM

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's back to work Monday. Beth and I had a great day yesterday checking out a new bistro in Newburgh and then seeing our friends over at the Newburgh Brewery. It's Christmas week and I hope everyone has a festive one and enjoys....... :)

Stogieman 12-20-2016 03:54 AM

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's another brisk morning here in the Hudson Valley. It's currently 7° outside and the weather guessers at NOAA are calling for a sunny day and the temps to reach 33°:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...2#.WFkKvJKfui4

Enjoy everyone and remember to bundle up and dress in layers. Be safe out there...... :banger

Stogieman 12-21-2016 03:50 AM

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's "Hump Day". I see that the NY Rangers got beat big time last night 7 - 2 by the Pittsburgh Penguins, let's hope they bounce back Friday evening against the Minnesota Wild with a win. Enjoy your day everyone and remember to be safe out there....... :cf1

Stogieman 12-22-2016 03:25 AM

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0420 as always and it's getting closer to Christmas. Beth and I nearly finished wrapping all the gifts last night, have to pick up a large gift bag today and the cigars that I'll be gifting won't get wrapped until the day prior. Today being Thursday, we'll be heading over to Hudson Valley Cigars / Schlesinger's Cigar Bar this evening to spread a little joy and smoke a cigar or two. Enjoy everyone and I hope you find the time to smoke a favorite stogie today as well...... :tu

Stogieman 12-23-2016 04:08 AM

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's Friday! We had a good time last night at Schlesinger's, the S/BOTL were out and all. It was good to see the Eagles beat the Giants, can you say spoiler. Tonight we have the NY Rangers on and they need that win to make Christmas special for all. Enjoy everyone and remember to be safe out there....... :D

Stogieman 12-25-2016 07:14 AM

Merry Christmas everyone. The coffee is on and we will be opening the gifts shortly to see what Santa brought. We had a great time at our Niece Amy's house last night, she had her annual Christmas Eve family and friends get together. Today we are going to Beth's sisters house where we will enjoy dinner and all. I hope everyone has a relaxing day as well and be merry....... :tu

shark 12-25-2016 08:20 AM

Methinks Charlie has had too much caffeine already this morning! :noon :noon :noon

Merry Christmas to everyone at Cigar Asylum! Another year older and another year wiser.

Stogieman 12-27-2016 03:55 AM

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0420 and it's back to work Tuesday. Beth and I had a very relaxing day yesterday, sat back and watched TV for the most of it. Getting the house back in order and then preparing to head down to see Jeremy and his wife Christen for the New Year's weekend. Enjoy everyone and remember to be safe out there...... :tu

Stogieman 12-28-2016 03:46 AM

Good morning all, the coffee is on as always and it's "Hump Day". Weather wise, yesterday was nice and warm as Beth had the doors open to let in some fresh air and I barbecued some chicken and sweet potatoes on the grill. Enjoy everyone and smoke a favorite if you get the chance...... :)

Stogieman 12-29-2016 03:58 AM

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's about to start snowing according to NOAA:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...2#.WGTqV5Kfui5

This evening we'll be at Hudson Valley Cigars / Schlesinger's Cigar Bar for the last time in 2016 smoking primo stogies and seeing how all the local S/BOTL are doing. Enjoy everyone and remember to be safe out there....... :ss

Stogieman 12-30-2016 04:00 AM

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0420 and it's Friday! We had a good time last night at Schlesinger's, a number of the regulars were there as well as a few new faces. Congrats to the NY Rangers on their big win last night over Arizona, let's hope they keep it up tomorrow evening against Colorado. The New Years weekend is finally upon us, I hope everyone has a happy and safe one. I wish everyone a prosperous 2017....... :D

Stogieman 01-02-2017 06:48 AM

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's another day courtesy of Uncle Sam. It was great seeing Jeremy and Kristen in Delaware as we as a few of my ole' friends down there. Today will be a college football game day with the barbecue going and all. Enjoy your week everyone and I hope you have a prosperous 2017....... :tu

Stogieman 01-03-2017 03:54 AM

Good morning all, the coffee has been on for a while now and it's back to work Tuesday. Got the outside Christmas lights and stuff done prior to watching some great college bowl games in the afternoon and through the evening. Thank god that we did as the weather guessers at NOAA are calling for rain all day today and then a number of days of colder weather:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...2#.WGuBBJKfui6

Enjoy everyone and remember to stay safe out there...... :banger

Stogieman 01-04-2017 03:59 AM

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's "Hump Day" already. Going to see Sean Keever from Big Guns BBQ this evening at the Newburgh Brewery and try and lock down a date for this year's Quad State Herf. Once we have a date, I'll post it here as well as on Facebook and see how long it takes to fill up (last year it took about 8 hours). Tonight, the NY Rangers take on the Philadelphia Flyers at 2000 (8:00pm), let's root on the Rangers to another win. Have a great day everyone and enjoy...... :)

Stogieman 01-05-2017 03:51 AM

Good morning all, the coffee is on an it's windy and 25° degrees out with a wind chill of 11°. It was good to see Sean and his wife Sabrina yesterday afternoon as well as Paul and the crew at the Newburgh Brewery. We did lock down a date and I'll be posting the sign up with in the next day or two. Congrats to the NY Rangers for beating the Philadelphia Flyers 5 - 2, way to go boys. Well, tonight we'll be at Hudson Valley Cigars / Schlesinger's Cigar Bar to see how everyone is doing in the new year and to smoke a couple of top shelf cigars. Enjoy everyone and remember to be safe out there....... :tu

Stogieman 01-06-2017 03:40 AM

Good morning all, the coffee is on as always and it's Friday! We had a good time last night at Schlesinger's as always, the regulars were there and cigars were burnin'. Enjoy the weekend everyone and smoke a favorite or two if you get the chance....... :cf1

Stogieman 01-09-2017 03:50 AM

Good morning all, the coffee is on as always and it's back to work Monday. We had a good weekend overall, Beth and I are both getting over our colds (just in time as we fly to Nicaragua next weekend), stopped by the cigar shop on Saturday and we stayed in yesterday watching NFL playoff games all afternoon. I hope everyone has a great week and stays warm and enjoys....... :)

Stogieman 01-10-2017 04:00 AM

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0420 and it's another brisk morning here in the Hudson Valley. Currently, it's 10° outside with no wind which actually makes it bearable. Congrats to the Clemson Tigers for coming back in last night's National Championship game and beating the Alabama Crimson Tide 35 - 31. This year, the Tide got rolled! Anyway, enjoy everyone and be safe out there...... :banger

Stogieman 01-11-2017 04:04 AM

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's "Hump Day". Now that the holiday's are over and all, it's time to get everything back in order and start the new year. This weekend, Beth and I will be heading down to Nicaragua for a week of vacation where we'll be relaxing at the Camino Real Hotel http://caminoreal.com.ni/en/ for 3 days and then heading up to Esteli for 4 days touring the Perdomo Cigar factory with Nick and his team. The weather looks great on the long term forecast and we can hardly wait to be back in shorts and sitting by the poolside. Enjoy your day everyone and smoke a favorite if you get the chance....... :ss

Stogieman 01-12-2017 03:58 AM

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0420 and it's Thursday which means we'll be at Hudson Valley Cigars / Schlesinger's Cigar Bar this evening. The weather was great yesterday and it looks like it'll be nicer today so Beth and I will get 2 days of barbecue in this week. Temps drop drastically starting tomorrow evening and remain that way for a while according to NOAA. Anyway, enjoy everyone and remember to stay safe out there...... :tu

Stogieman 01-13-2017 03:59 AM

Good morning all, the Killer Beans coffee is on and it's Friday! We had a fun time at Schlesinger's last night celebrating Ian's birthday and all. Top notch cigars and the cake was tasty as well. Anyway, this weekend we have more NFL playoff games and the NY Rangers are on tonight as well as tomorrow evening. I hope everyone has a good one and enjoys....... :D

Stogieman 01-14-2017 05:43 AM

Good morning all, the espresso coffee is on and today is the day we begin our week journey to Nicaragua. Depends on the areas we'll be in will determine if we get WiFi or not. I'll be checking in when I can and give you all updates as we go. Enjoy your week everyone and remember to be safe out there....... :chr

Stogieman 01-23-2017 03:48 AM

Good morning all and yes, Beth and I had a great time in Nicaragua. The 3 days at the Camino Real hotel in Managua was very relaxing and the Perdomo cigar tour and Esteli was outstanding. Both locations we stayed at had great food, drinks and cigars and the weather was spot on. It's good to be home and now it's time to get back to work. Enjoy everyone and hope you have a great week........ :)

Stogieman 01-24-2017 03:50 AM

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0415 because we had a scheduled adverse weather conference call here at West Point resulting in a "Code Red" until 1000 (10am):

https://usagwestpointroadconditions....onditions.html

Congrats to the NY Rangers as they beat the LA Kings 3 - 2. Have a great day everyone and definitely be careful out there....... :tu

Stogieman 01-25-2017 03:20 AM

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's already "Hump Day". The bad weather pattern has moved out and the weather guessers are predicting a mostly sunny day with the temps in the mid 40s. The NY Rangers are taking on the Philadelphia Flyers tonight at home which should be a good one. Enjoy everyone and smoke a favorite if you get the chance....... :ss

Stogieman 01-26-2017 03:43 AM

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's looking like we have some rain coming our way today. I see that the NY Rangers lost to the Flyers last night 2 - 0, it's always a tough game taking on Philadelphia and all. Being that today is Thursday, we'll be at Hudson Valley Cigars / Schlesinger's Cigar Bar this evening enjoying primo stogies and seeing how all the locals are doing. I hope you all have a great day and get the chance to smoke a favorite or two as well....... :cf1