Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   USPS Click-n-Ship Issues (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=75894)

massphatness 06-29-2020 02:08 PM

USPS Click-n-Ship Issues

Anyone been having issues with Click & Ship? I am unable to pay for any labels I create. The system gives me an error message saying they cannot process transactions "of this type" at this time.

I have access to two different USPS accounts (personal & work), and I get the same message irrespective of the credit card type -- Amex, Visa, Mastercard. I even attempted P@yP@l, and received the same message.

Have tried multiple times since June 12 when the problem first cropped up. Have cleared cookies, used different browsers and tried it on different computers. No joy.

I can find no helpful recent info online either via USPS or anywhere else.

Anyone out there experiencing anything similar?

Brlesq 06-29-2020 05:01 PM

Re: USPS Click-n-Ship Issues

Do you have anything in the comments section or anything describing the item in the transaction? Maybe its not the payment method, but the "type" of transaction (i.e. tobacco)?

massphatness 06-30-2020 04:31 AM

Nope. Wasn’t even trying to ship tobacco.
Posted via Mobile Device

icehog3 06-30-2020 08:18 AM

I don't use it so I can't help. And you are more aware than anyone of my USPS issues. :r

markem 06-30-2020 08:58 AM

Do you have any characters besides numbers and the 26 letters of the alphabet? I've never had good luck with special characters, even '#' and such.

BigAsh 06-30-2020 09:44 AM

just used it this morning with no issue....

massphatness 06-30-2020 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAsh (Post 2201535)
just used it this morning with no issue....

No joy here.

https://i.imgur.com/rh5XJCOh.jpg

The weird thing is the transaction will show as a temporary authorization on whatever card or P@yP@l account I use. It never processes through all the way though.

Tried calling customer support. Hung up after being on hold for 90 minutes ...

massphatness 06-30-2020 11:27 AM

Found an email support address. Will see if that gets anywhere.

Havanaaddict 06-30-2020 12:11 PM

From everything I have read this has been happing since 2013. It seems like they have had some type a hack into them and they did something to there system and it will lock an account at a drop of a hat!!!
Try this:
Go to My profile, edit, Change this address,fix anything that is obviously wrong. Verify this address, once it's verified hit continue twice. then try to purchase postage.
Good luck

USPS Tech Dept. 800 344-7779 Tell them to unlock you account. Small biz # 800 344-7779

Black Coral 06-30-2020 06:46 PM

Man I thought you had a guy for things like this. Should use Kieth’s contacts they might work better.

massphatness 07-01-2020 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Havanaaddict (Post 2201541)
Try this:
Go to My profile, edit, Change this address,fix anything that is obviously wrong. Verify this address, once it's verified hit continue twice. then try to purchase postage.

Appreciate the suggestion, Mark, but no worky. There was nothing wrong with my address, but I did re-enter it.

I'm not keen on spending hours on hold. Will wait to see if there's a response to my email inquiry.

CigarNut 07-01-2020 09:41 AM

Vin,

I switched to Stamps.com a couple of years ago when I had some problems with Click-and-Ship. No regrets. Stamps.com is not free (! $17/month), but the postage rates are discounted, so if you ship enough you make up the fees. Also, they have start-up deals where they give you $10 off a month for 6 months (you have mail in coupons — I waited and mailed them all in at once). They will also (optionally) provide you with a scale.

Just my :2