Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Island (The other ones) Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Maria Mancini Magic Mountain Maduro (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=22414)

kelmac07 09-30-2009 11:17 PM

Maria Mancini Magic Mountain Maduro

Maria Mancini Magic Mountain Maduro

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/v...o/IMG_1004.jpg

Origin: Honduras
Length: 6.00
Ring: 54
Strength: Medium
Wrapper Color: Dark Brown
Wrapper Type: Costa Rica
Binder: Honduras
Filler: Nicaragua
Shape: Pyramid Square Pressed
Duration: 70 minutes
Beverage: Diet Pepsi

Construction: This has a milk chocolate wrapper. It was very appealing to the eye. It was smooth with a few noticable veins.

Burn: The burn was excellent. It required one minor touch-up. It first ashed at 1 inch, then about every 1/2 - 3/4 inch after that. This cigar burned pretty slow.

Smoke: This cigar gave off a ton of thick smoke.

Flavor
1st Third:
Very leathery, dry taste filled my mouth. Not complex at all. Wondering how I'm gonna finish this stick. Not digging it at all.

2nd Third:
Leathery taste begins to fade and a faint hint of light cocoa hits my palate. Not overwhelming, but enough to knock the dry, leathery taste away.

Last Third:
Cocoa becomes more prevelant and the leather taste is gone. Reminds me of a dark chocolate Hersey bar. Hints of sweet and bitter blend very nicely.

Conclusion: I didn't expect much from this value maduro. It surprised me. I try hard not to compare value maduros to one of my favorite value sticks...Tampa Sweetheart #500s. After the initial push, this stick turned out to be not bad at all. I would definetly call this a mild cigar...more mild than I perfer my maduros. A great value stick and very affordable. I would burn this stick while cutting the grass, but not sitting down to enjoy a stick for the evening.

MedicCook 09-30-2009 11:20 PM

Re: Maria Mancini Magic Mountain Maduro

Thanks for the review Mac. That is quite the name.

s15driftking 10-01-2009 06:53 AM

Thanks for the review, i really enjoy those!

Skywalker 10-01-2009 07:15 AM

Excellent review!!!

With a name like Maria Mancini Magic Mountain Maduro, I would have high expectations!!!

Thanks Mac!!!
:tu

papajohn67 10-01-2009 01:48 PM

MM's can be a great smoke with age....lot's of age.

The Poet 10-01-2009 02:20 PM

I smoked a bunch of MMMMs back in the day, but moved on - not because I didn't like them, I just moved on. I traded my last sampler to big a (Andrew) a while back because he was actually looking for them, and I wasn't planning on smoking them anytime soon myself.

Nice review of a nice cheap cigar.

s15driftking 10-01-2009 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Poet (Post 577682)
I smoked a bunch of MMMMs back in the day, but moved on - not because I didn't like them, I just moved on. I traded my last sampler to big a (Andrew) a while back because he was actually looking for them, and I wasn't planning on smoking them anytime soon myself.

Nice review of a nice cheap cigar.

i believe Big A got wood for them from me.

Kel, im glad you enjoyed it a little bit, if i steered you wrogn i'll gladly buy the rest off of you.

big a 10-01-2009 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s15driftking (Post 577765)
i believe Big A got wood for them from me.

Kel, im glad you enjoyed it a little bit, if i steered you wrogn i'll gladly buy the rest off of you.

That is correct, I got my first one from Bob and havn't looked back. Great review and :tu for a great cigar.

Riff Raff 10-01-2009 03:28 PM

It is a great review and a good quality smoke for an inexpensive cigar. I have a few left in my humi!

Bax 10-01-2009 03:42 PM

I've got a few MM's with a couple years on them if anyone wants to check one out.

Adriftpanda 10-01-2009 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skywalker (Post 576940)
Excellent review!!!

With a name like Maria Mancini Magic Mountain Maduro, I would have high expectations!!!

Thanks Mac!!!
:tu

Nice looking stick as well.

tobii3 10-01-2009 08:57 PM

Confirmed, certified, validated and dedicated Maria Mancini whore.

:banger

Aldebaran 10-02-2009 03:35 AM

Ill admit the ridiculous name of the cigar sparked my interest in reading this review.

Good review. I support anyone who writes a review on a value/bundle/cheap-o cigar.

timo 10-02-2009 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bax (Post 577825)
I've got a few MM's with a couple years on them if anyone wants to check one out.

I'll trade for one:ss

kenstogie 10-02-2009 07:15 AM

I have a 10 pack of these with some age 5 years or so and I really liked them they are not a powerhouse and can't stand up to a stout but are quite good.

OHRD 10-02-2009 01:20 PM

Great review; the final third of the smoke sounded great

s15driftking 10-02-2009 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthewjmichael (Post 579632)
Great review; the final third of the smoke sounded great

then how about you buy me a fiver... I'l lsmoke them down to about 1/3... and send them to you so you can enjoy the pinnacle of the cigar? lol

OHRD 10-02-2009 02:25 PM

Dude, you think I want to put my mouth on your cigar, after lookin' at the smurf profile pic!!!

poriggity 10-07-2009 08:56 AM

Nice review.. MM's are great with age on them, in my experience. I really need to pick up a box to age...
Scott

s15driftking 10-07-2009 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthewjmichael (Post 579708)
Dude, you think I want to put my mouth on your cigar, after lookin' at the smurf profile pic!!!

what?