Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Good Eats (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   What are you smoking this weekend?? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2429)

Smokin Gator 10-25-2008 08:36 AM

What are you smoking this weekend??

My daughter is coming home from college for a weekend visit so I am doing a brisket, a pot of butter beans, a pot of collards, some cole slaw, and a pan of corn bread and some ABTs for appetizers during the Gator game. Did I raise that girl right or what??

nozero 10-25-2008 08:39 AM

Re: What are you smoking this weekend??

What are ABTs?

Smokin Gator 10-25-2008 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nozero (Post 34184)
What are ABTs?

Atomic Buffalo Turds

There are many variations but I'm going old school today:

Jalapeno seeded/cored, stuffed with cream cheese, wrapped in bacon, smoked over cherry wood for 3 hours.

Steve 10-25-2008 10:00 AM

I usually mix in some leftover pulled pork with mine.

BTW, what time should I drop in?

:ss

Seriously, we need to get together with the smokers one of these days. BBQ and cigars, it don't get much better!

Steve

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokin Gator (Post 34195)
Atomic Buffalo Turds

There are many variations but I'm going old school today:

Jalapeno seeded/cored, stuffed with cream cheese, wrapped in bacon, smoked over cherry wood for 3 hours.

Smokin Gator 10-25-2008 10:54 AM

Come on by brother... The Gators are kicking some Wildcat butt and I'm about to start drinking!!

BengalMan 10-25-2008 02:19 PM

I wish I could smoke something, BBQ is my favorite food, but no smoker. Need to pick one up at some point I guess...

tnip23 10-25-2008 02:23 PM

and they say Florida isn't part of the south... that menu says otherwise, nice job brother.:ss

Scottw 10-25-2008 02:25 PM

Raining all weekend here, nothing

Don Fernando 10-25-2008 03:39 PM

I smoked a Phillies grape (don't ask) and a Devil's weed nicot. Will light up something else later, probably something Cuban. Can't smoke tomorrow due to the smoking ban here in Holland.

Smokin Gator 10-25-2008 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BengalMan (Post 34786)
I wish I could smoke something, BBQ is my favorite food, but no smoker. Need to pick one up at some point I guess...

Weber is coming out with a new larger Weber Smokey Mountain. The old ones are being let go pretty cheap. They are a very nice smoker. If you need some help with it let me know!!

Steve 10-25-2008 04:21 PM

We're DEFINITELY part of the south, we've just been overrun with foreigners :D

Gotta love GRITS! (I've got 2, my wife and daughter)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnip23 (Post 34791)
and they say Florida isn't part of the south... that menu says otherwise, nice job brother.:ss

livwire68 10-25-2008 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokin Gator (Post 34895)
Weber is coming out with a new larger Weber Smokey Mountain. The old ones are being let go pretty cheap. They are a very nice smoker. If you need some help with it let me know!!

Who usually carries the WSM's, I have heard a ton about them! I doubt I will get one, I love my bandera! I am really considering the commercial kingfisher rotisserie Kooker, due to the amount of meat/pigs it can smoke. Anyhoo enjoy that brisket, ABT's and you must smoke a "fatty" for breakfast!

Smokin Gator 10-26-2008 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by livwire68 (Post 35282)
Who usually carries the WSM's, I have heard a ton about them! I doubt I will get one, I love my bandera! I am really considering the commercial kingfisher rotisserie Kooker, due to the amount of meat/pigs it can smoke. Anyhoo enjoy that brisket, ABT's and you must smoke a "fatty" for breakfast!

Amazon has the old ones currently and is taking orders on the new one.

I had a Brinkman Smoke King Deluxe for a long time. I have also cooked competitions on Kingfisher. They are both good cookers. I have just gotten lazy over the years and don't like pulling all nighters!!

:eevis 10-26-2008 10:46 AM

Good looking menu, We need pics.
God, I wish I was cooking this weekend, maybe next weekend :mad: