Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Accessory Discussion / Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Deal Extreme Experience (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=67171)

Stevez 07-15-2014 05:54 AM

Deal Extreme Experience

I ordered some inexpensive lighters a month ago from Deal Extreme. They charged my card and I received a shipping notice with tracking number. It doesn't tell me anything but that it's shipped (said this a month ago). I understand that they are in Hong Kong and haven't tried calling, but has anyone else experienced this with them? I've heard many people reference using them, and it's not much money for sure, just the principal. Do they take this long to ship normally? Thanks.

longknocker 07-15-2014 06:11 AM

Re: Deal Extreme Experience

2 Months For Me, Steve. Good Lighters, IMO. Give Them A Few More Weeks.:tu

stearns 07-15-2014 06:33 AM

Best bet is to try to forget about it, then one day you get a surprise in the mail :tu

czerbe 07-15-2014 07:21 AM

I have bought lighters from them in the past and it was at least 6 weeks. But for the money you can't beat them. I say hang in there and wait a few more weeks.

CigarNut 07-15-2014 07:50 AM

As an FYI -- many items that are shipped from China are shipped to the US by cargo ship. Really. It takes at least 30 days (or more!) for the transit and Customs. Once your package passes Customs then it only takes a few more days.

HollywoodQue 07-15-2014 09:32 AM

Usually several weeks, but was truly satisfied when I got my lighters. Just wait and they will show up when you have finally forgotten about them.

markem 07-15-2014 09:55 AM

It can be frustrating waiting for items in a world long used to overnight shipping, but remember that they are shipping you a $2.50 lighter for free from the other side of the Pacific Ocean.

Still, it irks me when it takes a long time but I look at it this way: it isn't a large dollar amount, so it isn't really missed, and when it finally arrives, it's like Xmas all over again! ;)

Probably the main reason that I buy many at one shot. Down to less than 10 so need to slow down on the give-aways.

Ashcan Bill 07-15-2014 12:53 PM

Yeah, they are literally on a slow boat from China. I've had one or two items that were back ordered that took several months. But I've always eventually received everything. And for the price, I don't exactly lay awake at night sweating over it. :D

Stevez 07-15-2014 02:53 PM

Thanks all very much. Really don't mind waiting, just curious if I should ever expect them to come. Knowing that this is "normal" makes me comfortable it will be worth it. Thanks again.

jpb437 07-15-2014 10:28 PM

This site has ridiculously low prices for all kinds of little gadgets. I just spent a good 15 minutes flipping though all kinds of random stuff on there.

Chimneyfish 07-16-2014 07:03 PM

yupp. i got some nice external battery packs for my blackberry on there.
great site and brilliant shipping procedures.

Flynnster 07-16-2014 07:51 PM

Well thanks for the reminder fellas, went on and bought a couple since it's cheaper then getting gas to refill my jetlights.

Stevez 08-06-2014 12:13 PM

Received them two nights ago and they were worth the wait. These little gems light first time, every time. I cannot say that with any other lighter that I've owned except a Blazer for the first month or so. I am a jinx when it comes to lighters; they seem to hate me, but this little cheepo has been solid.

Ashcan Bill 08-06-2014 12:40 PM

Considering how cheap they are, they last amazingly well. I have one that's probably at least four years old and has really been around the block that's still kicking. And I've got a Blazer that's been unreliable since I purchased it, even after a trip to the factory. You don't always get what you pay for. Sometimes you get more, sometimes less. ;)

Stevez 08-06-2014 02:48 PM

Bill, I know a lot of people here love Blazers, but my experience has not been good. I too sent it back because it quit working after a month or so. Came back, after I was out shipping, worked for another day or two. Just gave up. These are certainly worth a try and so far so good.

BlackIrish 08-06-2014 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markem (Post 1974231)
Probably the main reason that I buy many at one shot. Down to less than 10 so need to slow down on the give-aways.

I buy them by the dozen. They are surprisingly reliable and typically last many months. Occasionally one will stop working, but most of the time I just lose them or give them away.

Flynnster 08-20-2014 08:29 PM

Did everyone's lighters come with fluid in them? Last time I ordered them they did. This time they are bone dry.

dijit 08-21-2014 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flynnster (Post 1981480)
Did everyone's lighters come with fluid in them? Last time I ordered them they did. This time they are bone dry.

The last I had read about shipping gas lighters is they are supposed to be shipped empty unless they are being shipped in bulk by ground transportation. Even meeting that criteria there are still DOT hazmat regulations that need to be adhered to. Usually (according to my contact at Xikar) under 100 lighters needs to be shipped dry as even when sent economy ground shipping there is no guarantee they wont be put on a plane at some point.

irratebass 08-21-2014 06:31 AM

I ordered 3 of these http://www.dx.com/p/jet-1300-c-butan...0#.U_Xl9flikxY since I lost mine at Shack last year......this year I lost a pocketknife.....sigh, anyway none of these worked.....so p'off.....need to order more, coz when these work they are great.....Craig (the Jiggler) bombed me the one I lost & I loved it......sorry Craig.

icehog3 08-21-2014 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irratebass (Post 1981525)
I ordered 3 of these http://www.dx.com/p/jet-1300-c-butan...0#.U_Xl9flikxY since I lost mine at Shack last year......this year I lost a pocketknife.....sigh, anyway none of these worked.....so p'off.....need to order more, coz when these work they are great.....Craig (the Jiggler) bombed me the one I lost & I loved it......sorry Craig.

Just ordered 8 of these too, as I am on my last one.

I ordered 8 last time. Gave 3 of them away. 2 of them worked over a year each, 2 didn't work at all, and I am hoping this last one works a year. That's 3 years of dependable lighting for about $22, more than worth it to me.