Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Island (The other ones) Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Cigar Review: Cain "F" (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=21161)

apNgb 09-09-2009 09:16 AM

Cigar Review: Cain "F"

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...paal/CainF.jpg

Cain F Edition
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Ligero
Binder: Nicaraguan Ligero
Filler: Nicaraguan Ligero
Made In: Nicaragua
Size: 5×50 Robusto
Price: Only available with purchase of Cain’s

Initial Thoughts: Word is that this F Edition is the Cain on steroids. If you read my review on the Cain Habano, you’ll know that it was a strong cigar. For me to say that about a cigar means you better believe it’s strong. A cigar that is stronger than the Cain, I got to tell you, I’m a bit hesitant but I’m jumping in anyway. This cigar is made with a significant amount of ligero, which is the top part of the tobacco plant that gets the most sun and usually the most time out in the sun.

The “F” in the Cain F stands for fuerte, which means strong in Spanish. The difference between the F and the regular line is that it contains 32% Estelí Ligero compared to 25% in the regular line; 25% Condega Ligero compared to 27% in the regular line; and 25% Jalapa ligero compared to 30% in the regular line. The ligero tobacco from Esteli is some of the strongest tobacco in the world so to amp it up even 7% should make a difference. Enough talking lets fire this sucker up!

Appearance & Construction: Construction is great on this cigar. Virtually seamless and sporting a nice triple cap, this cigar is pretty solid. The cigar I got came unbanded but I have heard of some that come with the same band as the Maduro line.

Burning Characteristics: Draw is nice, burn is dead on and the ash is strong and compact. This cigar does very well in this category.

Flavors: The cigar starts out with nice deep rich complex flavors of earth, wood, coffee, and sweet cocoa. The cigar almost reminds me of the Oliva Serie V Maduro Especial with more kick. For being “straight ligero”, this cigar is very smooth and does not punch your palate like you may think it would. They really did a great job of triple fermenting these cigars and it really exemplifies the talent of Sam Leccia, the maker of Nub and Cain cigars. The body is medium to full but the strength is definitely full.

Final Thoughts: Wow, they aren’t joking about the strength of this cigar. My head was lighter than air, my hands were shaking, but I enjoyed every minute of it and it wasn’t really over the top either. The flavors are so rich and complex; there is nothing negative I can say about this cigar except I wish they came in more than a 5 pack.

Worth A Shot: Yes if you can get them
Buy Again: Yes
Enjoyablity: High
Similar Cigars: The other Cain cigars are similar but this one seems to have more finesse

14holestogie 09-09-2009 09:18 AM

Re: Cigar Review: Cain "F"

Adam, as alwyas, another fine review.

MedicCook 09-09-2009 09:19 AM

Thanks for the review.

elderboy02 09-09-2009 09:20 AM

Dang, I knew I should have bought the sampler of "F's" when they were selling them. Oh well, I guess I will stick to the regular ones. They are good too.

Thanks for the review! :tu

Giant & 49er Fan 09-09-2009 09:20 AM

Thanks for the review!

dentonparrots 09-09-2009 09:20 AM

Great review, thanks!

GoldnGT 09-09-2009 09:26 AM

Nice! I'd of liked to have gotten a box of Cain's the other day so that I could get a pack of these.. unfortunately the money isn't flowing like I wish it would!

Nice review!

G G 09-09-2009 09:28 AM

Nice review, maybe I can get hold of one of these eventually.

SkinsFanLarry 09-09-2009 09:34 AM

Great review and thanks for clarifying the difference with the "F"!

kelmac07 09-09-2009 09:47 AM

Nice review! :tu

Noodles 09-09-2009 10:58 AM

A buddy of mine gave me one to try. I tried the non maduro wrapper. They have good flavors and very approachable for such a young cigar. HOWEVER, they were too strong for me to enjoy. Maybe in 10 years the strength might subside.

Adriftpanda 09-09-2009 03:31 PM

Nice review Adam! I'm looking forward to having one of these soon!

BengalMan 09-09-2009 10:32 PM

Thanks for the review Adam, glad you enjoyed it!

Flat4boxer 09-11-2009 09:21 AM

I've really been enjoying these cigars. Picked up three 5'ver boxes of them.

Thanks for the review!

McSmokey 10-02-2009 03:53 PM

nice review gonna have to find some money somewhere

GoldnGT 10-02-2009 08:50 PM

/dance I was able to finally get my hands on 5 of these. Can't wait to give them a shot!