Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Life. Rebooted. (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=32992)

Whee 06-13-2010 09:16 PM

Life. Rebooted.

Many of my BOTL/SOTL's know that the last few years have been a broken elevator ride to the basement.

Loss of family, parent, house, job etc....

The last 9 weeks I have spent back home taking care of my Mom as she recovers from knee surgery. During this time I have been trying to find work in Illinois (where I live and my children live) to no avail.

My Mom, unfortunately has a myriad of issues, some discovered over the last few weeks, and some becoming more apparent as I spend more time with her, that require her to have someone watch over her.

The state of Illinois has been providing my way of life through unemployment, but that comes to an end in the next week.

After many hours of thought, I have decided to relocate back to Indiana and stay with my Mom. No job and no money have influenced this as well.

I had to tell my daughters this weekend. It was one of the hardest things I have had to do.

So I go, to start over again, to reboot my life. Find a job and back to school.

Many bad decisions have been made, and hopefully, I am not as stubborn as I think I am and will learn from those.

I post this here because this place, in the three years ( 1 at CS) I have been here has become a place to laugh and forget some of things going on. A blissful escape at times. I have made new friends, learned new things and shared many a cigar. I mainly post this here because it feels good to get it out, to share it, accept responsibility for things.

Thanks for listening.

kelmac07 06-13-2010 09:28 PM

Re: Life. Rebooted.

Hang in there Sean. Doors are gonna open brother!! :D

jjirons69 06-13-2010 09:36 PM

You're good people, Sean. Hang in there as you don't know what's to come. Best of luck to your mom. Chin up...we all know the one thing to count on is change.

Ogre 06-13-2010 09:38 PM

Will keep you and your family in prayer. Perhaps a new start with work great for you.

neoflex 06-13-2010 09:55 PM

Good luck brother. This economy has been pretty rough on a lot of people. Just had a buddy finally pull out of some rough times so keep the faith that it will all fall in place in due time. It does seem like the economy is slowly but surely getting better. Just hoping this spill in the Gulf doesn't put us back into a tailspin.
I am sure your mother will appreciate you coming to help her and for that I am sure karma will take care of you and before you know it you will be back on your feet and will eventually look back on this experience and appreciate where your at even more. Wishing you the best of luck with your reboot.:tu

MedicCook 06-13-2010 10:18 PM

Good luck with everything Sean. Can't wait to be able to share a cigar with you my friend.

pnoon 06-13-2010 10:21 PM

Best of luck, Sean. A drastic change in life is never easy - especially moving further away from your children. Hang in there. And know that the inmates are here for you.

Emjaysmash 06-13-2010 10:26 PM

Prayers and thoughts sent, for you, your family and your mother. Let us know if we can do anything.

awsmith4 06-13-2010 10:28 PM

I have been liberated from my job twice in the past couple of years and I know the stress but moving from your kids I would imagine is the hardest thing to face. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that this reboot is what it takes to turn things back in your favor.

bobarian 06-13-2010 10:33 PM

Good luck on your move and stay positive. Hopefully something will come around for you.

CasaDooley 06-13-2010 10:38 PM

Sending good karma your way Brother! In the long run I hope everything turns out the way you want it to. Good luck Sean!:tu

icehog3 06-13-2010 10:50 PM

We have just officially added a second border to the MoB territory.

Sean, we will always be here for you, and support whatever you decide. I am glad you are here, and glad to call you my friend.

yourchoice 06-13-2010 10:55 PM

Good luck with everything Sean.

14holestogie 06-14-2010 02:14 AM

Hoping and praying for good things to come your way, Sean.

Smokin Gator 06-14-2010 04:18 AM

Best of luck on the relocation and reboot!!!

68TriShield 06-14-2010 04:36 AM

Everything positive heading your way Brother!

elderboy02 06-14-2010 04:45 AM

Sean, you are a great BOTL. Good luck sir! :tu

DPD6030 06-14-2010 07:12 AM

:gl on the move and the job search Sean. I know we talked a bit about this when you stopped in for a smoke. You're welcome to stop in anytime my friend. Mi Casa su Casa (sp?) :D

TripleF 06-14-2010 07:34 AM

Wishing you and your family all the best. I can't even imagine how hard it must be......hang tight bro.

hotreds 06-14-2010 07:40 AM

Best wishes to you! I pray that your life becomes what you want it to be!