Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Tim Tebow CHOOSES the Jets! (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=54481)

emopunker2004 03-21-2012 07:47 PM

Tim Tebow CHOOSES the Jets!

I find it interesting that in the end Denver let him choose between the Jets and the Jags. He chose the Jets. I wonder how all the local Tebow lovers are going to respond to this one...

Taki 03-21-2012 07:51 PM

Re: Tim Tebow CHOOSES the Jets!

Tebow sucks! I will just say that! He will never be a starting QB in the NFL....however wait till Sanchez throws 1 pick and we will see all the Tebow fans in NY come out of the woodwork crying for him to start! Wish he would have ended up in FL though....would have been better for him than NY, he will get eaten alive in NY!

MedicCook 03-21-2012 08:10 PM

Now the Jets have 2 QB's that can't complete a pass.

emopunker2004 03-21-2012 08:12 PM

I won't go as far to say he sucks. I will say his skill set was suited better to college than the NFL. However, I think he could have put asses in the seat and sold alot of merch for the Jags. :2

smitty81 03-21-2012 08:36 PM

Dont know how much truth there is to this but i just herd that the jets didnt follow through with the trade. I also herd the rams are lookin at him......can anyone else confirm?

Pseudosacred 03-21-2012 08:40 PM

Anything is better than Sanchez. The Jets do need to shape up. On paper, they are stacked. On the field, they suck. It's mostly because Shaun Greene is a bum and Sanchez is well...awful. If they put Tebow in an offense that suits him, he will do wonders.

emopunker2004 03-21-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty81 (Post 1596514)
Dont know how much truth there is to this but i just herd that the jets didnt follow through with the trade. I also herd the rams are lookin at him......can anyone else confirm?

Jets were not going to follow through because they would have had to pay some money to the Broncos based on Tebows contract. They paid half, the Jags offered too. Denver let him pick between them and chose NY

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...013648432.html

icehog3 03-21-2012 10:08 PM

And on come the haters. :rolleyes:

shilala 03-21-2012 10:53 PM

The Jets problem is that they are a reflection of their classless, crude, poor work ethic, loudmouth, silothenly, egomaniac coach. If that team can stand anything, it's some Tim Tebow. He may not be a four star NFL QB yet, but he certainly knows how to carry himself with dignity, class, and respect. All things the Jets are sorely lacking, and things that will add some cohesion to the club if they rub off.
This trade tanked, by the way. Their was contract verbage that would have cost the Jets 5 million in bonuses paid Tebow. That came out later in the day and stopped negotiations. Whether they'll work through it or not remains to be seen, but I look for Jacksonvolle to make a play. Their owner is a bit goofy and I think he'll chance ruining Gabbard given the opportunity to sell seats and jerseys,
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pseudosacred (Post 1596519)
Anything is better than Sanchez. The Jets do need to shape up. On paper, they are stacked. On the field, they suck. It's mostly because Shaun Greene is a bum and Sanchez is well...awful. If they put Tebow in an offense that suits him, he will do wonders.

chachee52 03-22-2012 07:01 AM

I agree that Tebow will never be a starting QB in a long term situation. Teams can firure out quickly that he runs the option and will play that every time. Tebow wasn't a skilled "QB" in college, and he ranks something like 35th out of the 32 teams in QB ranking last year with Denver. I am still a little suprised that the Jets picked him, I would have thought Miami would have gone a little harder after him.
I am still a little confused about how Denver thinks that Manning will play for 5 yrs!! I am still a little doubtful that he will play after what he's had done. And if he does how paocket shy he will be.
Just goes to show what I said all last year, every time you looked at Elway you could tell he did not like Tebow as a QB at all!!!

taltos 03-22-2012 07:17 AM

The Jests continue to be a constant source of entertainment for Pats fans. I wonder when the front office will figure out that $20 million in salary for 2 quarterbacks does not equal 1 $20 million quarterback.:r:r

VirtualSmitty 03-22-2012 07:52 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMK9FKMG3Nc

Good for the Jets. I like it, especially being a Giants fan :r

fhrblig 03-22-2012 09:04 AM

As I said to another person yesterday, it's just crazy enough to work.

Take it from someone who saw it first-hand the last two seasons: throws-ugly-but-wins is a hell of a lot more fun to watch than throws-pretty-but-loses.

smitty81 03-22-2012 09:14 AM

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...it_jets_032112

They are talking about how Tebow will be used in a wild cat offense.

I see one problem with this. Every time Tebow is in to play, they will know whats coming.

Parshooter 03-22-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty81 (Post 1596843)
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...it_jets_032112

They are talking about how Tebow will be used in a wild cat offense.

I see one problem with this. Every time Tebow is in to play, they will know whats coming.

Pretty much, but he can complete a short pass most of the time, which does give an option most wild cat backs don't have.
Will be interesting to see how the Jets use him. As bad as Sanchez is, Tebow won't be threatening his job.

smitty81 03-22-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parshooter (Post 1596846)
Pretty much, but he can complete a short pass most of the time, which does give an option most wild cat backs don't have.
Will be interesting to see how the Jets use him. As bad as Sanchez is, Tebow won't be threatening his job.

What other back up QB's run the wildcat?

Parshooter 03-22-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty81 (Post 1596849)
What other back up QB's run the wildcat?

Huh? Don't think there are any.

smitty81 03-22-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parshooter (Post 1596850)
Huh? Don't think there are any.

I guess what I was getting at is that the other QB's that run the wildcat in the NFL can throw way better than Tebow. Not saying hes a tom brady but Vick comes to mind.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parshooter (Post 1596846)

Did you mean running backs?

smitty81 03-22-2012 09:29 AM

delete

Parshooter 03-22-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty81 (Post 1596851)
I guess what I was getting at is that the other QB's that run the wildcat in the NFL can throw way better than Tebow. Not saying hes a tom brady but Vick comes to mind.

Did you mean running backs?

Right, I wasn't thinking of qbs running the wc but other position players.