Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Shot a handgun for the first time (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2031)

TripleF 10-22-2008 07:05 AM

Shot a handgun for the first time

This past weekend my wife & I and her sister and husband took a quick trip to Asheville, NC to visit one of our friends who's husband passed away a year ago at the young age of 57.

While we were there my brother in-law and I decided to hook up with our feind's nephew and fire offf some steam :D

We shot his Smith & Wesson 9mm and blasted offf a couple hundred rounds.

NOW, that's fun!!! First time I have ever shot a handgun.

ahc4353 10-22-2008 07:14 AM

Re: Shot a handgun for the first time

Welcome to the gun world Scott! It's a great place.

elderboy02 10-22-2008 07:42 AM

Nice choice in a handgun for your first shoot! :cool2: What type of target were you shooting at? Bowling pins, beer cans, watermelons, and plates are all fun to shoot at.

dunng 10-22-2008 08:31 AM

All you needed was an SKS or AK to have some real fun! :D

:ss

skyhigh340 10-22-2008 09:15 AM

Congrats on shooting a handgun for the first time! Welcome to a new slippery slope! You thought a cigar habit was expensive!:D

elderboy02 10-22-2008 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunng (Post 27130)
All you needed was an SKS or AK to have some real fun! :D

:ss

Exactly! AR's are fun also. And some Tannerite!

Stogeyfish 10-22-2008 09:20 AM

Congrats! Yes, it is a very slippery slope!:D It's always scary and exciting at the same time.

Have fun and stay safe!:tu

Clampdown 10-22-2008 09:24 AM

Congrats, I have yet to shoot a handgun in my life. I have shot a few rifles but never a handgun. I guess its something I better do before I die. :D

elderboy02 10-22-2008 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clampdown (Post 27260)
Congrats, I have yet to shoot a handgun in my life. I have shot a few rifles but never a handgun. I guess its something I better do before I die. :D

If you ever get up to Cincinnati, drop a dime. I'll take you shooting. That goes for anyone on here. I always enjoy a day at the range.

funnymantrip 10-22-2008 11:24 AM

Glad you had fun your first time out shooting handgun. They are all right though, it gets to you. I would suspect there will be a "what should I buy for my first handgun" thread popping up from you in the near future. I think we all look forward to answering that one.

King James 10-22-2008 11:26 AM

Sweet! I've never shot a handgun, but did shoot trap for the first time earlier this year

SmokingJoey 10-22-2008 11:30 AM

You now need to go to the Gun Range and try out a few, I know the ones in Columbia will "rent" them to you and let you shoot a wide range of different calibers and styles. I personally have five pistols, and always want more. They are a good investment. Something that you can pass down to kids!
I got my Dad's Single Action Colt .22 with changeable cylinders, same leather holster as the day he bought it back in the 50's from the Western Auto.

spectrrr 10-22-2008 11:58 AM

yep, its another very slippery slope... BUT the nice thing about guns is that most of them hold their value pretty well.

I second that before you buy, try a few to see what you like. but don't worry, right after you buy one, you'll find a couple more really nice ones that you "need" also :D

(notice how half of us have already assumed that you WILL be buying them in the future..... yep, the slope is that slippery)

AriesOpusX 10-22-2008 03:09 PM

You're done for now, welcome to the handgun slope.

CBI_2 10-22-2008 04:40 PM

Sweet! Can't wait to get with you this weekend to herf and hear about it bro.:tu

Boobar 10-22-2008 07:16 PM

Handgun shooting is definitely fun. I have owned my Springfield Armory 1911a1 .45 ACP for going on 8 years now and it's just as fun now as it was the first time I shot it.

rck70 10-25-2008 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elderboy02 (Post 27025)
Nice choice in a handgun for your first shoot! :cool2: What type of target were you shooting at? Bowling pins, beer cans, watermelons, and plates are all fun to shoot at.

He told me to run zig-zag so he could practice.:mad:

GoodFella 10-25-2008 12:23 PM

sounds like fun. i always love going out to do that. my dad came up to visit the other week and we both went out to shoot the guns for some fun:D

Don Fernando 10-25-2008 12:27 PM

only thing I really enjoyed about being in the army, shooting!

ChicagoWhiteSox 10-25-2008 02:30 PM

nice choice of gun!