Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Good Eats (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Chipotle (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7763)

ToddziLLa 01-09-2009 07:59 PM

Chipotle

Where are all my Chipotle lovers?!? :salute:

http://lbjsbrownbag.com/blog/wp-cont...7/chipotle.jpg

What do you guys get? My usual is (in order from start to finish, lol):

Burrito
rice
no beans
1/2 steak
1/2 barbacoa
tomatoes
hot sauce
sour cream
cheese

mmmmmmmmmmm! My wife likes soft tacos or the not-on-the-menu quesadilla.

Wonder how healthy what you order is? Check out the ChipotleFan.com nutritional calculator.

Darrell 01-09-2009 08:00 PM

Re: Chipotle

I get the barbacoa tacos. :dr

AD720 01-09-2009 08:04 PM

Burrito
Rice
Black Beans
Carnitas or Chicken
Extra Cheese
Light sour cream
Corn Salsa
Chips and Guac
Small fountain
cholula before every bite

ahc4353 01-09-2009 08:05 PM

My sons LOVE um. Me not so much.

MikeyC 01-09-2009 08:08 PM

Chipotle is just starting to pop here in MA. I can think of 3 or 4 that have opened within the last year. I did eat at one a couple of years ago in Washington DC and thought it was delicious. :dr

Sauer Grapes 01-09-2009 08:57 PM

Been eating Chipotle since '99. My tastes of what I get have changed over time, but it's all tasty.

Started with a chicken burrito with rice, black beans, mild or medium salsa, cheese and sometimes guac.

now my usual is soft carnitas tacos with corn salsa, cheese and a touch of sour cream. I don't think I'll be changing my favorite as I've tried everything and 80% of the time it's the carnitas tacos.

The steak is the only thing there I don't like. It's the most tasteless out of the four meats and I usually love steak.

MNSmoker 01-09-2009 09:18 PM

Chipotle burritos are like crack. I absolutely love this joint. I usually get a steak burrito, no beans, rice, sour cream, cheese and hot sauce. Freakin' delicious! :dr

DrDubzz 01-09-2009 09:20 PM

We don't have one in Amarillo, but I get Chipotle whenever I'm near one

Burrito
Carnitas
Rice
Black Beans
Pico
cheese
guac (sometimes)

Yazzie 01-09-2009 09:52 PM

Been eating Chipotle for years since I've left Massholio.

Burrito
Chicken or Steak
Rice
Black Beans
Combination Hot sauce and Medium (corn)
Lettuce

That's it, I eat pretty healthy. No Cheese, No Guac

Seanohue 01-10-2009 12:25 AM

Fuggin love Chipotle! Everytime I go to Indianapolis I grab two burritos: one for lunch, and one for dinner when I get back to school :D I get:

Steak Burrito
Rice
Cheese

I'm pretty plain....

dillio 01-10-2009 06:46 AM

Chipotle is the BOMB.

I was actually searching for one yesterday while I was on the road. None around the lower east side.

Chicken burrito
Black beans
Corn stuff
Oniony salsa
& a pinch of sour cream
+ tons of Green Hot Sauce

Jbailey 01-10-2009 07:45 AM

I enjoy Chipotle too, really love Qdoba's but upset when they got rid of the Chicken Mole. Found a place called Moe's Southwest Grill when I was in Vermont that was amazing, the free nacho bar at the end was great.

mmmm, I shouldn't but might have to swing into to Qdoba's for lunch today.

ToddziLLa 01-10-2009 08:19 AM

I love their guac. I think it's the best out of any restaurant I've had so far!

bazookajoe 01-10-2009 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToddziLLa (Post 160179)
1/2 steak
1/2 barbacoa...

Doh... I've been eating at Chipotle for 4 years and never thought of splitting up the meat.:tu

Now, what to do until they open...

M1903A1 01-10-2009 08:30 AM

Been lovin' it for six years.

Chicken or pork burrito
Black beans and rice
Tomatoes
Medium salsa
Sour Cream
Lettuce
Small drink. I ask for some lime and throw it in the drink before I pile on the Coke. Nothing quite like a "Frances Willard Cuba Libre"!

I call the above a "Cuban burrito". (I know the tomatoes and salsa aren't authentic but, man, ya just GOTTA!)

AD720 01-10-2009 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bazookajoe (Post 160756)
Doh... I've been eating at Chipotle for 4 years and never thought of splitting up the meat.:tu

:tpd:

I didn't know they would do that...they will mix it all up if you ask though for a more even topping to rice to meat distribution ratio. :)

tchariya 01-10-2009 09:08 AM

I love the chicken burrito bowls!

They also do a quesadilla too! Add any meat...and its like under $4.

N2Advnture 01-10-2009 09:24 AM

This is my favorite combo:

Burrito bowl
Rice
Pintos
Carnitas
Pica de gallo
Corn salsa
Cheese

LOVE IT!

Sauer Grapes 01-10-2009 07:26 PM

Had my usual today and had them add the fajita pepper and onions as well as guac. Guac is a mistake on tacos IMO.

Will definitely try the fajita stuff on the tacos again.

chippewastud79 01-10-2009 07:30 PM

I used to eat it once/twice a week and kind of got burned out on it. But everyone once in a while it is delicious.

My traditional orders:

Large steak quesadilla

Burrito bowl with barbacoa, black beans, pico, corn salsa, sour cream, cheese and lettuce

Hard tacos with chicken, pico, cheese, sour cream, and lettuce

and always a bag of chips and pico

:tu

themoneycollector 01-10-2009 07:31 PM

I load mine up:
2x Chicken
Rice
Black beans
Pico
Corn
Cheese
Lettuce
Sour Cream
Hot salsa
Guac

physiognomy 01-10-2009 11:18 PM

Chipotle is a staple for me... It is an odd week that I don't call by at least once for a burrito (usually barbacoa or carnitas). The original store is within walking distance from my place.

http://chipotlog.com/chipotfiles/ima...28.preview.JPG

ToddziLLa 01-11-2009 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bazookajoe (Post 160756)

Yup!!! I've even been in line and when I say that the person behind me says "No way! I've never thought of that before!"

They do it, and the 1/2 steak 1/2 barbacoa is the best combo IMO. :ss

Smokin Gator 01-11-2009 10:18 AM

Never heard of it... Do they really have barbacoa??? If so is it the real deal cow's hear with the brain, tongue, and eyeballs?

acruce 01-11-2009 10:47 AM

I see them all the time but have never tried one.

acruce 01-11-2009 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokin Gator (Post 162438)
Never heard of it... Do they really have barbacoa??? If so is it the real deal cow's hear with the brain, tongue, and eyeballs?

I doubt it.

ToddziLLa 01-11-2009 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokin Gator (Post 162438)

"Spicy shredded beef" as the menu says.

Deucer 01-11-2009 07:53 PM

Soft tacos, 1 steak 1 chicken 1 barbacoa.

With fajita veggies, black beans, corn salsa and cheese. Throw a bit of chipotle Tabasco on top.

Damn good.

VirtualSmitty 01-11-2009 07:55 PM

Never heard of or seen Chipotle before, google it, and low and behold there's six around me. Know what i'm trying for lunch tomorrow :)

rack04 01-11-2009 07:59 PM

You haven't had a "burrito" until you've tried Freebirds. Sorry I think this is limited to Texas.

http://www.freebirds.com/

ToddziLLa 01-11-2009 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty (Post 163293)
Never heard of or seen Chipotle before, google it, and low and behold there's six around me. Know what i'm trying for lunch tomorrow :)

My purpose in life is fulfilled. :D

I like to compare it to a "Mexican Subway." You go in a line, and if it looks good...add it!

ucla695 01-12-2009 09:57 AM

I’ve never been, but I am a Mexican Food fan. It’s like a food group for me. Based on the all of the feedback here, I’m going to check it out. I'm always up for another place in the rotation.

Diesel Kinevel 01-15-2009 10:12 PM

I can eat chipotle every day of my life and not get tired of it.

Burrito:

Barbacoa
Lettuce
Cheese
Tomato
Corn
Extra Smoked Tobasco

Rock Star 01-15-2009 10:28 PM

i cant lose weight if i go there..LoL

Buckeye Jack 01-16-2009 05:30 AM

At this point I'm done with the Burritos, lunch time spills on dress clothes sucks!

Burrito Bowl
Carnitas
Rice
Black Bean
Cheese
Sour Cream
No Salsa (I substitute for the Tabasco Chipotle sauce)

Mr. Pibb (for some reason just taste right with this)

Follow it off with.......something from the Monte line? Especial? Edmundo? #2?

mmmmmmm.......I need breakfast.......

doctorcue 01-16-2009 01:59 PM

For those that haven't been there; Chipotle is a great Americanized taqueria. I want to make the difference as you can't get enchiladas there or stuff like that. What they do make is EXCELLENT burritos, tacos, & burrito-bowls (think taco salad without shell).

What I love is that everything is fresh. You can usually see the cooks grilling up chicken or steak. Most all of the ingredients are fresh. So you always get a great meal.

Personally, either the carnitas (:dr) or the chicken does it for me. My wife usually eats there once a week. Me, I try not to burn it out as I can eat there frequently.

Damn, might have to go there tonight!!

GKitty 01-30-2009 12:08 PM

Having a burrito bol for lunch today!!

Have you all heard about National Chipotle Day?

It's a FaceBook phenomena (not sponsored by Chipotle) where everyone goes on the same day to express our love and appreciation of Chipotle. This year it's on June 1st. Last year there were 142,000 that participated. Mark your calendars.

68TriShield 01-30-2009 12:22 PM

Their Burritos are the size of icehogs arms.

I have yet to eat a whole one.

JPH 01-30-2009 12:29 PM

Burrito
rice
Black beans (once you go black...)
Barbacoa
tomatoes
hot sauce
sour cream
cheese

booya.... mmm mmm good

TheJ 01-30-2009 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rack04 (Post 163303)
You haven't had a "burrito" until you've tried Freebirds. Sorry I think this is limited to Texas.

http://www.freebirds.com/

I was fixin' to add them to the list. My ex-girlfriend was an Aggie. I believe the original is in College Station, TX. When she found out they were opening one up on Sheppard, in Houston, years ago we had to make the 45 minute drive from Sugar Land. I can't say which is my favorite burrito joint, but Freebirds is tied with the Mission Burrito on W. Alabama, again in Houston, for 1st.

I can't agree with most of you guys. Chipotle has to be my least favorite place as far as burritos go. I place the blame squarely on the rice. Perhaps a more traditional tomato based riced would be better? Their tacos are good.

I had my first Qdoba out here in Florida. A little better than Chipotle. The only place around now is Moe's. Moe's fits right in the middle of the good and bad. Still, I pick it up once or twice a week.

cf2112 01-30-2009 08:09 PM

I've tried Chipolte 3 time and I must say this is the worst place I have ever eaten. The steak is nasty the chiken barely worth eating the pork is the best but still not good. I want my $30 back.

I love Mexican food and this is not it.

doctorcue 02-02-2009 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cf2112 (Post 205687)
I've tried Chipolte 3 time and I must say this is the worst place I have ever eaten. The steak is nasty the chiken barely worth eating the pork is the best but still not good. I want my $30 back.

I love Mexican food and this is not it.

Wow... you are one of the first I've heard of not liking it. Perhaps a badly run shop. Do remember though, like I said earlier, AMERICANIZED taqueria. It is good for what it is meant for.

Shervin 02-02-2009 01:36 PM

Man are you guys makin me hungry!:dr

SmokinDuck 02-02-2009 02:06 PM

Don't have one here but we do have a Qdoba and man is it good.

VirtualSmitty 02-08-2009 11:17 AM

Chipotle is alot like Qdoba. Was good though, and my first visit there was free!

DrDubzz 02-08-2009 03:00 PM

I can't wait to move somewhere with options...

Sr Mike 02-08-2009 04:23 PM

McDonald's Burritos, here in San Diego I know of one Chipotle, the food was not too bad, not something I would go out of my way for either.

TheJ 02-08-2009 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sr Mike (Post 223455)
McDonald's Burritos, here in San Diego I know of one Chipotle, the food was not too bad, not something I would go out of my way for either.

I thought they were part of McDonald's for a while. Did a quick wiki search and found out Boston Market was part of Mickey-D's as well.

PinkPistol86 02-19-2009 08:45 PM

I love chipotle, however the closest one here is in atlanta which is 2.5 hours away, so I go in Chicago with my fiancee.

PinkPistol86 02-19-2009 08:47 PM

We have a moes here which i get a homewrecker or joey at.