Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   "beaters" or "yard-gars" (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=26247)

borndead1 12-19-2009 12:26 PM

Re: "beaters" or "yard-gars"

La Vieja Habana.

They are short filler cigars but pretty well constructed, nice flavor, 4 different wrappers, and can be had DIRT CHEAP on C-Bid. :ss

Starscream 12-19-2009 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by borndead1 (Post 686636)
La Vieja Habana.

They are short filler cigars but pretty well constructed, nice flavor, 4 different wrappers, and can be had DIRT CHEAP on C-Bid. :ss

I love these!:tu Despite all the Drew Estate negativity, this is a great line put out by J. Drew.

JJG 12-19-2009 01:42 PM

somebody mentioned the Perdomo Lot 23s in another thread. I got a few in a trade once and thought they were excellent.

acarr 12-19-2009 02:21 PM

For those that mention the TS 500 bundles, do you get the maduro or natural?

montecristo#2 12-19-2009 03:01 PM

I might go with the Padron Londres or the Benchmade.

Just ordered a couple of the Tabacos Baez SF to see how they taste, I have heard good things.

bobarian 12-19-2009 03:06 PM

One of my current favorites is Ambos Mundos. :tu

thebiglebowski 12-19-2009 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Langod (Post 686350)
What all do you guys smoke whilst working outside?
With winter having arrived and most of the East Coast being slammed (or about to be) with a Northeaster, what's a good snow-blowing cigar?
In the summer, I might go with something like a Punch Champion (about $5), but in the winter, you're taking the chance of it getting wet from snow. So even a $5 cigar might be a waste of money.
So what's really cheap, and a decent smoke?

i'm sorry. i can't stop staring at your avatar. what did you say?

Blueface 12-20-2009 09:59 AM

I couldn't help but remember this thread and come post before running outside.
I need to do some weeding as due to all the rain lately and not having mulched enough, I am being overtaken by them. Want to get it done before the games start at 1.

So...............went in my humi and thought to myself, what do I want to enjoy while I entertain myself walking around outside on a nippy South Florida day (blistery 57 degrees with a high of only 66 - sure hope I don't freeze with only a t-shirt:r)?

Will let you guys know what I think of that Padron 40th I happened to forget I had and just stumbled on. Can't understand what the heck a Padron Anni is doing in my humidor with my self imposed burn them all directive.:r

Kreth 12-20-2009 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueface (Post 687842)
while I entertain myself walking around outside on a nippy South Florida day (blistery 57 degrees with a high of only 66 - sure hope I don't freeze with only a t-shirt:r)?

Is there some sort of residency agreement that requires Floridians to make statements like this? My dad retired to the Tampa area and he's always saying stuff like, "Got down in the 50s last night, had to put on long sleeves." :r
Posted via Mobile Device

eber 12-20-2009 11:53 AM

I really like the Victor Sinclair 10th ann., you can get them on C bid for ~$2 per stick and they always burn well and taste good IMO

Titan410 12-20-2009 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red (Post 686383)
id rather do all the labor, then enjoy a really good cigar when im all done!

I'm with you Red!

Kreth 12-20-2009 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eber (Post 687987)
I really like the Victor Sinclair 10th ann., you can get them on C bid for ~$2 per stick and they always burn well and taste good IMO

I've liked most of the VS sticks I've tried, even the Series 55 (except maybe the Cameroon). The Triple Corojo is part of my go-to rotation. I'd like to try the Reserve Maduro, but not bad enough to deal with Thompson's.
Posted via Mobile Device