Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Accessory Discussion / Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Vinotemp dead. Suggestions? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=74413)

RRocket 08-24-2018 01:21 AM

Vinotemp dead. Suggestions?

My little Vinotemp is no longer working properly. I'm guessing it would cost as much to repair as buy a new one. Mine is an old one and at the time Vinotemp was really the only game in town. I'm sure there are others available now that work just as well.

What's everyone using our what can you recommend? Also, I'm sure I'll need new drawers...who are the go to people for drawers these days?

Thanks!

stearns 08-24-2018 06:51 AM

Re: Vinotemp dead. Suggestions?

Granted it depends on local climate, but I haven't plugged my vino in in the 10 years I've had it, just use it as a nice airtight container. If your ambient temperature is reasonable I'd just stick with humidification control and let the temperature do it's own thing

SSDVC 08-24-2018 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stearns (Post 2158823)
Granted it depends on local climate, but I haven't plugged my vino in in the 10 years I've had it, just use it as a nice airtight container. If your ambient temperature is reasonable I'd just stick with humidification control and let the temperature do it's own thing

Same here. I just have to keep an occasional eye on the humidity, but I have never plugged in my EdgeStar 28 and the temperature has remained very steady at around 70-72 degrees throughout the year. That was both here in CT as well as in MD when I resided there.

CigarNut 08-24-2018 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRocket (Post 2158816)
My little Vinotemp is no longer working properly. I'm guessing it would cost as much to repair as buy a new one. Mine is an old one and at the time Vinotemp was really the only game in town. I'm sure there are others available now that work just as well.

What's everyone using our what can you recommend? Also, I'm sure I'll need new drawers...who are the go to people for drawers these days?

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by stearns (Post 2158823)

Same for me, and I live in Florida -- my home does not usually get above 74 degrees. I have some HCM beads in there for humidity, but I don't worry about temperature.

mosesbotbol 08-24-2018 10:37 AM

Are you using for wine or cigars?

TXRebel 08-24-2018 05:25 PM

I bought a NewAir CC400, when my Vino quit working,