Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Tea Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=119)
-   -   What tea are you Drinking? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=11720)

Starscream 07-08-2009 12:53 PM

Re: What tea are you Drinking?

Fresh dried peppermint tea.

ade06 07-08-2009 01:05 PM

Nestea Red Tea (Pomegranate & Passion Fruit). Nestea was giving them away as a promo around the corner from my office.

TanithT 07-08-2009 01:08 PM

I have recently discovered Teavana, to the detriment of my pocketbook. They have an online site as well as a storefront near me. They have some very yummy premium flavored blends that are like dessert in a cup, without any sweetening, as well as some serious teas that are fine cigar pairings.

NJ stogie King 07-08-2009 01:43 PM

I love loose teas....especially now in the summer!! I also have a Teavana store near me as well, but I find that the tea smells so potent in the container and then I have to beg it to taste the same when it hit's my mouth!! Does anyone have a loose tea or tea recipe that they can recommend that tastes as good as it smells?? I know that the water dilutes it, but I am one for a lot of taste in my tea!! Let me know!!

Thanks!

TanithT 07-08-2009 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJ stogie King (Post 455838)
I love loose teas....especially now in the summer!! I also have a Teavana store near me as well, but I find that the tea smells so potent in the container and then I have to beg it to taste the same when it hit's my mouth!! Does anyone have a loose tea or tea recipe that they can recommend that tastes as good as it smells?? I know that the water dilutes it, but I am one for a lot of taste in my tea!! Let me know!!

Yes. Follow the directions carefully for temperature of water and length of steeping time. Then experiment based on how well you like the results you get, changing one variable at a time. Rapid hot infusion will get you one kind of result, slower cooler infusion another kind of result. Try a cold refrigerator infusion overnight and see how that expresses the various flavor components in a way you may find more similar to the aroma.

"Tea espresso" through an Aeropress or similar device is something I like a lot; give it a try.

Dunkel 07-08-2009 08:15 PM

Sadaf Special Blend Earl Grey. Loose leaf all the way.

Starscream 07-09-2009 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andysutherland (Post 455771)
Fresh dried peppermint tea.

Again.
This stuff is great. A family of Mennonites grow this stuff in their garden and sell it at their produce stand.

Smoking Dragon 07-09-2009 01:22 PM

Iranian Black tea. M M Good. And then later some ECCO, a insant tea-like mix from Peru.

Sarge

Steelergar 07-09-2009 07:20 PM

I love teavanna, everyday I drink english black tea in the morning, gunpowder green ice tea in the afternoon, and an olong at night usually with a cigar (been smoking alot of padron 2000s and 5 vegas miami petite coronas lately .

Starscream 07-10-2009 10:49 AM

Fresh lemon balm tea. Tastes like water with sweetner in it.

Phil Sotelo 07-10-2009 04:19 PM

I just hooked on Chai Latte, that stuff is delicious! I prefer hot in the morning and cold during the day. Good stuff!:dr

CasaDooley 07-11-2009 12:16 AM

Seattle's Market Spice Tea iced. Black tea with orange and cinnamon.:dr

novasurf 07-11-2009 07:33 AM

6 beer sampler from our local brew pub.

DrDubzz 09-27-2009 10:50 PM

Twining's English Breakfast a bit ago

also Typhoo in the mornings

taltos 09-29-2009 06:04 AM

Twining's Irish Breakfast, a little stronger than their English Breakfast. Later some Bentley's Green Tea.

kelmac07 09-29-2009 06:23 AM

Chazo tai...love the stuff.

eber 10-09-2009 03:08 PM

I have been drinking a lot of Tazo Zen Green tea lately, I normally only like to brew loose whole leaf tea but this Tazo is really good :tu

Demented 10-09-2009 03:09 PM

From Twinings I like Earl Grey with a lemon wedge, English Breakfast with a spash of light cream or whole milk, and broken leaf Assam Mangalam, black. I only buy loose leaf tea.

physiognomy 12-12-2009 08:40 AM

'08 Xiaguan FT "Happy Tuo" this morning... 3rd infusion so far and it is still going strong.

mcdimond 12-12-2009 08:58 AM

Today, Oolong tea that I buy bulk from my local asian market.