Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Coffee Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   A grown man nearly cried today (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2179)

Hardcz 10-23-2008 06:29 AM

A grown man nearly cried today

I woke up today, but was pretty excited because I was going to bring my french press to work, no more crappy work coffee for me!!!

I spent extra time and care cleaning and prepping my press, measuring out beans and grinding them to the best that my whirly grinder can do, and smelling the beautiful aromatic aromas...mmmmm fresh Uncle Beanz coffee... I'm happy this morning, genuinely happy.

I drive to work, pleasantly surprised to notice that the construction is done on the path going to work, no more stop and go traffic, two big beautiful lanes open and going quickly SCORE!!!!

I arrive at work, quickest I have since I started here, noting it's cold outside, but this is going to be a great day. I grab my french press, grab my laptop bag, stuff the coffee carefully into my fleece pocket, and head off. Did I mention that today is just so awesome?

As I approach the badge swipe I stumble ever so slightly on the gravel and pot hole patch in the parking lot...

STOP....

That's what happened, time stopped.... You know in movies where they go slow motion, and some guy go's NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and it drags out for literally 3 minutes? Well just imagine that happening to me. Why you're probably wondering. Well see when I did that stumble, I don't know how, but the press fell. It was a graceful yet fateful fall from glory. As the Bodum touched the ground, it shattered into more pieces than I can count, with a sickening sound. My 32 oz. Bodum French Press, that has been my best friend through two jobs, coming into the third, three moves, and so many memories.... was now..... dead. :(

I'm holding back tears even now. It's like losing a good friend. I'm not sure how I can replace it, they just don't make them like that anymore.

So with blurry eyes, I kneeled down in defeat, picking up the shattered pieces of my long time friend, carefully laying them into my hand. And as honorably as I could, I walked to the trash can to say my final respects. It was hard letting go, I didn't want to, it was too young to die! Why didn't the nasty coffee maker in the office go instead? It didn't and doesn't deserve the life it has. What did this young press ever do to deserve this?

*sigh* I'm sorry, I can't go on. This has been a traumatic event in my life. Thanks for taking a moment to share in my pain.

md4958 10-23-2008 06:51 AM

Re: A grown man nearly cried today

My condolences on your loss.

Are you sure you should be at work today?

Sr Mike 10-23-2008 06:52 AM

Bummer. Just think, now you can have a new friend!

leasingthisspace 10-23-2008 06:52 AM

I am sorry for your loss.

Hardcz 10-23-2008 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by md4958 (Post 29800)
Are you sure you should be at work today?

I'm too distraught to drive home. So I'm sitting at my desk, just moping around, I might go find a place to hide in one of the plants.

fissure 10-23-2008 07:04 AM

Go cry in the corner Dan:ss Do you need a smoke after work with some company?:hm Or how about lunch?

Hardcz 10-23-2008 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fissure (Post 29816)
Go cry in the corner Dan:ss Do you need a smoke after work with some company?:hm Or how about lunch?

Would rather have a smoke after work, haven't had anything good in a while. Besides I have a meeting running through the normal lunch hour.... :fl

fissure 10-23-2008 07:12 AM

Meetings suck unless you can drink through them:al I'll see what I can do after work.

md4958 10-23-2008 07:12 AM

http://www.bodumusa.com/shop/group_l...1TQN9JASPH92RD

High-impact plastic

Hardcz 10-23-2008 07:16 AM

Wish i had pictures...looked like this but green...and much happier... *sniff*

http://f3c.yahoofs.com/shopping/3076..._____DxoGvng4Y

D_A 10-23-2008 08:01 AM

Target has replacement beakers
http://www.target.com/Bodum-8-Cup-Gl...e=1&rh=&page=1

dunng 10-23-2008 08:24 AM

My condolences on your loss... :(

I have three of the Chambord as you can easily replace the beaker... I have a few extras as I seem to break one every two months or so (Amazon sells them as a set). My other two are like the one you lost... :ss

EvanS 10-23-2008 09:11 AM

Aw man - that's harsh.
Replacing the beaker is easy.
Getting over the fact that there is no good coffee for you, especially after being so hyped for it....this could be tough to get over.

SSatVT 10-23-2008 10:12 AM

That is really rough. It happened to me the other week also though, except it was while I was trying to clean her up.:bh

But, on the bright side....I ordered a new beaker, and an Aeropress. The Aeropress was to celebrate the life of the original press.:dance:

Hardcz 10-23-2008 10:20 AM

Bah it's too bad the replacement cost of a new one is the same as the beaker itself.... besides it's already in the trash outside.... probably gone by now.

Going back to the corner to pout.

And I guess I need to start thinking on what to replace it with.

Mister Moo 10-24-2008 05:07 AM

I feel your pain. Mrs. Moo put my old-relibable in the microwave and melted the handle. It was old-old - no longer made. Hard to get over losing a good old coffeepot yet, somehow, we go on.

Hardcz 10-24-2008 07:03 AM

arrrrrrg

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Mugen910 10-24-2008 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sr Mike (Post 29803)
Bummer. Just think, now you can have a new friend!

Coffee pot half full type of guy! :tu

TOB9595 10-27-2008 12:01 AM

I feel for your loss

Tom