Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   JR let me down (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=70927)

rwiiames 01-13-2016 07:22 PM

JR let me down

I delivered yesterday afternoon in Smithfield, NC. When I left the customet, I could see the JR Cigars store through the trees. Since the best my boss could do was a pickup this morning, I decided to go over there and check the place out and maybe have a smoke in their lounge. Boy-Howdy was I disappointed. "No Truck Parking" signs all over the place. Somehow I'm just not feeling the love.

The Poet 01-13-2016 07:42 PM

Re: JR let me down

So you are upset because a retail outlet does not have parking for, I assume, a tractor-trailer rig? You must really hate the drive-thru windows at Burger King! :r

rwiiames 01-13-2016 09:08 PM

Their billboards are plastered all over the southeast bragging about how HUGE their stores and selections are. You would think they could spare room to park a handful of 65' long vehicles.

rwiiames 01-13-2016 09:10 PM

Oh, I almost forgot, there is an Arby's near Kokomo, IN that has a drive through for big trucks.

MarkinAZ 01-13-2016 10:00 PM

I'm sure there must be a city ordinance associated with the "no parking yur big rig" signs. JR most likely would love to have your business, but is respecting local code for not having a bunch of big rigs cluttering up traffic patterns in town, etc...:2

BTW, I wonder if the other stores in NC have these signs, or if it is just this particular JR store?

YankeeMan 01-14-2016 06:52 AM

I go to the JR Store in Selma/Smithfield all the time, they have plenty of Truck and RV parking. I don't know what could have happened. In fact, the regular outlet in now closed and just the cigar store remains. I wouldn't think parking would be problem.

I'm heading done there tomorrow, I'll scope it out.

irratebass 01-14-2016 07:50 AM

Tell ya what Wes, my shop will allow your big rig to park, so long as it's after 5pm (which is usually when I work) So come in and see us:

Smoker's Choice
757 N Green St
Brownsburg, Indiana 46112

Hours M-W, Sun 11am-8pm
Th, Fri, Sat 11am - 10pm

rwiiames 01-14-2016 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irratebass (Post 2070607)
Tell ya what Wes, my shop will allow your big rig to park, so long as it's after 5pm (which is usually when I work) So come in and see us:

Smoker's Choice
757 N Green St
Brownsburg, Indiana 46112

Hours M-W, Sun 11am-8pm
Th, Fri, Sat 11am - 10pm

Next time I run out I74 I'll be sure to stop by. Thanks!

irratebass 01-15-2016 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwiiames (Post 2070697)
Next time I run out I74 I'll be sure to stop by. Thanks!

:tu

YankeeMan 01-16-2016 07:01 AM

Stopped by JR's yesterday and saw the sign. That's been there for years but no one pays attention to it. I told the manager about what happend and he felt bad. Now that the outlet part is closed, you can park a fleet of trucks in there.

He says feel free to stop in. Starting sometime in February, the new cigar store will open, including a 5,500 square foot lounge. I can't wait.

Tio Gato 01-16-2016 05:06 PM

Good job Rick looking out for a brother. Well done sir.:cl