Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Island (The other ones) Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Cruzado & Illusione (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=10332)

dillio 02-15-2009 01:53 PM

Cruzado & Illusione

I had a Cruzado a couple weeks back. I thought it was one dimensional but constructed well. Not very exciting. Maybe they were too fresh.

Illusione is in my regular rotation. I was pumped about Cruzado but felt a little let down(sorry Dion).

My B&M sells the Cruzado for about $2.50 more than the Illusione, $10.50.

What are your thoughts inmates :confused:

groogs 02-15-2009 02:24 PM

Re: Cruzado & Illusione

They both seem very similar to me, but the Cruzados does seem to pick up after the half way point. If I had to choose one or the other I would go with the Cruzado.

BillyCigars 02-15-2009 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dillio (Post 236571)
I had a Cruzado a couple weeks back. I thought it was one dimensional but constructed well. Not very exciting. Maybe they were too fresh.

Illusione is in my regular rotation. I was pumped about Cruzado but felt a little let down(sorry Dion).

My B&M sells the Cruzado for about $2.50 more than the Illusione, $10.50.

What are your thoughts inmates :confused:

I feel the exact same way about the Cruzado line. Between the 2 for me, Illusione wins.

ChINaMaN1472 02-15-2009 04:41 PM

Cruzado is a pretty good cigar overall. I don't think it's a superior stick to the regular line (MK is my fave from Illusione), but by no means a bad stick.

Definitely try it again if you thought it was too fresh.

rizzle 02-15-2009 06:01 PM

So far, the Illusiones I've had have been underwhelming to say the least. I've had a 68, and an mk, and have found myself hoping that each would develop as I smoked them. I've got a couple of hl's and a cg4 resting. I'm hoping for the best or other wise I'm probably done with that line.

Weird too, because I've heard sooooo many people speak highly of them. I haven't gotten around to a Cruzado yet.

elderboy02 02-15-2009 06:43 PM

I like the Illusione's better.

Skywalker 02-15-2009 09:40 PM

Please don't ask me to make a decision!!!

I enjoy both equally!
;)

BryanB 02-16-2009 12:49 PM

Cruzados are awesome until you compare them to Illusione.

renton20 02-16-2009 02:47 PM

Love em' both but I gotta give the nod to the cruzado. Lately I've been enjoying more sticks that don't have a big nic kick with all the flavor of their more powerful brethren. The cruzado fits that bill perfectly for me

kfish 02-16-2009 03:58 PM

:tpd:
Quote:

Originally Posted by renton20 (Post 238448)
Love em' both but I gotta give the nod to the cruzado. Lately I've been enjoying more sticks that don't have a big nic kick with all the flavor of their more powerful brethren. The cruzado fits that bill perfectly for me

Ratters 02-16-2009 05:35 PM

Wow, I smoke both but I LOVE the Cruzado. I find the Marelas to be incredibly tasty and complex. Some of the larger sizes less so. As for the Illusiones I prefer the no. 2 followed by the cg4. Funny thing is I found the Cruzado to be more powerful than the Illusiones. :confused:

vudu9 02-16-2009 07:10 PM

Great comments one and all. It all comes down to personal preference.

Cruzado = Criollo blend
illusione = Corojo blend

Dion

jwintosh 02-16-2009 07:17 PM

tough choice. i've only had a couple of the cruzados and loved them! i thoroughly enjoy the illusiones, with the HL being my fav.... i think i'll light one up!

mcmoyer 02-20-2009 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwintosh (Post 239060)
tough choice. i've only had a couple of the cruzados and loved them! i thoroughly enjoy the illusiones, with the HL being my fav.... i think i'll light one up!

I just broke open a box of the HL's & spent an hour and a half with one...what a great smoke!!

:ss

Skywalker 02-20-2009 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmoyer (Post 246701)
I just broke open a box of the HL's & spent an hour and a half with one...what a great smoke!!

:ss

One of my favorites... if not the favorite!!!