Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Some @#$&^%$ stole from me (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5185)

GWN 11-30-2008 05:51 AM

Some @#$&^%$ stole from me

Wake up yesterday morning to find one of the car doors open and the garage door open a bit. Idiot kids have been rifling through cars again.
Luckily the car they went through is for sale so it was empty. I'm steamed but get over as it appears nothing is gone.
Later in the day I realize the little SOBs stole my portable heater! WTF does a kid need with that?
One of the few things that gets me through a tough day at work is knowing I can come home and, once the kids are in bed, sit in the garage and enjoy a cigar. The heater doesn't keep me warm during the winter, but it takes the edge off. Little bastards.
Instead of replacing the heater, I went out yesterday and dropped $300 on a garage door opener. This should make the door harder to open than the flimsy lock in the handle that doesn't really work.
What really steams me is our city constantly sends parking control officers around (we got TWO tickets for parking on the road one Sunday morning - 1 a.m. and 6 a.m.) but you seldom see a police cruiser.
My wife's right, it could have been worse, but even after sleeping on it, I'm still pissed.
End of rant.

Don Fernando 11-30-2008 07:10 AM

Re: Some @#$&^%$ stole from me

sorry to hear that bro, people should just respect other people's property!

68TriShield 11-30-2008 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Fernando (Post 92598)
sorry to hear that bro, people should just respect other people's property!

Agreed.Ever thought of a big loud dog :)

dunng 11-30-2008 07:27 AM

Sorry to hear that... at least they did not get your cigars! :ss

Martin 11-30-2008 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68TriShield (Post 92605)
Agreed.Ever thought of a big loud dog :)

Ditto

Da Klugs 11-30-2008 09:23 AM

Sorry for your loss.

Happened here a year of so ago. Jane left her purse in the car and the car unlocked. Someone had a real good day. :fl

I installed a couple motion detecting spots. About $ 25 each. They come on very bright when someone walks near the garage. No repeat incidents.

MikeyC 11-30-2008 09:28 AM

It's really sad that people stoop to this level. My parents tell me about a day when you could leave your keys in the car and not lock the front door. However, those days are definitely over now.

My wife before I met her forgot to lock the front door to her apartment one day. She came out of her bedroom (with no shirt on BTW) to find some guy rifling through her purse. She lived in a secure building but someone must have let this guy in and her door happened to be open. He ran out with her wallet in hand. Luckily, she had little cash in there and she quickly cancelled all of her cards.

BORIStheBLADE 11-30-2008 09:29 AM

Could have been worse, but still sucks.

icurrie 11-30-2008 09:34 AM

That sucks man, I have been through that, last summer kids broke into my garage and only took my gas powered weed eater. WTF? I don't think it would be too easy to pawn that. And the kicker is, as in your case, it isn't worth the deductable on your insurance to put in a claim. I feel for you brother.....

Spagg 11-30-2008 09:35 AM

That really sucks. I had my radio stolen out of my vehicle a while ago and I remember the anger I felt.

adampc22 11-30-2008 10:28 AM

get your self a big arse dog or get one of them machines that barks

SilverFox 11-30-2008 11:28 AM

I feel your pain my friend about a week ago I came out in the morning and there was stuff strewn all over the Jeep. Now I never lock it but I also don't keep stuff in it. They got about 15 bucks in loose change and stole a multi-driver screwdriver. The crappy part was they turned on the interior lights the headlights and the fog lights. $130 battery out the window just in spite.

DragonMan 11-30-2008 11:30 AM

That sucks Jeff, but the good thing is nothing major was stolen.

http://smilies.vidahost.com/games/ff...rs/bahamut.gif

jbonnefsc 11-30-2008 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Da Klugs (Post 92724)
I installed a couple motion detecting spots. About $ 25 each. They come on very bright when someone walks near the garage. No repeat incidents.

We got motion detectors like for a store, so the bell dings when motion is detected. Worked really well, as it woke us up in time for me to run to the door with the shotgun and look angry.

Also works for teenagers who try and have "guests" sneak through the windows.

Prefy 11-30-2008 12:46 PM

Sorry to hear Jeff, but I'm glad nothing major was stolen.

hotreds 11-30-2008 02:12 PM

Pathetic! Agree that some of the things mentioned above might help. I understand the "Barking Dog" detectors sound very realistic!

Mugen910 11-30-2008 02:44 PM

I hate people who cannot respect other's property...sorry to hear brother..

Starscream 11-30-2008 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeyC (Post 92730)
It's really sad that people stoop to this level. My parents tell me about a day when you could leave your keys in the car and not lock the front door. However, those days are definitely over now.

:tpd:The good ol' days are over. Sorry to hear about your troubles, but thank God they didn't get any cigars!

smokinj 11-30-2008 05:45 PM

Sorry to hear about this incident:( The new door opener should prevent further happenings. Hope it doesn't happen again

CBI_2 11-30-2008 06:29 PM

Sorry to hear. That kind of stuff sucks. Had a cousin years ago who was getting his early 70's Z28 keyed so he spent a night in the car with his gun and put the fear of God in the suckers.