Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Virginias and Cavendish (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=36344)

Cigar_Noob 09-14-2010 10:51 AM

Virginias and Cavendish

I was wondering if the tobacco called "Virginia" is considered a milder tobacco? Same question goes for whatever cavendish is.

BigFrank 09-15-2010 03:41 PM

Re: Virginias and Cavendish

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cigar_Noob (Post 988488)
I was wondering if the tobacco called "Virginia" is considered a milder tobacco? Same question goes for whatever cavendish is.

Are you talking about flavor or nicotine content?

Cigar_Noob 09-15-2010 08:32 PM

Flavor. I have never cared too much about nicotine content.

Emjaysmash 09-15-2010 08:39 PM

I would categorize Virginias and cavendish's as milder. Cavendish is mostly used for Aromatics and as such are mostly mild blends.

Cigar_Noob 09-15-2010 08:57 PM

Very cool to know. So far all the Pipe Tobacco that I have tried have been mainly Virginias and Cavendish. Also so far none of it has had..much of a taste..at least not that I can detect. Upon my research thus far....I believe Tobacco blends with Latakia are most likely going to be for me.

physiognomy 09-15-2010 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cigar_Noob (Post 990299)
... I believe Tobacco blends with Latakia are most likely going to be for me.

If you are a cigar smoker then I would tend to agree... I found myself drifting back to VA blends after a while & appreciate their flavors more now. I am not sure why this is, but its not an uncommon transition (from what I've read).

Cigar_Noob 09-15-2010 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by physiognomy (Post 990320)
If you are a cigar smoker then I would tend to agree... I found myself drifting back to VA blends after a while & appreciate their flavors more now. I am not sure why this is, but its not an uncommon transition (from what I've read).

Actually I felt that I had the same problems with Cigars that I have had with Virginias. I hadn't touched a Cigar in very long. However thinking back to it..I oddly enough can now recognize the taste that I had with the cigars..I don't know why it took reflecting on it almost a year later, that suddenly I can remember the taste....odd I know. Next time I go to the tobacco shop and pick up some pipe stuff...maybe I will pick up a cigar, and see how it goes.

Emjaysmash 09-16-2010 06:12 AM

I'm a big cigar smoker and my favorite pipe blends are VAs and Va/Pers. Virginia may be milder but it bring a lot of subtle flavor along with it! Don't give up hope, its only a matter of time!

Cigar_Noob 09-16-2010 07:25 AM

Only a matter of time till i see the light :) I am beginning to enjoy this experience, even tho the tobaccco's I tried I couldn't taste. However I have realized that even the ones that I can't taste where still enjoyable in a different way. I would be planning bout now to start getting me some new tobacco's, but I had to give my entire paycheck to the family for car repairs..wont get any money back till..I dunno when haha...so still...still a matter of time for me :) thanks for all the help tho guys.

Emjaysmash 09-16-2010 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cigar_Noob (Post 990561)
Only a matter of time till i see the light :) I am beginning to enjoy this experience, even tho the tobaccco's I tried I couldn't taste. However I have realized that even the ones that I can't taste where still enjoyable in a different way. I would be planning bout now to start getting me some new tobacco's, but I had to give my entire paycheck to the family for car repairs..wont get any money back till..I dunno when haha...so still...still a matter of time for me :) thanks for all the help tho guys.

Anytime! It's what we're here for! :tu