Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Good Eats (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Your last meal? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6131)

Darrell 02-27-2009 11:34 PM

Re: Your last meal?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjing (Post 119690)
appetizer: 2 doz raw assorted oysters, slices of fresh Toro

main: some type of Kobe beef or bone in prime rib with creamed spinach and potato with all the fixins

dessert: probably a crem brule

cigar: hell if i'm dyin i'd like to try a cuban :ss

Never had a Cuban, eh Greg? :D

icehog3 02-27-2009 11:43 PM

Appetizers: Oysters Rockefeller, Stone Crab claws, fresh Calamari, Alaskan King Crab legs, Scallops, Crawfish, Paella, and any other seafood I can think of.

Main Course: Double-thick Porterhouse steak, Angel Hair pasta with Vodka sauce, Portillo's chilidogs and fries, chicken tacos and chicken pad thai.

Dessert: Fresh blueberry pie with french vanilla ice cream and oreo cookies.

Liquor: Stoli martini, Centario rum, Graham's 1977 Porto.

Cigars: 1492 and a Don Candido 502.

Yes, Sean, I want to die the same way I lived......full. :r

taltos 02-28-2009 03:32 AM

Tom, you know, if you smoked a Cremosa or a Gurhka, the authorities would probaby take pity on you and commute the sentence. Of course the cigars would have to come from a b&m and get rated by a legendary rating system.:D

icehog3 02-28-2009 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taltos (Post 262076)
Tom, you know, if you smoked a Cremosa or a Gurhka, the authorities would probaby take pity on you and commute the sentence. Of course the cigars would have to come from a b&m and get rated by a legendary rating system.:D

Paul, that gives me pause to reflect on my possibly hasty statement that "I wouldn't smoke another Gurkha if my life depended on it". :r :r

Tio Gato 03-01-2009 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boonedoggle (Post 117492)
Almost exclusively cajun prepared dishes. I would try to find a cigar with perique tobacco in it:cb

Here's a yummy cigar with perique in it, just in case you commit some capital offense.;)
http://www.cvtobacco.com/Templates/Mysteriosos.html

Tio Gato 03-01-2009 07:20 AM

This is a great thread, I think of this once in a while and everytime I do my choices get simpler and simpler.

1st course-- A dozen oysters from Martha's Vineyard

2nd course-- A steamed lobster, hard shell, with melted butter

Beverage-- Bud cans that have sat over night in ice

Cigar-- The 15 year old RyJ Churchill Tubos that was gifted to me.

Some news reports of executions I've read indicate that many prisons have limits on what the "quest of honor" can have. $20.00 worth of food and no booze is one that I've heard. So if I had to limit my selection to 20 bucks, I'd have 20 dollars worth of good quality bacon.

acruce 03-01-2009 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun (Post 114891)
Easy, I've thought about this before. Doesn't really matter what order they come out in, as long as they all come out and I get a chance to eat.

My menu:
Boiled crawfish, crabs, and shrimp.
Fried oysters and hush puppies.
T-bone steak (medium rare or course).
Beef hot tamales in the corn husk.
Artichoke and oyster soup.
Pepperoni pizza.
Stuffed bell pepper.
Popeye's fried chicken with their oinion rings.
McDonalds double quarter pounder with fries.
Watermellon.
Blue bell home-made vanilla ice cream.

As far as the smoke goes, well it would have to be a Montecristo, any size would be good.

After eating all of that food, I would probably succomb to a bad case of heart burn/ indigestion, on my own terms................ not theirs.:ss

Man you would be eating your last meal for a week.:ss

LasciviousXXX 06-12-2011 11:40 AM

Thought I'd revisit this thread and maybe bump it up for the new guys :tu

This is a topic I love discussing and I really enjoy seeing what everyone chooses.

racerX 06-12-2011 12:00 PM

App - Volcano Roll/Godzilla Roll from Sinju Sushi in Oregon paired with Pearl Nigori Sake
Dinner - Chicago Deep Dish Meat Pizza from Giordano's paired with Mt. Veeder Cab
Desert - Black Forest cake
Cigar - Aged OpusX or Cuban Monte with Ron Zacapa Rum

jjirons69 06-14-2011 08:25 AM

Appetizer - Beer battered mushrooms with homemade ranch.
Meal - Perfectly seasoned, medium rare 16 oz. ribeye (seared to perfection), mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, and a few of my mom's pickled beets.
Dessert - Big helping of my aunt's banana pudding (with Nilla wafers)
Cigar - ERDM Grandes de Espana with some years on it.

Big kiss from my wife and a big double handful ass-grab.

Pull on three...

Edit - $20 limit - Fried chicken from Popeyes as a substitute for the steak. The rest should squeeze in the budget.

bigdix 06-14-2011 08:42 AM

Seared Foie Gras and brioche toast
2 Dozen Folly River oysters on the half shell
my Grandmothers fried chicken
Double Jameson, neat
Trini Reyes and...a Marlboro red. Put me to bed.

OLS 06-14-2011 08:52 AM

God I hope it's muff

ChicagoWhiteSox 07-18-2011 11:04 PM

App- dozen Belon Oysters, real Belon, nothing comes close to Belon. Pan seared Foie Gras medallions with Dow's 1977 Port reduction sauce. Fresh baked French bread, fresh French butter, and cheese. Wine will be a 1928 Krug.

Main- Seared 32 oz. 45 day dry aged bone in Filet Mignon, topped with fresh black truffle butter. Mashed potatoes with fresh black truffle oil. Baked asparagus with parmesan, white truffle mac and cheese baked. Again, fresh baked French bread and cheeses to follow. Wine will be a 1945 Chateau Lafite Rothschild. Beer, fresh Hopslam.

Dessert- Rich chocolate cake with fresh made vanilla ice cream, along with fresh made dark chocolate truffles, from Teuscher. Can we have someone in France make this meal for me special??:D Wines, 1998 Pol Roger Winston Churchill. Beer, 2008 Dark Lord

Cigar- hmm, maybe a mid 90's Sir Winston, or 1492. Wine, 1997 Salon. Scotch, Highland Park 18.

This would change on a daily basis.:r

Blak Smyth 07-19-2011 05:19 AM

2 $.99 tacos from Jack in the box
Double Double from In'n'out (no tomatoes)
Lion Roll Sushi
Spicy sausage stuffed shells
Ny Strip cooked in butter
Coffee
(Don't have a "Last meal" cigar yet)

Apoco 07-19-2011 06:55 AM

Appetizer - Baked macaroni made by mom (gotta have food to allow you to reminisce, right?)
Main course - Montecristo (deep friend ham and cheese sandwich w/ powdered sugar and raspberry dipping sauce) & onion rings
Dessert - Cookie cake with a solid layer of icing. None of this "what do you want written" crap - just slather the thing in icing :dr

Cigar - Padron Milennium

With all of this I request 2 drinks. These drinks are seperate and never to be mixed or else my last action in life is to kill the server :r
Diet Coke (Fountain drink style)
Glenn Fiddich 50 year old scotch (I figure if the 30 is delicious this had better be slap-my-momma good)
Posted via Mobile Device

longknocker 07-19-2011 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chippewastud79 (Post 114777)
Appetizer: Fried food medley - Wings, cheese sticks, pickles, onion rings, anything that could be deep-fried and plenty of ranch sauce to dip it in.
Drink: Plenty of cold beer

Main Course: A pile of seafood, Lobster, king crab, rock crab, giant shrimp, sashimi fish, oysters, and plenty of melted butter and coctail sauce.
Drink: Either Belvedere and cranberry juice or Crown Royal Reserve and Cola

Dessert: Angel food cake, strawberries and whipped topping

Final Cigar: A Cohiba Behike, that way if it sucked, I could have something else to be upset about. :hn

I'll Vote With Adam! :dr :D

neoflex 07-19-2011 07:15 AM

I'll probably be boring for most but for the app I would take Oysters Rockafeller, with Lasagna and Meatballs for my main course. Dessert would consist of a giant piece of Napoleon and my after dinner smoke would probably be a Liga T-52.

Subvet642 07-19-2011 07:17 AM

Kidneys, fava beans and a nice chianti.

Either that or two Big Macs, 20 McNuggets with the hot mustard sauce and a chocolate shake.

T.G 07-19-2011 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subvet642 (Post 1342056)
Kidneys, fava beans and a nice chianti.

You're not much for liver, eh?

Subvet642 07-19-2011 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.G (Post 1342062)
You're not much for liver, eh?

Did I get it wrong? OK, liver.