Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Island (The other ones) Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   New World Toro (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=70162)

badbriar 08-29-2015 09:33 PM

New World Toro

AJ Fernandez New World Toro Cigar in 6.5 x 55 is a generous box press cigar. Gorgeous construction with a dark brown, oily wrapper. Not sure exactly what the wrapper is - described as a dark Nicaraguan wrapper - not a lot of help. Probably Habano. I have had only two of these for reviewing. The first, being right out of a newly opened box, was horrible. The second had been put away for about 5-6 months and was smooth, creamy and delish! What a difference a bit of mellowing makes! Burn was great on both, as were the draws. AJ makes great sticks and I like most of his line. This proved to be the one of the best, along with the San Lotano Maduro. Loads of flavors - leather, baking spices, nuts, cedar, mild citrus, earthiness, pepper. Excellent cigar. I finally found the something-other-than-maduro cigar I had been looking for. I'm stocking up on this gem. :tu

JohnnyFlake 08-30-2015 12:26 PM

Re: New World Toro

That sounds exactly like the kind of stick I would enjoy a lot. I may have to try a few.

Porch Dweller 08-30-2015 05:28 PM

Nice review, Rob! Like you, I was less than impressed with the one I had. But based on your review I'll probably pick another up and give it a long nap before trying again.

RJrocker 09-17-2015 02:57 PM

Nice perspective. I've had the New World, darn enjoyable cigar.

badbriar 09-17-2015 08:04 PM

Recently picked up a few more, dated them and put them away for a few months sleep. :tu

Dux 09-18-2015 08:04 AM

I'm looking forward to the enclave by Aj Fernandez! I really enjoyed the new world line however the Enclave just sounds delish!!

Wharf Rat 09-18-2015 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dux (Post 2054057)
I'm looking forward to the enclave by Aj Fernandez! I really enjoyed the new world line however the Enclave just sounds delish!!

Enclave is slap your Mama good!

badbriar 09-25-2015 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dux (Post 2054057)

Talked me into it! Picked up a few and put them away for a later treat. Thanks! :tu

Dux 09-28-2015 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badbriar (Post 2055080)
Talked me into it! Picked up a few and put them away for a later treat. Thanks! :tu

Awesome :tu

oldforge 10-15-2015 01:42 AM

I think both the Enclave and New World need some rest.