Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Ride home ruined!!! (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=32469)

Smokin Gator 05-27-2010 03:08 PM

Ride home ruined!!!

On Thursdays I go back to where I used to live and do some work for the school system there. It is about a two hour ride and I usually take a nice stick or two for the ride home.

This morning I was going to grab a Monte 2 and decided to grab an NC instead. I kind of randomly grabbed a Victor Sinclair Double Maduro Legacy. Since I wasn't too familiar with them I decided to grab a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet as well just in case the VS sucked.

It was a hectic day at work so I get in the truck really anticipating a smoke. As soon as I took a draw in the clipped VS I knew it was in trouble. I have heard of guys saying a draw was so loose that it was sucking through a straw, but had never experienced it myself until today. I lit it and gave it a chance... no smoke and tasted like crap. Pitched it out the window!!

Thinking I was so smart to grab a second stick, I pull out the Sol Cubano. I clip it and take a draw. Freakin' thing was plugged like you wouldn't believe!! Now I am pissed!! I give it a try anyway and light it up. The flavor wasn't bad, but my cheeks are caving in when I draw. I pull out the trusty draw tool and give it a couple of pokes. It helps a little. I get about an inch in and it is closed up again. I give it the draw tool again and the head pops open in about an inch long split. It now gets the old heave ho!!!

I had to make due with some snus for the last hour and a half. If I had a dog I might have beaten it when I got home. That Monte that had it's life saved this morning by my miscalculation will not make it through the night.

Rant off...

ade06 05-27-2010 03:10 PM

Re: Ride home ruined!!!

That sucks!!! I'm glad you don't have a dog either.

leasingthisspace 05-27-2010 03:25 PM

I am are concerned about your anger towards dogs.
Sorry to hear you had a couple of crap sticks, it does happen. I hope for the safety of dogs everywhere it doesn't happen to you again though.
Posted via Mobile Device

68TriShield 05-27-2010 03:31 PM

I hate when that happens.

try this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7gLJ...eature=related

:D

TripleF 05-27-2010 03:38 PM

Sorry to hear that bro......you always gotta go with quality, and have loads of options!! :D

DPD6030 05-27-2010 04:02 PM

You should have know better Brent ;) Oh and you can always take your frustrations out on the cows. Brisket anyone? :dr

On a side note maybe you need some more cigars that aren't plugged ;) :r

kelmac07 05-27-2010 04:30 PM

DOH!!!!

Smokin Gator 05-27-2010 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DPD6030 (Post 870998)
You should have know better Brent ;) Oh and you can always take your frustrations out on the cows. Brisket anyone? :dr

Yeah... I do know better. That is why I am so disappointed in myself. :confused:

But you just keep your non-plugged sticks in the humi. I have plenty you instiGator!!!

G G 05-27-2010 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokin Gator (Post 870946)
If I had a dog I might have beaten it when I got home.

I always knew there was something off about you.:r

issues 05-27-2010 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DPD6030 (Post 870998)

:r:r Get 'em Andrew!!!

DPD6030 05-27-2010 08:48 PM

insti gator. I like it :tu

Ranger_B 05-27-2010 09:33 PM

You have got to love a ride like that. Nothing can make a drive seem longer than having your primary and your back up turn around and slap you in your face. Sorry to hear Gator. Hope the Monte makes up for it

RevSmoke 05-27-2010 09:34 PM

VS = dog beatings? Hmmm... I just consider them dog rockets.

I am suprised by the SC though, haven't had that happen before.

captain53 05-28-2010 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ade06 (Post 870952)
That sucks!!! I'm glad you don't have a dog either.

:tpd:

Starchild 05-28-2010 09:45 AM

That sucks Brent. Just remember that the new ABC liquor up here has a decent walk in if you find yourself in the same situation again. I'm sure you won't, but just the same.

Island Tobacco is now a bar, and they stopped carrying cigars, so our local options are limited.