Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Your local ACE (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=22422)

TripleF 10-01-2009 06:40 AM

Your local ACE

Recently I've had the need to stop into the hardware store and the people at ACE have been exceedingly willing to help and the store I frequent is always staffed very well.

Yesterday I was on my way to Kmart for a hygrometer battery, and dreading going there because they're always under-staffed and it's impossible to find help if you need it. I wasn't sure if ACE carried this little battery, but I know the people were friendly, so I thought, what the heck, why not give ACE a shot. They had the battery!!!

Reason for the post is, if you like good old fashioned "helpful service" check out your local ACE. :D

-

leasingthisspace 10-01-2009 06:54 AM

Re: Your local ACE

It is sad to say but I haven't seen one in years.

Smokin Gator 10-01-2009 07:00 AM

They really are good. Plus they seem to carry some things I can't find anywhere else.

HK3- 10-01-2009 07:08 AM

We have an ACE Hardware right down the here in town. When I don't feel like driving across town for something small I hit good ol ACE! :tu

Always someone at the front door to help you as soon as you walk in. And, you don't get the deer in the headlights look when you ask a question. :tu

aich75013 10-01-2009 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokin Gator (Post 576918)
They really are good. Plus they seem to carry some things I can't find anywhere else.

:tpd:
It's a little bit of a drive to my nearest one, but when I can't find something elsewhere, they usually have it.

Giant & 49er Fan 10-01-2009 08:07 AM

"ACE is the place with the helpful hardware folk!"

I worked for ACE back home for a couple years while in school. Cutting rebar, loading concrete and etc. They really train thier people so they are happy to help with confidence!

DoctorBJ 10-01-2009 08:10 AM

and the local one TripleF is referring to, has free popcorn for customers I think. :)

bookman 10-01-2009 08:11 AM

Always have I had a great, friendly, and helpful experience at my neighborhood ACE!!!

gvarsity 10-01-2009 08:24 AM

We have one right in our neighborhood and it is just as you say. Well staffed good customer service good selection a class operation all around.

kenstogie 10-01-2009 09:10 AM

I go to our local one all the time. THey have stuff that the big box guys don't.

Darrell 10-01-2009 09:13 AM

I'm glad they helped you out!

I'm a big fan of OSH. Those guys put Home Depot and Lowe's to shame in regards to price and customer service!!

icehog3 10-01-2009 09:51 AM

Nothing but good experiences at my local ACE. :tu

itsme_timd 10-01-2009 09:56 AM

Where I live we are fighting like crazy to keep that small town feel while being part of that Atlanta metro. I have to say that we're not doing too bad at it.

We still have a main street lined with merchants and a 25 MPH speed limit as you pass through there. One of the corner stores is our good ol' Ace Hardware. Whether you need paint, bird seed, a saw... or local grown honey and homemade lye soap - Ace is the place. (Do they still use that slogan???:))

tenbaseg 10-01-2009 09:59 AM

I love a nice Ace.

kelmac07 10-01-2009 10:01 AM

Don't think I have a local ACE hardware store. :td

TripleF 10-01-2009 10:03 AM

If you can find one, support it!! :tu