Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   It has been a while (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=71719)

RevSmoke 06-21-2016 03:54 PM

It has been a while

Well, I see it has been at least 7 months since my last visit to CA.

Someone did ask privately how I am doing, they were concerned because they had not seen me here in quite a while.

Well, there are no worries. I am doing well. Life has been crazy though, and sometimes certain things just need to be moved back on the priority list.

I will say that there are many here that I missed, and that was a byproduct of my decision to avoid the Asylum because I have a disease called CDD (Cigar Discussion Disorder), a cousin of CAD, PAD, & TAD. I can sit here and read thread after thread after thread, and all of a sudden 3-4 hours are just gone. Maybe it is a problem of self-control.

So, I simply stayed away.

I thought I'd drop in, say hello, and let you know I will be around - but less frequently.

One tidbit is that we sold the old "cabin" (really just a dilapidated mobile home) which was about 2.5 hours away, and bought a home to which we will retire. It is about 50 minutes away, and Pauline even enjoys going up there. It is, like the previous one, a "no internet zone," but that can be a blessing. It is a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, split level ranch with an open concept dining/living room, spacious kitchen, rec room with a bar, 3-season room, 2-car attached garage, and a basement. So, if someone wants to come visit, y'all are welcome.

Selling and buying was a big part of why I have been absent.

Anyway, I have rambled on enough.

Looking forward to "talking" with old friends and maybe making some new ones.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

The Poet 06-21-2016 04:02 PM

Re: It has been a while

Todd! Great to hear from you! I was actually thinking about you just the other day, wondering what was up and how you are. Glad that things are fine.

Don't get hooked again, if that's what you want, but also don't be such a stranger either.

dijit 06-21-2016 04:10 PM

Wow even without us you seem to have been a very busy man. Welcome back.

Ogre 06-21-2016 04:13 PM

Welcome Home Brother

WhiteMamba 06-21-2016 04:42 PM

Glad to hear from you brother!

Brlesq 06-21-2016 04:43 PM

Great to see you back Todd! Best of luck on your new home!

icehog3 06-21-2016 04:50 PM

Really good to "see" you, Todd, hope you will be at least an occasional family member.

MarkinAZ 06-21-2016 05:27 PM

Well, I knew you were ok Todd, and just assumed you were taking a long breather... So,

I'm hearing a couple of things here: 1) we may just have a new place to herf in the "no internet" zone, and 2) a Sunday edition of the CA newsletter may be in order:r;)

Good to see you back Todd and Goooooooooooo Packers:tu

CigarNut 06-21-2016 07:59 PM

Welcome back!

jjirons69 06-22-2016 06:34 AM

Good to hear form you, Rev! Sounds like a sweet pad, glad your family is able to enjoy it without all these worldly things interfering. Stay in touch. Have a cigar. Read a thread. Repeat.

stearns 06-22-2016 06:35 AM

Great to see ya around Todd

irratebass 06-22-2016 07:03 AM

Welcome back Todd....glad to see you're doing well.

yourchoice 06-22-2016 08:14 AM

Todd! Great to "see" you! Glad to hear things are going well and hope to "hear" from you a little more frequently. :)

massphatness 06-22-2016 08:46 AM

Really good to hear from you, Todd!

Emjaysmash 06-22-2016 09:58 AM

The Mooch misses ya, Todd! Nice to see your FB updates though

The Poet 06-22-2016 11:14 AM

And where the Sheol have YOU been, MJ? :r

Emjaysmash 06-22-2016 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Poet (Post 2092423)
And where the Sheol have YOU been, MJ? :r

Oh you know, here and there. :tu

nutcracker 06-22-2016 11:30 AM

Hey Todd - welcome home - missing the pipe tobacco review man!

RevSmoke 06-22-2016 02:25 PM

First, thanks for the welcome back. It is good to be missed. I hope to show up a couple times a week at least. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkinCA (Post 2092341)
Well, I knew you were ok Todd, and just assumed you were taking a long breather... So,

I'm hearing a couple of things here: 1) we may just have a new place to herf in the "no internet" zone, and 2) a Sunday edition of the CA newsletter may be in order:r;)

Good to see you back Todd and Goooooooooooo Packers:tu

Yeah, that could happen. If you have some dates in mind, let me know.

It is not a place we are moving into, but it is a "retirement" home, so I get up there to mow or to just get away for a couple days.

I do not need a CA newsletter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nutcracker (Post 2092426)
Hey Todd - welcome home - missing the pipe tobacco review man!

Hmm, did a few of those, but I am so set in my ways I do not try much new stuff anymore - at least nothing lately. Maybe I should branch out a bit and get some samples of some stuff to try. What would you like to see reviewed?

longknocker 06-22-2016 03:05 PM

Good To Hear From You, Todd, & Enjoy That "Retirement", Brother!:D:tu