Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Someday someone new (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2041)

Da Klugs 10-22-2008 08:51 AM

Someday someone new

....is going to look at the member list join dates and say... hmmm how the heck did that happen?

Did aliens release captive smokers back into the asylum?
Is this an elaborate scheme set-up to get me to send first?
Are these really individual members or just one hyperactive guy with a personality disorder?

;)

mikeyj23 10-22-2008 08:59 AM

Re: Someday someone new

I've thought about this too. I always thought it was fun to look through the members list on the old board by date and see who was still around, etc. 11 years from now when some young asylum member is doing the same thing they'll say "what the hell, all these people joined the same day? bizarre."

Mr.Maduro 10-22-2008 09:05 AM

Wait til all the anniversary threads start popping up.... :hn :D

leasingthisspace 10-22-2008 09:05 AM

I think it a good thing. In 10 years when I am a FOG on the site we will be look back to the start of this wonderful home we have now.

yourchoice 10-22-2008 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Maduro (Post 27214)

Oh my! I hadn't thought of that. :r

Beer Doctor 10-22-2008 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Da Klugs (Post 27172)
....is going to look at the member list join dates and say... hmmm how the heck did that happen?

Did aliens release captive smokers back into the asylum?
Is this an elaborate scheme set-up to get me to send first?
Are these really individual members or just one hyperactive guy with a personality disorder?

;)

Everyone that joined up in Oct 08 will be considered the original refugees. We're CS expatriots:tu The story will become legend like the origin of the word "herf."

I can't click on your sig line, I think it's broke:confused::r

livwire68 10-22-2008 09:12 AM

Thought about this the other day also. Will they think it was some massive cult following (it was :ss), is the FBI checking us out now? Maybe I need to re-inforce my tin foil hat. Glad to be part of it. Thanks to all who made it happen!

poker 10-22-2008 09:16 AM

It will be a testament as to how many folks sought refuge during October 2008 due to various reasons, but one reason in particular.

loki 10-22-2008 09:20 AM

well fr you dave the last point in your post it could be true

massphatness 10-22-2008 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Da Klugs (Post 27172)
elaborate scheme

Just a guess, but I'm hypothesizing there may be one person who would use these exact words.

Sancho 10-22-2008 09:26 AM

Quote:

Perhaps a yearly herf will need to be thrown in October to comemorate new beginnings....

JKim 10-22-2008 09:27 AM

11 years from now forums as we know them today won't exist. Prepare yourself for something completely different.

macms 10-22-2008 09:30 AM

This is a rare phenomenon it seems to me, at least in my life experience. I can't think of a time where a large group made a collective decision and acted decisively like us. And so effortlessly. There have always been splinter groups who break away from organizations, but this is atypical and amazing to witness.

icehog3 10-22-2008 10:39 AM

Quote:

Oh, Crap! :r

Quote:

Originally Posted by leasingthisspace (Post 27215)
I think it a good thing. In 10 years when I am a FOG on the site we will be look back to the start of this wonderful home we have now.

You all are Charter Inmates....I think it's cool. :)

Ironman 10-22-2008 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poker (Post 27240)
It will be a testament as to how many folks sought refuge during October 2008 due to various reasons, but one reason in particular.

I think it's more a testament to the team of 11 and the amount of us that they have touched and the respect that they have built throughout the years!

King James 10-22-2008 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macms (Post 27279)
This is a rare phenomenon it seems to me, at least in my life experience. I can't think of a time where a large group made a collective decision and acted decisively like us. And so effortlessly. There have always been splinter groups who break away from organizations, but this is atypical and amazing to witness.

Well said.

I said before it happened, Jon or anyone for that matter can't take 'CS" from the members....all he can take is a web addy.

mrreindeer 10-22-2008 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKim (Post 27269)
11 years from now forums as we know them today won't exist. Prepare yourself for something completely different.

Yeah, I'm with Scott, we're going in on www.2girls1puff.com now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 27412)
You all are Charter Inmates....I think it's cool. :)

Agreed! :tu

Hey Kelly - Did you see my post about the Gurkha event in Pedro this Friday? I'll probably be there...

poker 10-22-2008 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrreindeer (Post 27425)

Hey Kelly - Did you see my post about the Gurkha event in Pedro this Friday? I'll probably be there...

I have a dinner date Friday, but I "may" be able to swing by. If I bring her with me, hands off! LOL!:r

ahc4353 10-22-2008 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironman (Post 27413)
I think it's more a testament to the team of 11 and the amount of us that they have touched and the respect that they have built throughout the years!

(Insert, I'm With Stupid Guy here)
I'm so happy we have guys here that can put to words what I fail miserably at.

GKitty 10-22-2008 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironman (Post 27413)

I've been touched?!?!?! Should I make a report? :hn

Seriously though, this is what I see as the motivation for a group of random people to act in concert.