Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Super Bowl & Madonna... (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=51565)

14holestogie 12-05-2011 09:05 AM

Super Bowl & Madonna...

...discuss

hotreds 12-05-2011 09:17 AM

Re: Super Bowl & Madonna...

http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com...y-symptoms.jpg

mase 12-05-2011 09:31 AM

Uggghhhhh

14holestogie 12-05-2011 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotreds (Post 1492779)

Remember back in the 80's when you said to yourself, "I'd tap that".
Now, not so much. I think body parts would be falling off. :D

forgop 12-05-2011 09:44 AM

Much better choice than they've made for quite some time. She was probably too controversial to get the gig when she was more relevant.

RevSmoke 12-05-2011 09:59 AM

Didn't like her music back in the day. So, halftime will be a good time to make up another place of food and grab another beverage.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

deadrise 12-05-2011 10:02 AM

Wardrobe Malfunction :dr:dr:dr

Stephen 12-05-2011 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14holestogie (Post 1492770)
...discuss

Does anyone like Madonna anymore? I mean, I get it if you dug her back in the 80's/early 90's being the pop icon she was and all, but she hasn't been relevant in damn near 20 years (and like most pop, her music hasn't aged well). Maybe George Michael or Duran Duran can make a special apperance to complete this, "I don't give a damn" extravaganza. On that note, she now reminds me of another 80's icon:
http://files.sharenator.com/madonna_...x320-65126.jpg

replicant_argent 12-05-2011 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forgop (Post 1492804)
Much better choice than they've made for quite some time. She was probably too controversial to get the gig when she was more relevant.

Mudonna= Meh.

The average football fan has about the same interest in that broad as a scented candle sale at Kohls, is my supposition.

Madonna at halftime= hunting for meat/tossing a ball around/beer restocking/dropping the kids off at the pool/ad infinitum break.
Oh, and by "much better choice" do you mean that you vomit slightly less while watching it? Great review.
;)

replicant_argent 12-05-2011 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 1492842)
Does anyone like Madonna anymore? I mean, I get it if you dug her back in the 80's/early 90's being the pop icon she was and all, but she hasn't been relevant in damn near 20 years (and like most pop, her music hasn't aged well). Maybe George Michael or Duran Duran can make a special apperance to complete this, "I don't give a damn" extravaganza. On that note, she now reminds me of another 80's icon:
http://files.sharenator.com/madonna_...x320-65126.jpg

Holy Granny Hands!
(or Sharp Grasping Talons)

icehog3 12-05-2011 10:33 AM

She will justify my love.

mase 12-05-2011 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by replicant_argent (Post 1492850)
Holy Granny Hands!
(or Sharp Grasping Talons)

Does Madonna have large talons?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HXMRBMclgY

irratebass 12-05-2011 11:11 AM

I've said it before and I'll say it again AC/DC would be the best Superbowl halftime show ever.

Emjaysmash 12-05-2011 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RevSmoke (Post 1492820)
Didn't like her music back in the day. So, halftime will be a good time to make up another place of food and grab another beverage.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

:tpd:

forgop 12-05-2011 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by replicant_argent (Post 1492845)
Mudonna= Meh.

The average football fan has about the same interest in that broad as a scented candle sale at Kohls, is my supposition.

Madonna at halftime= hunting for meat/tossing a ball around/beer restocking/dropping the kids off at the pool/ad infinitum break.
Oh, and by "much better choice" do you mean that you vomit slightly less while watching it? Great review.
;)

The halftime show for the super bowl isn't about drawing the average football fan. Those people are already watching the game. It's about drawing more people that wouldn't watch it otherwise.

I don't listen to Madonna by any means although she was good back in her day. She was probably too controversial to put on when she was still popular. If it were my choice, I'd get rid of these damn halftime performances for thanksgiving day and the super bowl altogether. I don't give a rats behind about the stupid choreographed performances by 3000 kids on the field and people running up to the stage to watch 3 songs. Last year was one of the odd years that I did watch and seeing slash come out was cool. Every year it's a retread rock band, hip hop, or country performance. But yeah, it'll suck less than previous shows.

kelmac07 12-05-2011 11:54 AM

Does the Super Bowl entertainment committee have a clause that they must hire old, over the hill talent? Is Omar Minaya on this committee? :r :r

forgop 12-05-2011 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irratebass (Post 1492915)
I've said it before and I'll say it again AC/DC would be the best Superbowl halftime show ever.

They would be good. Unfortunately, they'd be sure to throw in someone else with them to appease the newer generation.

replicant_argent 12-05-2011 12:02 PM

Ah. I get you.
So "Suck Less" may actually become my own personal Catch Phrase of 2012. (copyright MCS, all rights reserved, mumbo jumbo, mumbo jumbo.)
I actually don't think the half-time show "draws" anyone really. Those people are quite probably "in the room anyway." The new commercials probably draw more actual viewers to the advertisers than trying to lure them in with a musical act that is out of the main NFL demographic.

But I am an idiot. What do I know. Maybe the marketing and advertising witchdoctors and charlatans have softened my perceptions and logic-center enough to make me the perfect patsy to their never ending gruel of Soylent Green.

Oooooh is that the new Fiat commercial?

Squirrel!

IBQTEE1 12-05-2011 12:32 PM

Not really sure that she the right choice for the Superbowl.

Stephen 12-05-2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forgop (Post 1492972)
They would be good. Unfortunately, they'd be sure to throw in someone else with them to appease the newer generation.

Are you under some impression that the, "newer generation" will be appeased by Skeletor? She hasn't been popular since I was in high school. Maybe next year's Super Bowl they'll roll out Sisqó.