Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Island (The other ones) Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   El Baton Robusto (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=24021)

4WheelVFR 11-01-2009 07:59 PM

El Baton Robusto

I hadn't been to my B&M in quite a while, so I was looking for something a little different. The owner of this place usually is pretty consistent with his selection, but every now and then he brings something in that's a little different than the usual Fuente, Padron, Punch lineup. I noticed a few new brands that I'd not seen before and this one caught my eye.
Nothing flashy, but a nice looking presentation. Attractive box and band, the construction looked nice, and the price wasn't bad at $6 a stick. I decided to burn this one out on the porch this evening with a Fritz's Strawberry Pop and a Vince Flynn novel.
Upon lighting, I was rewarded with a near perfect draw and a pleasant coffee like taste, which is one of my preferred flavor profiles in a cigar. The flavor was unchanging for the most part throughout the cigar which was fine by me. It did get a little harsh a couple times, but I may have gotten a little over eager. The draw was the same the entire time as well as a nice even burn.
I believe this was my first cigar since July 4th and I was not dissapointed. Overall i would rate this cigar a 7/10. No complaints at all here. I will defintely make some room in the humi for a few more.

RightAJ 11-01-2009 08:11 PM

Re: El Baton Robusto

I have seen these somewher... Looks like its worth giving a try. Thanx for the review!

aj

elderboy02 11-01-2009 08:12 PM

I got one of these a couple months ago with a free coupon they gave out. I need to fire it up soon.

Smokemifugotem 11-01-2009 08:23 PM

not on my pc...but last time I checked...that coupon was still there. Check their site...not a bad stick...especially when it is free!

montecristo#2 11-01-2009 09:27 PM

I just grabbed one of these on Saturday. A figured since it is a Nicaraguan puro, I would give it a try. A Newman cigar not made by the Fuentes.

I have heard good things about the Brickhouse as well, so I grabbed a couple of those to go along with the El Baton.

shvictor 11-01-2009 09:34 PM

I really liked the one El Baton I smoked...Very good

kelmac07 11-02-2009 04:34 AM

The one I had was enjoyable.

SmokeyJoe 11-02-2009 09:25 AM

Thanks for the review. Picked one up on a whim last week and haven't tried it yet. Could be time. :tu

bobarian 11-02-2009 11:25 AM

Thanks Ray, gonna have to try this one out soon! :tu

dannysguitar 11-02-2009 04:29 PM

The first of these I smoked was underwhelming, but the 2 after that were nice flavor and aroma. I would buy again... Thanks for the review!

4WheelVFR 11-02-2009 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montecristo#2 (Post 627315)
I just grabbed one of these on Saturday. A figured since it is a Nicaraguan puro, I would give it a try. A Newman cigar not made by the Fuentes.

I have heard good things about the Brickhouse as well, so I grabbed a couple of those to go along with the El Baton.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobarian (Post 627847)
Thanks Ray, gonna have to try this one out soon! :tu

*cough cough* cyber herf *cough*

timo 11-02-2009 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elderboy02 (Post 627228)
I got one of these a couple months ago with a free coupon they gave out. I need to fire it up soon.

:tpd:

timo 11-02-2009 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montecristo#2 (Post 627315)

What is a Brickhouse?