Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Hook 'Em Horns! (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=27022)

DrDubzz 01-07-2010 03:24 PM

Hook 'Em Horns!

win or lose, I hope for a great game, and obviously a Texas win

to the Bammers, you're who I've been wanting to see for 2 years now, I'm glad it's here

Good game

and Hook 'em!!!

TEXAS FIGHT!:banger

htown 01-07-2010 03:40 PM

Re: Hook 'Em Horns!

Hook 'em!!!

acruce 01-07-2010 04:41 PM

Should be a good game

white_s2k 01-07-2010 04:41 PM

Gettin' ready for the big game now! Hook 'em!

DrDubzz 01-07-2010 10:49 PM

Not how it should have gone

but congrats to Bama, oh and F*** Nick Saban

longknocker 01-07-2010 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RX2010 (Post 712141)
Not how it should have gone

but congrats to Bama, oh and F*** Nick Saban

Why?????? Roll Tide!:tu Colt McCoy Was A Class Act In His Statement At The End Of The Game. I Wish Him All The Luck In The NFL; Great Comeback In The 2nd Half, Horns Fans!

DrDubzz 01-08-2010 12:15 AM

why about Nick Saban? did he have money on winning by more than ten?

I 100% guarantee you Mack has his guys take a knee up ten with <2 minutes left

GreekGodX 01-08-2010 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RX2010 (Post 712193)

I wouldn't be mad at Saban at all. Texas was mounting a big comeback in the 4th, and in the game of football (or any sport) you play the full amount of time. I would have tried to put up points too. Who knows what could have happend.

longknocker 01-08-2010 04:23 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreekGodX (Post 712213)
I wouldn't be mad at Saban at all. Texas was mounting a big comeback in the 4th, and in the game of football (or any sport) you play the full amount of time. I would have tried to put up points too. Who knows what could have happend.

It's THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!! You Go All Out For This One & Let The Chips Fall Where They May. Alabama Has Come Back from 18 Years Of Probation, Frustration & Disrespect To Become National Champions. This Team Believed In Themselves & Were Not To Be Denied! Roll, Tide!:wo

Tombstone 01-08-2010 06:22 AM

Quote:

Give me a break. You play to win...not take knees. If there is time on the clock you have not won the game. RTR

zmancbr 01-08-2010 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longknocker (Post 712239)
It's THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!! You Go All Out For This One & Let The Chips Fall Where They May. Alabama Has Come Back from 18 Years Of Probation, Frustration & Disrespect To Become National Champions. This Team Believed In Themselves & Were Not To Be Denied! Roll, Tide!:wo

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone (Post 712281)
Give me a break. You play to win...not take knees. If there is time on the clock you have not won the game. RTR

I am gonna have to disagree here and side with Tim. Not cuz I'm a horns fan, but because that last TD was completely unnecessary... there wasn't enough time in the game for Texas to score a TD, let alone pick up 10+ points for the tie and/or win. Not when Bama has the ball! Texas doesn't have enough T/Os to stop the clock and they are in Texas territory. It would have been MUCH more classy to just kneel and run the clock out. And like Tim said, that is EXACTLY what Mack would've done if the rolls were reversed.

Now that isn't trying to take anything away from the Tide.... they played a good game and the only thing that matters is the W. They are the national champs and rightly so. They are a hell of a Football team with a lot of talent! I just wish that Colt could have played the whole game so that regardless of who won there wouldn't be people saying 'what if...' :tu

captain53 01-08-2010 06:59 PM

Screw the What If crowd! They have had one of the top high school quarterbacks sitting on the bench all season with his thumb up his gazzoo for all but 26 plays while they tried to convince the world that Colt was a Great Quarterback rather than the good one he is. So what happens, Colt falls out and Gilbert has no experience and still did a decent job for an 18 year old with receivers that kept dropping the ball - pretty stupid, and I was once a Mack Brown Fan. So - AL won and is the National Champion.