Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Coffee Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Oh NO, not Again! (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=25914)

germantown rob 12-11-2009 12:23 PM

Oh NO, not Again!

So I have been happily roasting coffee for a bit now and find I am hitting the wall with my Hottop B roaster, the problem is there isn't anything left on the consumer level so I am looking to the prosumer machines. :( Something like this :dr

My wife's only comment was "when is this home roasting supposed to start saving money?" "When I die" was all I could come up with :D.

So if anybody wants to buy a cat or two, an unborn boy, a crazy 2 year old girl (she is small and will fit almost anywhere and gets good millage out of a carrot), blood and/or plasma shoot me a pm and make my dream a reality:tu.

Blindjimme 12-11-2009 01:45 PM

Re: Oh NO, not Again!

That's quite a dream there, Rob :tu Looks right capable though.

floydpink 12-11-2009 02:33 PM

I'm ok on pets and kids, but would certainly consider buying the hottop.

germantown rob 12-11-2009 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floydpink (Post 676976)
I'm ok on pets and kids, but would certainly consider buying the hottop.

There is a line, lol. I don't think I will part with the HT, if I ever go pro I will owe it all to this machine and will probably display it proudly on a pedestal.

Resipsa 12-11-2009 03:59 PM

This product is permanently discontinued. All inventory SOLD OUT!

That's really odd, since they haven't started production yet. I can understand not wanting to take too many pre-orders and getting too far behind, but the whole "permanently discontinued" thing is odd to me, given as they haven't even gotten started yet:confused:

galaga 12-11-2009 04:31 PM

Did she reply, "that won't be long"??

germantown rob 12-11-2009 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Resipsa (Post 677060)
This product is permanently discontinued. All inventory SOLD OUT!

That's really odd, since they haven't started production yet. I can understand not wanting to take too many pre-orders and getting too far behind, but the whole "permanently discontinued" thing is odd to me, given as they haven't even gotten started yet:confused:

The HR-1 is discontinued the IR-1 is going into production but I am a little confused myself. I am going to put some effort into finding something used before I pull the trigger on any new machines and I have plenty of research to find out on many companies out there. :confused:

germantown rob 12-12-2009 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galaga (Post 677088)
Did she reply, "that won't be long"??

:r, but she did say she needed a new car before I get the roaster. I hope she doesn't mind a Kia :D.

Swampper 12-13-2009 11:00 PM

Why did you show me that?!

Man, that is NOT cool. Now I want one of these things.

Maybe I can open a coffee shop to justify it... :rolleyes:

Mister Moo 12-14-2009 11:30 AM

Is that the one with a fibeglass shell and an SCCO inside? :r

germantown rob 12-17-2009 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister Moo (Post 680050)
Is that the one with a fibeglass shell and an SCCO inside? :r

I will never become the head roaster for Folgers with this kind of encouragement :r.

germantown rob 03-25-2010 12:16 PM

So I pulled the trigger and have an IR-1 being built for me. It will take some time before I receive it :banger. So a new baby, a new house, and a new roaster should all be coming with in a few weeks of one another.

I would like to point out this is all Mr Moo's fault, with out him I would blissfully be ordering coffee from roasters and grinding them in my whirly blade grinder to brew in my moka pot, now I have many brew devices including an Oscar espresso machine just like him, multiple burr grinders, a few coffee roasters, and a commercial roasting machine being made for me. Thanks Dan!

replicant_argent 03-25-2010 12:26 PM

I would laugh, but it would seem inappropriate, and a foreshadowing of Karma kicking me in the pants somewhere in the future. I will not, and thusly stave off that possible outcome.

novasurf 03-25-2010 03:45 PM

Good luck GTown.

Mister Moo 03-25-2010 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by germantown rob (Post 805788)
So [after five long years] Thanks Dan!

You're welcome, Germ'b.

There's not really much point in mentioning it now but I said "Deer'll make ya rich." I was talking about venison. I never said "Diedrich," you crazy dutchman. I tend to slur my words, though. Sorry about any confusion.

floydpink 03-25-2010 07:34 PM

wow, that's big time right there Rob. They've only been manufacturing those a couple months, right?

bookman 03-25-2010 08:19 PM

Tell the wife Maybe you'd MAKE money if you had one of them sweet machines and marketed yr own coffee. Hmmm...if you did start a coffee co. what would ya name it?

germantown rob 03-26-2010 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister Moo (Post 806210)
You're welcome, Germ'b.

There's not really much point in mentioning it now but I said "Deer'll make ya rich." I was talking about venison. I never said "Diedrich," you crazy dutchman. I tend to slur my words, though. Sorry about any confusion.

D'OH. I really should clean my ears once in awhile.

Quote:

Originally Posted by floydpink (Post 806224)
wow, that's big time right there Rob. They've only been manufacturing those a couple months, right?

Yes, the first round of production should be getting to people now. The great thing with the IR-1 one is it pairs up well with any of there IR series so I am already saving up for the IR-12.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bookman (Post 806266)
Tell the wife Maybe you'd MAKE money if you had one of them sweet machines and marketed yr own coffee. Hmmm...if you did start a coffee co. what would ya name it?

This is one more step towards a business that is planned for 2 years from now. No names yet and with over 60 choices in roaster color I guess a smarter man would have that figured out if he wanted his roaster to match the color of his logo. I have a long way to go before I sell beans so for the time being friends, family and cuppers will get a whole lot of coffee :D.

Quote:

Originally Posted by novasurf (Post 805981)
Good luck GTown.

Thanks Norm :tu. It was a long hard research to come to the decision on getting the Diedrich. What machines do you roast on?